< 18 year olds need parent or guardian on board for them go to the teen club.

donaldsc

Apparently <18 year old kids can not use the Youth and Teen Program if their parents guardians are not on board.  We are taking our grandson w/o parents on an AK cruise.  Has anyone encountered this problem.  Can the parents sign some sort of form that authorizes us to act as a parent in absentia so he can go to the club if he wants.  We already have notarized Permission to Treat and Permission to Take Him Out of the Country forms for him.

DON

19 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Apparently <18 year old kids can not use the Youth and Teen Program if their parents guardians are not on board.  We are taking our grandson w/o parents on an AK cruise.  Has anyone encountered this problem.  Can the parents sign some sort of form that authorizes us to act as a parent in absentia so he can go to the club if he wants.  We already have notarized Permission to Treat and Permission to Take Him Out of the Country forms for him.

DON

I believe that the parent(s) can do the authourization for the teen/youth program before you sail so that they can...we are looking at taking my sissy's granddaughters in December & that was my understanding...that it can be printed & signed by them

I think that there may be a bit of misunderstanding here.

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Apparently <18 year old kids can not use the Youth and Teen Program if their parents guardians are not on board.

What this means is that when the ship is in port you cannot go ashore and leave the kids on board with the youth team - not that the actual parents have to be physically on the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

DON

This link from the princess.com website takes you to a form to be signed by Parent/Guardian.  My guess is that you no doubt qualify as their Guardian. 

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/kids-and-teens/

Please let us know what you find out. 

Hi Don,

I have seen many people in  the same boat as you (pun intended 😃)  it is common to see grand parents sailing with grand kids without parents. When you board with the kids you automatically take the role of guardian as you are the adult in their cabin.

You will be able to sign them in and out of the kids club without a problem. You should have the option in your personalizer to sign them up for the kids club pre cruise as they should be linked to your booking as minors.

Oh and if you are interested or in need, there is the option for kids to remain aboard in the kids club while parents/guardians go ashore. They must be booked in beforehand though and positions are limited. We have used this on a few occasions when the kids didn't want to do the excursion we had planned.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

We have sailed with "not our kids" and had no issues with them being able to use the teen club. I just signed a waiver on the first day that I was their guardian on the ship. These kids were just my DD's friends, so not even family.

• Thanks 1