New XL class - no table cloths in the main dining?

BrotherCraig

12 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

My understanding is its the difference in the table top.  The Spirit does not have the glossy tops.  

I understand that but why have they not installed the new table tops yet. They put them in Ecstasy something like 8 years ago.

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

I understand that but why have they not installed the new table tops yet. They put them in Ecstasy something like 8 years ago.

I think the Spirit was down in Australia at the time of the conversions so they left it alone for the time being. For now I guess it has slipped through the cracks but will surely addressed at the next dry dock. This even made it to Heald's facebook page where he said they will be changed. 

Just now, n6uqqq said:

I think the Spirit was down in Australia at the time of the conversions so they left it alone for the time being. For now I guess it has slipped through the cracks but will surely addressed at the next dry dock. This even made it to Heald's facebook page where he said they will be changed. 

Right, due to differences in the Australian product.

They don't need a drydock to put in glossy tables. They put them in Ecstasy on a turnaround day while she was in Charleston (I was on the cruise that day). And Spirit was just drydocked last year so they could have done it then. I just think they either don't care much, or expect to put her back in Australia eventually and it's not worth the hassle to change out table tops.

It's not a huge deal obviously. Just something interesting to note.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Right, due to differences in the Australian product.

They don't need a drydock to put in glossy tables. They put them in Ecstasy on a turnaround day while she was in Charleston (I was on the cruise that day). And Spirit was just drydocked last year so they could have done it then. I just think they either don't care much, or expect to put her back in Australia eventually and it's not worth the hassle to change out table tops.

It's not a huge deal obviously. Just something interesting to note.

I haven't sailed from the land down under. Anyone out here know if the Australia ships have table cloth or not? The Splendor is down under with the glossy tables and I would think they are not using table cloth. The Spirit has no dates listed after Sept 2024 so its is possible it could be moved again. I am fine with or without cloth, just a curiosity at this point. 

Edited by n6uqqq