Carnival Luminosa April 1 2024 Transpacific, Brisbane to Seattle

Two more from Colorado going to be on that ship from Brisbane to Seattle on April 1st.   Haven't been on a cruise this long, ever.   Should be interesting.   We don't have anything excursion wise booked but would be interested in knowing who's doing what and where.   🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 10:13 PM, Yeame said:

I was in Japan in October, the weather was cooler than expected. I wore shorts and a light jacket. I was thankful that I travel with a folding umbrella, as it poured a few afternoons.
I cruised Alaska a few years ago in May was expecting cold weather and I wore shorts everyday. 

I guess what I am trying to say is, pack for cold and warm.

Thank you for your recommendations.  I Did an Arctic Cruise to Norway to see the Artic Lights Oct 2022 the general bulk of Snow bibs/boots and long puffer coats was not very "luggage friendly".  

This trip will have some days in the 30-40s I'm doing less puffer and more thin layers of Merino wool mix & match, which packs light dries quickly when hand washed.  As a full time Floridian with thin blood I am only bringing 1 pair of shorts for the AU leg of the trip.

I booked this cruise while on board the Venezia last week. Looking forward to this long journey and taking a break from regular life. 

I'm retired, traveling solo, and enjoy meeting other friendly travelers who are into the more relaxed aspects of long journey cruises. Looking forward to meeting new folks as this will be my first Australia embarkation.

Also, does anyone know of any special activities that I should pack for on this cruise? 

Edited by ATXChips
Extra thought 😉

On 1/29/2024 at 1:08 PM, sharonb511 said:

Two more from Colorado going to be on that ship from Brisbane to Seattle on April 1st.   Haven't been on a cruise this long, ever.   Should be interesting.   We don't have anything excursion wise booked but would be interested in knowing who's doing what and where.   🙂

I’m coming from Trinidad, CO

Hello, we are Keith & Barbara an older couple from Sydney Australia who have booked the Luminosa Brisbane to Seattle recently.

Just wondering if anyone has any tours organised for any of the ports of call and if any vacancies.

Not long to go now

Hi.   On this cruise can we rent a scooter?  is there a company we should contact in Australia?

My husband contracted Scoot Around which we use when cruising 

He was informed they do not scooters for one way cruises (Australia to United States).  
 Thank you in advance for your input  Almost time 😃🛳️😃

Forgive me up front, but I need to know if others on this trip have been faced with a "new" stockholder benefit credit request process?  

I sent in my Stockholder Benefits Discount request, prior to 3 weeks in advance, in the required format that is well documented.   I received an email saying that they were implementing a App by the name StockPerks (which is a cluster mess).  There is no means to block out/redact my personal financial account number from view from the app operators or Carnival Corp.  This is irresponsible in my opinion. 

I will be contacting Carnival Cruise Lines Investor Relations about this matter.  If anyone else has the same difficulty using the crappy new required app making it difficult or impossible to get the valid Shareholder Benefit Credit I have the contact info as follows:

Investor Contacts

Carnival Corporation

Beth Roberts
SVP Investor Relations
Carnival Place
MSEO1000
3655 N.W. 87 Avenue
Miami, Florida 33178-2428
Main Telephone: 305-599-2600
IR Department: 305-406-5539

56 minutes ago, TravelGal33 said:

I will be contacting Carnival Cruise Lines Investor Relations about this matter.  If anyone else has the same difficulty using the crappy new required app making it difficult or impossible to get the valid Shareholder Benefit Credit I have the contact info as follows:

Investor Contacts

Carnival Corporation

Beth Roberts
SVP Investor Relations
Carnival Place
MSEO1000
3655 N.W. 87 Avenue

I just faxed my request tonight. I don't expect to hear anything until early next week at the earliest. I'll let you know if I encounter the same thing. However, I submitted one for a different cruise last November and it went through normally.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ATXChips said:

I just faxed my request tonight. I don't expect to hear anything until early next week at the earliest. I'll let you know if I encounter the same thing. However, I submitted one for a different cruise last November and it went through normally.

Yes please keep me informed if they accept the fax/email submission.  Thank you

21 hours ago, TravelGal33 said:

Forgive me up front, but I need to know if others on this trip have been faced with a "new" stockholder benefit credit request process?  

I sent in my Stockholder Benefits Discount request, prior to 3 weeks in advance, in the required format that is well documented.   I received an email saying that they were implementing a App by the name StockPerks (which is a cluster mess).  There is no means to block out/redact my personal financial account number from view from the app operators or Carnival Corp.  This is irresponsible in my opinion. 

YES!! The exact situation . I was very upset and sent an email back refusing to use that app- they told me they would process it and within a day or two I received an email showing the credit. I also told them if this is the way they are going to be processing shareholders credit- I would no longer be a shareholder- I’m sure that didn’t scare anyone-but I meant it.  Make sure you let them know how you feel about it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RV Traveler 01 said:

YES!! The exact situation . I was very upset and sent an email back refusing to use that app- they told me they would process it and within a day or two I received an email showing the credit. I also told them if this is the way they are going to be processing shareholders credit- I would no longer be a shareholder- I’m sure that didn’t scare anyone-but I meant it.  Make sure you let them know how you feel about it.

