Rapid approval for shareholder credit

BrianI

On 3/31/2023 at 2:33 PM, Interestedcruisefan said:

For anybody who cruises a lot then £734 for 100 shares could be paid back in a couple of years with OBC

Am I missing anything before I buy?

Make sure that the EPIC on the London Stock Exchange is CCL when buying the shares - then you can't get the wrong company by mistake.

Edited by bbtablet

1 hour ago, Bill Y said:

Yes That is exactly what I do one email to P&O, no one else involved, no downloading or screen grabs, no redacting, no scanning and attaching!

But it is much easier and faff free to sell shares held by a nominee company than those held on certificate.

1 hour ago, Bill Y said:

Yes That is exactly what I do one email to P&O, no one else involved, no downloading or screen grabs, no redacting, no scanning and attaching!

But it is much easier and faff free to sell shares held by a nominee company than those held on certificate.

22 hours ago, davecttr said:

I bought my shares from Iquinity who do not charge to hold them and when claiming shareholder benefit I send this email to  shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Would you please apply my shareholder benefit for my upcoming cruise.
Shares with Equiniti
Shareholder reference – XXXXXXXXXXX
Name – Mr David XXXXXXXX
Booking Reference – XXXXXX
Ship – P&O Arvia
Sailing Date – XX XXXX 2023

Thanks
Dave XXXXXXXX

You will need to buy 100 shares in Carnival UK and you will get a shareholder reference

Cheers dave. Equiniti aren't taking new customers. They've diverted to interactive investor. I've opened an account with Hargreaves Lansdowne. I'm buying the shares on Monday when the markets reopen and trying to squeeze in some OBC for a Princess cruise at the end of the month.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, doog442 said:

Cheers dave. Equiniti aren't taking new customers. They've diverted to interactive investor. I've opened an account with Hargreaves Lansdowne. I'm buying the shares on Monday when the markets reopen and trying to squeeze in some OBC for a Princess cruise at the end of the month.  

With HL you can download a PDF of your holding and send it by an email attachment to the relevant email address. So easy 👍

• Like 3

11 hours ago, doog442 said:

I'm buying the shares on Monday when the markets reopen and trying to squeeze in some OBC for a Princess cruise at the end of the month.  

You might struggle to achieve that. You have to request your shareholder OBC at least three weeks pre cruise and it will probably take a few days from buying the shares to get suitable confirmation to pass on to the shareholder team.

On 3/30/2023 at 12:36 PM, BrianI said:

I was amazed how quick my application went today.

Timeline….

1131 email sent

1132 received auto confirmation of email receipt 

1141P&O email received confirming credit and said they would send to my TA

1201 email from my TA confirming the credit and issued a revised invoice.

So 30 mins from start to finish

Brian

The same can't be said for Princess. Applied Monday morning and have heard nothing apart from an e mail acknowledgement. The cruise is on April 30th so get a feeling they'll conveniently ignore it.  

I applied for Princess onboard Credit the same time as I applied for the P&O Credit last week. 

As I said previously P&O responded with hours, Princess did not come close as they took 5 days. Not as good as P&O but still not that bad in my opinion, I'd be surprised if you did not get your credit in time for the 30th. 

• Like 1