Typical embarkation in Ft L

Gunther1

2 hours ago, Gunther1 said:

I know it varies on many things, some out of control of HAL, but typically, what time does embarkation usually start in Ft Lauderdale ?

Up until last year, Port Everglades boarding always began at exactly 11:30 AM.  Since departures now have been moved up from 4:00 PM to 3:00 PM, boarding is now reportedly starting around 11:00 AM

In March I sailed the Rotterdam and I will say I had the smoothest, easiest embarkation and disembarkation in Port  Everglades I have ever experienced...............it was so easy I kept thinking I was missing something......

Edited by doone

2 hours ago, CruisinNana said:

Are cabins ready immediately upon embarkation?

They're supposed to be ready, but this January on Eurodam, the first people to board (priority at 11:15) were told that cabins weren't ready. So I had a drink at the aft pool, and waited for an announcement. No announcement came by noon, so I just went to my cabin and it was ready. I should know not to listen to the "herders" who just send everyone to the Lido. 

Other than that, embarkation was fast. I got to the terminal a little after 11:00, no line at security and not many people waiting to check in (those who were not able to check in at the kiosk). because I'm 4-star, I was able to go upstairs to the priority lounge, where people were just starting to board. The last time to check in (according to boarding passes) was 1:30 or 2:00, but it was clear that a lot of people had arrived before their assigned time. The downstairs seating area was full. AT 11:15, the woman at the waiting area was giving out boarding number 19 for downstairs and Priority 2 for upstairs. I don't know how long people had to sit before 19 was called.

• Like 1

Last December, my Rotterdam boarding time was 11:20 AM and I arrived at 11:05 AM.  Only a few people were in front of me when I processed through the Security baggage check but the seating inside the terminal seemed full. 

My bags were left in my room and i was eating lunch in the Lido Market 20 minutes later.  The Rotterdam had 110% capacity and everyone was onboard by 2:30 PM.

With the terminal seating filled so early, it was obvious that I was not the only one arriving early.

• Like 1

In mid-December we arrived around 9:45. We were among the first through the lines and everything was very fast. We spent more time walking for place to place than we did waiting in any line. We boarded right at 11:00 and I think our rooms were ready by 11:30. Incredibly fast and efficient but our cruise was only about 70% full.