Just receive obc refund- check is VOID

LouCoop

4 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Me too. On our cruise that ended 26 May 2023,  I asked the Purser's office about the refundable OBC. I was told it would be credited back to my credit card. However, as of today, about 10 days later, I have not seen a credit..... Or a check.

Doug

Being from Canada, we want the cheque.  I would rather have US money for the next cruise.  We need it in a cheque.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 11:14 AM, david63 said:

Don't tell me that people are still using cheques - not seen a cheque in over five years!

I thought everything was done electronically these days.

I would rather get a cheque than hand over my bank account number.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Just received refund cheque today. So everything is OK. Still don't know what happened to the last cheque that was stamped Dec.2 and received March 29. This one was stamped April 14 and received today April 25, makes more sense.

Princess have been cooperative in this matter. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We had an, well let's say, interesting experience on our last cruise with unused "refundable" OBC.

As we had several times before, we asked for our OBC to be mailed to us up until this experience, this was always accomplished fairly timely (in corporate speak) and without any hassle. 

This time, months went on and no check. We had a few comedy routines with the reps on the phone about it, but it went nowhere. Finally we got someone to admit that yes, we are entitled to the OBC refund. It will be mailed out within the next two weeks we were told. About a month later we were still waiting so we called again. This time we had a name and direct line from the "two week" rep.

She explained that the refund was made directly to a credit card. We didn't have any credits on our cards, so we asked logically, "what card?". She gave us a name on the card - someone we never heard of and the party began in earnest.

Long story and countless phone time short, it turns out that the refund was put back on the card of the owner of the travel agency we used! We were never told that, we just did our own sleuthing and found out the name of the owner. The OBC's were from Princess, not the agency. We called back - again - and demanded that they issue us the credit, and we didn't care about whom they already refunded our credits to - not our problem. The agency is a very large cruise consolidator that must have literally hundreds if not thousands of transactions daily with cruise lines. We weren't about to get on that train.

Another month passed, but low and behold we finally did the credit check in the mail. Very bizarre.

7 hours ago, LouCoop said:

UPDATE

Just received refund cheque today. So everything is OK. Still don't know what happened to the last cheque that was stamped Dec.2 and received March 29. This one was stamped April 14 and received today April 25, makes more sense.

Princess have been cooperative in this matter. 

That was weird indeed. We got our OBC refund about 4 weeks after the cruise and it was dated properly.

Doug