Why NO WAXING services at the spa?

Circlt

Correct me if I’m wrong but do they not offer waxing and if so, why not!??  Makes it hard to deal with longer cruises especially when they don’t allow us to bring certain types of grooming tools.  Might be a question for John. 😡

2 hours ago, Circlt said:

Makes it hard to deal with longer cruises

When I’m on cruises more than 2 weeks, I always try to find a nail salon at one of the ports to get my acrylic fill done because the salon onboard is way too expensive.  Yes it’s not my usual guy, but it’s fine for the one time, and it’s fun just for the experience.  An upcoming cruise is 30 days so looks like it will be the Philippines; already checked and there are some nail shops near our port.👍🏻💅🏻

So just a suggestion, maybe you could find some waxing services ashore.

Edited by cruisin*tigger
  • Like 1

OP here and YES I was seriously asking WHY NOT.  Yes, all their spa services are over priced yada yada yada but that is not what I was asking. I just wanna understand why they don’t offer it because they offer everything else! I’m doing a trans Pacific that is 30 days and it occurs to me I’m gonna need some Sasquatch grooming just wanted to figure out the easiest way to get it done without having to venture off into some foreign country and speak a language I know nothing about and try to explain what I want!  Can you not understand the sincerity of my question? We are women and some of us do a lot more than seven day cruises. We have grooming needs.  I thought this was a forum of adults.  Including modern women.  Yeah I can go before I board but on a transpacific it’s a Legitimate concern! And thanks to those posters that get it. Men included. Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Circlt said:

OP here and YES I was seriously asking WHY NOT.  Yes, all their spa services are over priced yada yada yada but that is not what I was asking. I just wanna understand why they don’t offer it because they offer everything else! I’m doing a trans Pacific that is 30 days and it occurs to me I’m gonna need some Sasquatch grooming just wanted to figure out the easiest way to get it done without having to venture off into some foreign country and speak a language I know nothing about and try to explain what I want!  Can you not understand the sincerity of my question? We are women and some of us do a lot more than seven day cruises. We have grooming needs.  I thought this was a forum of adults.  Including modern women.  Yeah I can go before I board but on a transpacific it’s a Legitimate concern! And thanks to those posters that get it. Men included. Sigh.

I apologize for being insensitive.  But the truth is, over 98% of Carnival's cruises are for 2 weeks or less (I did the math), so perhaps there isn't the demand for waxing that is necessary to make it worthwhile to add to the menu of services.

My dd unfortunately takes after my dh - very hairy.  We bring the Nad's body wax strips just in case she needs a bit more grooming by the end of the cruise.

https://www.amazon.com/Nads-Body-Wax-Strips-24/dp/B000NQ4JGM/ref=sr_1_15?crid=9RCZD3D8UV0Q&keywords=wax+strips+for+hair+removal&qid=1680519394&rdc=1&sprefix=wax+str%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-15

As a male, I don't have the answer. However I do follow a crew member on YouTube who may be able to answer your question. I'm sure the crew members have the same situation you find yourself in. I am providing a link to her latest video. If you open up the "description", she provides links to her other various social media accounts. Maybe you could ask her directly, or get a suggestion of where crew members go for certain beauty applications.

• Like 1