Picture-A-Week 2023 - Week 14

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, April 3 and Sunday, April 9.

Easter week. That's a hint. Two weeks into a new season. Another hint. You probably have a camera and can take a hint...and a photo.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

For our service to Celebrate Easter, below are two pictures from this morning featuring a cross with daffodils placed individually by congregation members on the wooden structure at the front of the sanctuary.  The daffodils came from our yard areas.  In the Spring, we have about 10K+ dafs, etc., that come up.  Beautiful, perfect sunny Spring day here in Columbus. Like??

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.73048bd9f63b5d6a13c068fd350157b5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5d85b482759d5754e24c17880700a2ae.jpeg

• Like 6

Well no real big easter connection for my shots - managed to get out on Friday and Saturday for some shooting, and here's what I got:

A female painted bunting...think of it as a substitute for a painted easter egg:

original.jpg

The largest woodpecker in N. America - a male pileated woodpecker.  It lays eggs?:

original.jpg

Closeup of a native Floridian - the green anole lizard.  He's kind of candy-colored:

original.jpg

A banded water snake, deciding which way to go.  Well, there was a snake in the Bible, going back to the garden of Eden...not quite Easter-related:

original.jpg

Eastern screech owl female, trying to nap.  Don't ask me why, but "Easter owls" are actually a thing!:
original.jpg

Chicks are always part of Easter - eggs hatch and fluffy bird chicks come out.  Here are some freshly hatched green herons, just a few days old:

original.jpg

• Like 6

Easter weekend didn't go quite as expected. We had Easter on Saturday since Pastor Dan had a busy Sunday planned. Our plans were changed when Kim and I ended up not attending. The upper right image in this week's collage describes my non-attendance. The whole family rallied and pulled off Easter as planned. They showed up at the hospital, confirmed my survival potential, and went to the house to rescue the meats from the smoker, cook the side dishes and finish the prep for the festivities. The clue-guided basket quest was a success as was the hunt for the Easter Bunny’s eggs “hidden” just about everywhere. The photos are from Granddaughter Hailee who did herself proud recording everything. I’m ok, medicated, and I think, deeply in debt to Pastor Dan’s boss.

Life Goes On

2023-14LifeGoesOn.thumb.jpg.d9d26c20720add5e20d62d452fd2e30d.jpg

Dave

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zackiedawg said:

Woah!  What happened?  Hope all is OK with you.  Glad to hear the sentiment 'life goes on'.

All the best wishes sent your way.

Thanks, Justin.

"Hypertensive Incident". Had no idea there was a problem. Completely asymptomatic.

Apparently, a systolic reading over 200 is bad.

Get checked!

Dave

Edited by pierces
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy! That must have been quite a scare. Why do things like that pick long weekends to manifest themselves when medical attention is often limited  ...

Good to hear you're OK - just take it easy and look after yourself.  Sending lots of positive vibes your way.

• Thanks 1