This is something new! Shareholder OBC customer service

trvlwrld

1 hour ago, theloo said:

So each co-owner (in 2 different cabins) emails the details separately?  My spouse and I are in different cabins with our minor children.

That’s right. Since our shares are held in a joint account, both names are on the statement. When we are booked in separate cabins, we simply send everything in one email for my credit then wait a few days and send the same statement with hubby’s info a few days later. 

• Like 1

Our stock is in the entire families names.  If we book separate rooms, we submit separate stock statements for each room.  If we travel in a single room, we submit once.  

Works really well for minibar and laundry too as all of us aren't elite, so all rooms get those perks too.  

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm taking advantage of the system.  

We seem to be having problems in the UK this year as I sent mine off for an August cruise about 3 weeks ago and received an email saying it was too early and to send off 3 months before. So I sent off last week and haven’t even received a confirmation email saying email has been received, which normally comes within seconds of sending email off. Has anyone else in the UK not had a received confirmation? 

Just got an email from Princess after previously saying please apply again in May they now say apply 90 days before the cruise so I will have to email again in 2 weeks. 

Last year they applied the OBC a year before our cruises, I expect they changed it perhaps because people were applying and then selling the shares????

On 5/4/2023 at 4:12 PM, Jazzytelly said:

Just got an email from Princess after previously saying please apply again in May they now say apply 90 days before the cruise so I will have to email again in 2 weeks. 

Last year they applied the OBC a year before our cruises, I expect they changed it perhaps because people were applying and then selling the shares????

I sent the email May 3 and 2 days later, I have OBC.  Embarkation is not until September 6. Maybe they’re learning to trust me.  It’s the same 100 shares I had for my March sailing.

I do think there are multiple risks, some pointed out upthread, of folks gaming the system.  That certainly includes selling before the cruise.  Of course, there is also a risk on my part of losing more on the stock than I gain on OBC over time.  I’ll need 11 cruises to be assured of a profit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I sent the email May 3 and 2 days later, I have OBC.  Embarkation is not until September 6. Maybe they’re learning to trust me.  It’s the same 100 shares I had for my March sailing.

I do think there are multiple risks, some pointed out upthread, of folks gaming the system.  That certainly includes selling before the cruise.  Of course, there is also a risk on my part of losing more on the stock than I gain on OBC over time.  I’ll need 11 cruises to be assured of a profit.

I think it is just in the UK they have adopted this 90 day rule as last year and before Covid we always applied and got early. From reading that social media site that shall not be named it seems others in  UK are getting the same response. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 9:12 PM, Jazzytelly said:

The UK offices strictly apply the 90 day rule. Having said that,  our requests have all been turned around in less than  a week.

Personally, I don't think Princess could care less about private individuals selling 100 shares after getting the obc - in the scale of things it is insignificant. 

On 5/5/2023 at 1:31 PM, BamaVol said:

Thanks for the recent report.  I submitted mine yesterday and got the automatic response saying it might take as much as 21 days.  I'm still 50+ days out, so there is still time.

1 hour ago, theloo said:

Thanks for the recent report.  I submitted mine yesterday and got the automatic response saying it might take as much as 21 days.  I'm still 50+ days out, so there is still time.

I also sent mine in on May 4th and have only received the automatic email response saying it may take up to 21 days to process. I happened to look in my account yesterday and the OBC was already in there. I never got an email alerting me my request was accepted. So check your account in the next few days.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 4:12 PM, Jazzytelly said:

I emailed my shareholder request on 4/27/2023 for my recently booked 2/21/2024 cruise. The credit was on my account the next day. Maybe try to resubmit?

27 minutes ago, Sailaway617 said:

I also sent mine in on May 4th and have only received the automatic email response saying it may take up to 21 days to process. I happened to look in my account yesterday and the OBC was already in there. I never got an email alerting me my request was accepted. So check your account in the next few days.

Based on two experiences, that email saying it has been posted never comes.  But the OBC has shown up within 2-3 days both times.  And as of today, my stock value isn’t too far off what I paid.  But the Dow giveth, and the Dow taketh away.  When I’m done sailing, I will sell for whatever I can get. And the IRS allows me to exclude OBC from capital gains.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I emailed my shareholder request on 4/27/2023 for my recently booked 2/21/2024 cruise. The credit was on my account the next day. Maybe try to resubmit?

Unfortunately it seems to be a UK thing starting from this year. We always used to get it added earlier but I did send again and got same response. First they said resubmit in May ( cruise is the end of August) so I resubmitted in May and this time it said 90 days before cruise. 

4 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

Unfortunately it seems to be a UK thing starting from this year. We always used to get it added earlier but I did send again and got same response. First they said resubmit in May ( cruise is the end of August) so I resubmitted in May and this time it said 90 days before cruise. 

I always forget that UK people seem to get treated differently. I hope in the end you get what has been promised to shareholders. Even though the stock price is pretty much in the toilet, the shareholder benefit softens the sting. 

31 minutes ago, antsp said:

It's no hardship sending it in 90 days or less before sailing 

Yes, which is what I am doing, I only resent it earlier because the first mail from them said to resend in May, which obviously wasn’t correct it should have said the end of May or given a specific date 

On 5/9/2023 at 6:05 PM, Sailaway617 said:

Thanks for the tip.  I also never got the email that it was processed, but the OBC was there today (3 days after I requested).  Now I need to request for my second cabin 🙂  Together with my next cruise in December, we will recoup over 100% of our investment!