Thank you for the feed back RV Traveler 01.  My second and 3rd request for options to process my request hit a brick wall "no other options available".  I attempted to send 2 emails to the VP of Investor Services (both emails rejected as invalid addresses).   I have had this conversation with about 7 hard core cruisers that I know hold CCL...we are all in the same situation of deciding to dump a stock that is not income producing, we are unwilling to use a 3rd party with our personal financial data.  

So...I have sent an email to the Carnival Board of Directors (Legal Company Secretary who will log the complaint and respond on the behalf of the company), if anyone else needs this contact info I will be happy to share it with other Shareholders who are unwilling to use a crappy 3rd party app (StockPerks) with their personal financial details.  My relationship is with Carnival, not StockPerks.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TravelGal33 said:

Thank you for the feed back RV Traveler 01.  My second and 3rd request for options to process my request hit a brick wall "no other options available".  I attempted to send 2 emails to the VP of Investor Services (both emails rejected as invalid addresses).   I have had this conversation with about 7 hard core cruisers that I know hold CCL...we are all in the same situation of deciding to dump a stock that is not income producing, we are unwilling to use a 3rd party with our personal financial data.  

So...I have sent an email to the Carnival Board of Directors (Legal Company Secretary who will log the complaint and respond on the behalf of the company), if anyone else needs this contact info I will be happy to share it with other Shareholders who are unwilling to use a crappy 3rd party app (StockPerks) with their personal financial details.  My relationship is with Carnival, not StockPerks.

Given that I submitted my request over a weekend and I'm getting close to the deadline for applying, I decided to read some other threads about the switch to StockPerks. Based on what I'd read in other Cruise Critic forums, it appeared there is a way to avoid the brokerage account link and manually uploaded docs similar to the old way. It seems that this manually uploaded file approach has been successful for others.

So, I decided to check out the app to assess my comfort level. I did not want to have my late booking and request prevent me from receiving the Shareholder benefit.

While I, too, do not appreciate the use of a third party app and would never agree to use the "connect your brokerage account via a third party" approach, I was able to submit my redacted brokerage account pages (same as I sent to Carnival) manually in lieu of using the additional third party connection service (it's called Plaid). My understanding is that once my Shareholder status is confirmed, the process for requesting the OBC for each cruise is just a few additional clicks. I'll post my results when I get them.

FWIW, allowing the manually uploaded file approach instead of the brokerage connection is likely a nod to those of us who don't trust this new electronic method. Also, I suspect it means on each subsequent cruise, it'll require that I go through the manual upload again since they can't re-verify my stock ownership electronically. But, I'd be fine with that.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ATXChips said:

Given that I submitted my request over a weekend and I'm getting close to the deadline for applying, I decided to read some other threads about the switch to StockPerks. Based on what I'd read in other Cruise Critic forums, it appeared there is a way to avoid the brokerage account link and manually uploaded docs similar to the old way. It seems that this manually uploaded file approach has been successful for others.

So, I decided to check out the app to assess my comfort level. I did not want to have my late booking and request prevent me from receiving the Shareholder benefit.

While I, too, do not appreciate the use of a third party app and would never agree to use the "connect your brokerage account via a third party" approach, I was able to submit my redacted brokerage account pages (same as I sent to Carnival) manually in lieu of using the additional third party connection service (it's called Plaid). My understanding is that once my Shareholder status is confirmed, the process for requesting the OBC for each cruise is just a few additional clicks. I'll post my results when I get them.

FWIW, allowing the manually uploaded file approach instead of the brokerage connection is likely a nod to those of us who don't trust this new electronic method. Also, I suspect it means on each subsequent cruise, it'll require that I go through the manual upload again since they can't re-verify my stock ownership electronically. But, I'd be fine with that.

That’s great to know- I would not be opposed to uploading my docs- I’ll just cool my heels til my next cruise- see how it goes- 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, ATXChips said:

Thank you ATXChips.  I too set up a StockPerks account, I tried to upload a redacted the (QR code, Margin bar code, and account number)image, the above areas blacked out.  The app would not accept the redacted image identical to the one sent to Carnival thru the old process most of us had used in the past  The app rejected the redacted image I tried to upload but would allow a "clear" unredacted image taken as an app capture....but there is no way to redact the image taken afterwards in the app snap shot.   Both attempts were clear easily read images.

Sure....it's easy...no hassle, no problem. (🙄they said).

