Queen Elizabeth Live TV

MomentsNotice

On 4/3/2023 at 2:40 AM, MomentsNotice said:

Can anyone who has recently been on QE tell me which are the current Live TV stations? I am particularly looking for CNBC, Bloomberg or a financial network. And news? 

When you board there'll be a list in your cabin of the channels and the relevant details.

2 minutes ago, MomentsNotice said:

Yes of course but I’m trying to be proactive if anyone knows the answer. 

You're looking for the channels numbers now?

You'll need someone who's currently on board to photograph the list for you. Doubt anyone's going to remember. BTW the news/finance channels are not very numerous.

Edited by LittleFish1976

6 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

You're looking for the channels numbers now?

You'll need someone who's currently on board to photograph the list for you. Doubt anyone's going to remember. BTW the news/finance channels are not very numerous.

don’t need actual station numbers.  just would like to know if there is a live financial station like CNBC or Bloomberg and which live news stations like cnn or bbc. I’ll be on QE later this month in Japan. Thanks in advance. 

13 hours ago, sfred said:

6 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Queen Elizabeth hasn't sailed to Japan recently so nobody will be able to answer your question yet.

QE left Singapore yesterday April 3 and will hit Japanese waters mid April (before my cruise). I would imagine that they have programmed the satellite TV already and will not bother to modify programming  when it actually hits Japanese waters. I'll take any data points I can obtain. 

7 hours ago, MomentsNotice said:

QE left Singapore yesterday April 3 and will hit Japanese waters mid April (before my cruise). I would imagine that they have programmed the satellite TV already and will not bother to modify programming  when it actually hits Japanese waters. I'll take any data points I can obtain. 

From memory, and from February this year, there was a Sky 'news' channel from the UK; one of the US news channels (CNN?); and possibly one of the BBC news channels (UK). This was in Australian waters - I think they just subscribe to specific channels and it probably doesn't matter much which part of the world you're in as to which basic channels they broadcast on board.

I don't think I can recall a dedicated business news channel.

I'll keep thinking about this and see if I can recall anything in more detail for you.

4 hours ago, Dr.Dobro said:

16 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

From memory, and from February this year, there was a Sky 'news' channel from the UK; one of the US news channels (CNN?); and possibly one of the BBC news channels (UK). This was in Australian waters - I think they just subscribe to specific channels and it probably doesn't matter much which part of the world you're in as to which basic channels they broadcast on board.

I don't think I can recall a dedicated business news channel.

I'll keep thinking about this and see if I can recall anything in more detail for you.

Thanks very much!

7 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

This was the last TV listing I took a picture of but it's from Queen Victoria in 2018 so I'm not sure how helpful it is !

IMG_20180906_142649.jpg

Thanks but I'm sure there will be many changes since 2018. 

Cruising is a whole different experience now. 

20 minutes ago, MomentsNotice said:

Thanks but I'm sure there will be many changes since 2018. 

Cruising is a whole different experience now. 

Is it? Seems pretty similar to me. And even if it weren’t, I’m not sure why wearing masks in the lifts, for instance, should alter the TV. Anyway, the list on QM2 last summer was pretty much the same.

• Like 2

I've been on 2 long (14+ days) non-USA cruises on HAL and one on Princess this past year. When I say it's a different experience, I'm not addressing masks. I'm fine wearing a mask onboard--often I'm one of the few doing so. I'm speaking about the cuts cuts cuts ships have done to save money. Cutting EVERYWHERE: food quality, lack of availability of certain high end foods, charging for some foods which had previously been complementary (lobster on gala night anyone??), entertainment onboard, less housekeeping, choice of wines... no need for me to elaborate here. Just read any boards. 

This will be my first cruise on Cunard since before covid so I am hoping that the differences will not be as severe as I have personally experienced and read online in cruise critic and other boards. But given that Cunard is  under the same Carnival umbrella as Princess and HAL I have my doubts. I'll see in a few weeks. 

11 minutes ago, MomentsNotice said:

I've been on 2 long (14+ days) non-USA cruises on HAL and one on Princess this past year. When I say it's a different experience, I'm not addressing masks. I'm fine wearing a mask onboard--often I'm one of the few doing so. I'm speaking about the cuts cuts cuts ships have done to save money. Cutting EVERYWHERE: food quality, lack of availability of certain high end foods, charging for some foods which had previously been complementary (lobster on gala night anyone??), entertainment onboard, less housekeeping, choice of wines... no need for me to elaborate here. Just read any boards. 

This will be my first cruise on Cunard since before covid so I am hoping that the differences will not be as severe as I have personally experienced and read online in cruise critic and other boards. But given that Cunard is  under the same Carnival umbrella as Princess and HAL I have my doubts. I'll see in a few weeks. 

Other than the lack of parties, and the fact they no longer give one foot files, I haven’t really noticed much in the way of differences. In any case I don’t see why it should affect the TV. I think in fact the parties may be starting again.

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

Other than the lack of parties, and the fact they no longer give one foot files, I haven’t really noticed much in the way of differences. In any case I don’t see why it should affect the TV. I think in fact the parties may be starting again.

My point was that cruise lines pay for each TV station and different stations are different prices. If they are cutting everywhere to reduce their costs it makes sense that they may reduce the number of stations offered or reduce the more expensive ones. 

I hope you are correct regarding Queen Elizabeth. If so and the classical entertainment is good, I may have found a new home. 

8 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

This was the last TV listing I took a picture of but it's from Queen Victoria in 2018 so I'm not sure how helpful it is !

IMG_20180906_142649.jpg

I was on QM2 as 2021 and 2022 and Queen Elizabeth in 2022. These channels are spot on what was available on both ships at various times of the year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MomentsNotice said:

My point was that cruise lines pay for each TV station and different stations are different prices.

Very unlikely Cunard is subscribing to channels independently. It is far more common and cost effective to subscribe to a package of channels - why I imagine CNN is not offered. While packaged channels can and do change it isn't often and only when the carrier and network can't agree on a price structure. Those disagreements are usually known and beside, someone onboard would have enjoyed being the first to point out the change. No, just me?  

Edited by fourmile.ranch
Spelling
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fourmile.ranch said:

Very unlikely Cunard is subscribing to channels independently. It is far more common and cost effective to subscribe to a package of channels - why I imagine CNN is not offered. While packages channels can and do change it isn't often and only when the carrier and network can't agree on a price structure. Those disagreements are usually known and beside, someone onboard would have enjoyed being the first to point out the change. No, just me?  

Agree that there are packages but cruise line has a choice of different packages which are priced differently. At least on HAL   that is the case as I have spoken to the Hotel Manager on Oosterdam about this issue. 

I think enough has been said about this issue. I shall find out in a few weeks and will report back. If I forget, anyone is free to DM me.

Thank you all for your feedback. 

• 2 weeks later...