Carnival Luminosa April 1 2024 Transpacific, Brisbane to Seattle

On 9/3/2023 at 9:02 AM, Hogbay said:

Any one want to share inter net package ? There is a lot of sea days .

Hogbay,

You are welcome to use my internet whenever you want to. 

I'm currently on the Luminosa in Japan and have let two others use it. 

We left Seattle on the 14th and had to bypass the Alaska part due to hurricane Lee, so we had 12 straight sea days. I just met them in the morning at the Java spot and evenings at the piano bar. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tony_l said:

Hogbay,

You are welcome to use my internet whenever you want to. 

I'm currently on the Luminosa in Japan and have let two others use it. 

We left Seattle on the 14th and had to bypass the Alaska part due to hurricane Lee, so we had 12 straight sea days. I just met them in the morning at the Java spot and evenings at the piano bar. 

That's so kind of you , just have to work out logistics currently on Splendor just leaving Vila Vanuatu 🇻🇺 .

You can still book an Alaskan cruise on Luminosa leaving Seattle on the 1st of May so I reckon Carnival have just not fixed the transpacific dates glitch yet. Likewise can no longer see any shore excursions for this cruise. The web information for the transpacific is severely messed up.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 10:29 AM, LAAB said:

Hi Guys,

Booked this Cruise back in July but am now worried about the date change.

Does anyone know what's going on?

image.png.99edfeb1ee5096ec865cbd4f6ae9531d.png

Regards, Leigh

Do not see that on my booking , had carnival send a invoice today after speaking to rep .Screenshot_20231005-202621_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9579436e9ff73cef3d689e156e6ad171.jpg

On 9/30/2023 at 7:29 PM, LAAB said:

Hi Guys,

Booked this Cruise back in July but am now worried about the date change.

Does anyone know what's going on?

image.png.99edfeb1ee5096ec865cbd4f6ae9531d.png

Regards, Leigh

Ours is still showing Carnival Luminosa -01-APRIL, 2024-01 May, 2024

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 5:33 AM, Hogbay said:

Do not see that on my booking , had carnival send a invoice today after speaking to rep .Screenshot_20231005-202621_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9579436e9ff73cef3d689e156e6ad171.jpg

Ours is still showing April 1st to May 1st.      Did you book your flights to Australia on Fly2Fun on Carnival website?

On 4/1/2023 at 12:00 PM, callydanny said:

Anyone else booked for this amazing itinerary?

We booked for Luminosa April 1st to May 1st 2024.    Did you book your flights on Carnival website Fly2Fun?    We are coming out of Orlando to Australia 

38 minutes ago, NoyM said:

Ours is still showing April 1st to May 1st.      Did you book your flights to Australia on Fly2Fun on Carnival website?

Don't know what fly2fun is ? ,  will be fly2Oz from Seattle in May .

On 10/15/2023 at 7:46 PM, arcone said:

My Husband and I are on this journey cruise.   We are looking into flights now 

Congratulations!

I just hot off the Luminosa on the Seattle to Brisbane cruise. We missed the entire Alaska trip part and Phillipines because of bad weather. I'm hoping this one is better. 

• 2 weeks later...

The wife and I just booked this cruise.  We just got back from the Seattle to Brisbane crossing, but weather forced us to skip Alaska and the Philippines, but Japan is incredible, we loved it and look forward to returning.  Aomori should be absolutely beautiful in the spring.  We were also on the Luminosa last April from Brisbane to Seattle for 22 days via Fiji, Tahiti, and Honolulu so we like the Luminosa.  It's basically a Spirit class ship.

• Thanks 1

Just booked,  Japan was the hook. I was on the Luminosa last April for a 22 transpac that took the southern route via Tahiti and Hawaii. I'm hoping the dinning room has gotten better since the ship has been in the Carnival fleet longer. It felt like crew was just still learning the ship since it was a hand over from Costa

There is a nonstop to BNE on united from SFO, also one from YVR on Air Canada and I think Quantas has one from LAX

-Paul

On 9/4/2023 at 12:34 PM, Tony_l said:

Hello everyone,

Anthony here from Florida.

I booked this cruise and am traveling solo. If anyone is interested in getting a large table for dinner, please let me know.

I'm leaving on the Luminosa in ten days to Australia, so I'll let you know how it went.

Let me know how the ship is.  I will be on it Dec 17 from Brisbane as well and am traveling solo.

Hi everyone what's the clothing requirement ? Will jeans do , Japan will be in spring and was looking at doing dog sleding in Alaska. Do i need ski clothing and snow boots for one tour .i will be flying back from Seattle to Australia.  Thanks 

On 11/4/2023 at 3:34 PM, Hogbay said:

Hi everyone what's the clothing requirement ? Will jeans do , Japan will be in spring and was looking at doing dog sleding in Alaska. Do i need ski clothing and snow boots for one tour .i will be flying back from Seattle to Australia.  Thanks 

Yes, jeans will be just fine on the ship, although you might want to wear something a bit less casual for elegant night in the dining room.  Our Alaska ports were cancelled due to weather, but we were prepared to wear layers if needed.  We both brought lightweight down jackets, sweatshirts, rain-gear, etc.

On 10/30/2023 at 9:57 PM, kangforpres said:

..........I'm hoping the dinning room has gotten better since the ship has been in the Carnival fleet longer. It felt like crew was just still learning the ship since it was a hand over from Costa.....

-Paul

Paul, we also did the 22 day and I'm happy to say the food was a lot better on the 31 day going from Seattle to Brisbane.  Both the Lido and MDR food was vastly improved, although we thought the pizza and deli were pretty good on both cruises.  Although we had to miss Alaska and the Philippines Japan more than made up for it, it is a beautiful country with gracious and polite residents.

Edited by Eliot Ness
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Eliot Ness said:

Yes, jeans will be just fine on the ship, although you might want to wear something a bit less casual for elegant night in the dining room.  Our Alaska ports were cancelled due to weather, but we were prepared to wear layers if needed.  We both brought lightweight down jackets, sweatshirts, rain-gear, etc.

Paul, we also did the 22 day and I'm happy to say the food was a lot better on the 31 day going from Seattle to Brisbane.  Both the Lido and MDR food was vastly improved, although we thought the pizza and deli were pretty good on both cruises.  Although we had to miss Alaska and the Philippines Japan more than made up for it, it is a beautiful country with gracious and polite residents.

Thanks I was asking about off ship ie Alaska dog sledding . Will dress like 007 on ship 🙂 

Do I need snow boots or runners ok . Do I need bib an brace 🤔snow gear for one 5 hr tour ?