Maybe they decided making shareholders jump through digital hoops would cut down the number of Shareholder Benefit Credit Requests.  If that is the case then there is no need to tie up the value of 100+ shares of CCL.   If customer satisfaction is no longer an interest for Carnival....then there are other cruise companies.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:23 PM, TravelGal33 said:

Investor Contacts

Carnival Corporation

Beth Roberts
SVP Investor Relations
Carnival Place
MSEO1000
3655 N.W. 87 Avenue

My husband and I have also had a hard time getting our stock credit. Was turned down for the credit the 1st time through the app. My husband called and was told that they did not see a reason that we would be denied and for us to reapply. We have just been denied a 2nd time. I think we will try to submit it without the app. We also have friends that have been going through the same frustrations! It's not like the stock is doing fabulous, but we did like the on-board credit. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, alchemy girl said:

My husband and I have also had a hard time getting our stock credit. Was turned down for the credit the 1st time through the app. My husband called and was told that they did not see a reason that we would be denied and for us to reapply. We have just been denied a 2nd time. I think we will try to submit it without the app. We also have friends that have been going through the same frustrations! It's not like the stock is doing fabulous, but we did like the on-board credit. 🙂 

Thank you alchemy girl.  I continue to check the Carnival Corp documents for requesting the Shareholder Benefit Credit, nowhere yet has the new StockPerks process been added to Corporate Documents.  The old request process is still "on the official books!"  Also there has been no changes made to the dollar amounts,  or mention "exceptions" or a limited number of times a year the Shareholder Benefit Credit can be requested.  

I did wonder if Luminosa is considered Carnival AU which has a different email address to submit the Shareholder Benefit Credit request (a possibility?).

This is just so confusing, time consuming, *frustrating, AND undocumented at a corporate level with no plan B available for stockholders.

1 minute ago, TravelGal33 said:

Thank you alchemy girl.  I continue to check the Carnival Corp documents for requesting the Shareholder Benefit Credit, nowhere yet has the new StockPerks process been added to Corporate Documents.  The old request process is still "on the official books!"  Also there has been no changes made to the dollar amounts,  or mention "exceptions" or a limited number of times a year the Shareholder Benefit Credit can be requested.  

I did wonder if Luminosa is considered Carnival AU which has a different email address to submit the Shareholder Benefit Credit request (a possibility?).

This is just so confusing, time consuming, *frustrating, AND undocumented at a corporate level with no plan B available for stockholders.

We did get our credit for the cruise departing on March 28th to Airlie Beach as we are on that one as well. We did not go through Carnival AU for that credit. My husband is on the phone as we speak, trying to get more information.  Seems funny that the 4 day went through but the 31 day was denied. Again, when we called the 1st time, we were told by the benefits desk that everything looked great and to re-submit. I will keep you posted. I agree it is very frustrating. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TravelGal33 said:

Finally received our stock option on board credit today on the 3rd attempt.  Had to call the investors help line. The Stockperks app kept kicking it out and denying due to a discounted price that we paid for the cruise. After review of our account, they could see that we did qualify for the benefit, and she fixed it manually for us. So, if any of you are having difficulty with the perk's app call the help desk and ask for them to manually give you the credit.  Hope this was helpful. Now on to packing! 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, alchemy girl said:

Finally received our stock option on board credit today on the 3rd attempt.  Had to call the investors help line. The Stockperks app kept kicking it out and denying due to a discounted price that we paid for the cruise. After review of our account, they could see that we did qualify for the benefit, and she fixed it manually for us. So, if any of you are having difficulty with the perk's app call the help desk and ask for them to manually give you the credit.  Hope this was helpful. Now on to packing! 

Thank you for sharing your successful 3rd request for your SBC, I'd like to think that the request for the manual credit would not take so many tries.  Kudos to you and your persistence, sending a cyber high five your way!!!!

3 hours ago, kangforpres said:

Just got my Austalian E-Visa, it's $20 AUS. Don't for get to do this before you head down under.

Good for you 👍trying  to do my ESTA for USA,  it seems that total price has a different meaning in Australia ? Us $21 + $4 + $17 and then currency conversion fee . This was been directed  to third party  web sites. Screenshot_20240303-113915_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2062955dfee1d3d1faedcd543b44b0f4.jpg

When is the best time to call about an Upsell Offer. This is only my 2nd cruise on Carnival. On Hal they start sending upsell emails about 10-14 days before sailing when they start assigning GTY cabins.

I'm perfectly happy with my Premium Balcony but it does look like there are Suites available in every suite catagory.

Thanks, 

Paul

I'll also be sailing on this trip as a solo traveler. 

Are there any tips to getting the Stockperks benefit added to a reduced rate fare? I was denied before since I booked a casino rate. I suppose I should try again. I've never been successful with getting this to work through Carnival for any previous sailings using a casino rate, but I'm always able to get it to apply with Princess cruises. 

I planned on flying to Sydney on 3/28 and then Brisbane on 3/30. I had previously sailed solo on the Luminosa in November for a quick 7-day cruise before a longer 13-day NZ cruise on Princess with a few friends. If there are any sights I should see, please let me know so I can start planning.