Celebration Inside Cabin suggestions

I am looking at cruises for next February on the Celebration and may go with an inside cabin for hubby and me. But I'm trying to figure out the best location where things have been spread out so much on the ship. There are no premium interior left, but there are regular, spa and Havana. I'm not sure if spa or havana are worth the additional cost.  We've also considered other cabin types - ocean view, balcony options etc., Im just not sure we will spend a lot of time in our cabin. We've never cruised on Celebration or Mardi Gras before. We tend to go to serenity deck on sea days, though many other options on Celebration, I check out the gym a few times, will take advantage of the eating options, go to comedy club and other entertainment in the evening etc. I'm looking for suggestions for cabins or cabin locations. Thanks

30 minutes ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

I am looking at cruises for next February on the Celebration and may go with an inside cabin for hubby and me. But I'm trying to figure out the best location where things have been spread out so much on the ship. There are no premium interior left, but there are regular, spa and Havana. I'm not sure if spa or havana are worth the additional cost.  We've also considered other cabin types - ocean view, balcony options etc., Im just not sure we will spend a lot of time in our cabin. We've never cruised on Celebration or Mardi Gras before. We tend to go to serenity deck on sea days, though many other options on Celebration, I check out the gym a few times, will take advantage of the eating options, go to comedy club and other entertainment in the evening etc. I'm looking for suggestions for cabins or cabin locations. Thanks

I'm a big fan of the Havana area. We used it on the Horizon but not the Celebration yet but hope to be on her on April 30th. Havana is way better than the Serenity area, at least on the Vista class ships.

Have a great cruise whatever cabin you book.🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are recently off the Celebration and had a Cabin on Deck 5. For us it was perfect location, very easy to orientate ourselves to Decks 6, 7, 8, so seldom had to use elevators for those decks. Same Deck in January for us. Check out any Interiors on Deck 5. 

10 hours ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

I was on the Celebration on the Ta in November.  I had an inside and was on deck 5, which was originally a semi handicapped cabin.  I did not request nor want such a cabin, the bathroom had accommodations but the cabin was no bigger than any other normal/small inside.  I was able to move to a cabin a few doors down to a standard cabin which was the same size.  I must admit I had to get into the bed which was 2 beds put together from the front, since thee was not enough space to walk along the side of the bed.   In getting to know others I saw some other cabins.  I saw one that was 50 -100% larger than mine with a couch that was also an inside.  I saw another inside cabin that was more square than rectangle and that also seemed more spacious. Just wanted to give a heads up that there are a few different types of inside cabins, as well as location being  a consideration. I was very happy on deck 5, and a very short walk from the elevator.

I loved the Celebration, enjoy your cruise.

I'm in an Interior in 2 months. Since I don't vacation to stay in a cell, it was fine with me. We had 2 years of that already. We chose Deck 9 because it was close to everything. Probably the same thinking as Deck 5, but just go down to 6,7,8.

I have not sailed on an Excel class ship yet. But generally, my preference midship on a mid deck. I love Deck 7 rooms on Sunshine, for example. Staterooms all around (no galley/night club/etc noise). Two decks up to Lido, two decks down to Promenade. Rarely need an elevator. I'm sure there's a similar deck for Excel class.

You're going to need elevators on Excel class, too many decks to climb them all day I'd say. But I'd probably shoot for Decks 10-12, midship.

Edited by mz-s

On the Excel class ships, I think Havana interior rooms are the best value.  We have done an extended balcony, a Havana cabana, and a regular balcony.  On these ships we just don't get much use out of balcony (we are always busy around the ship).  

Many people here don't care for the Havana area on Mardi Gras/Celebration because the pool is small and there is no hot tub.  I don't use the pools/hot tubs on the ships anyway, so it's perfect for me (very quiet and not crowded at all).  Even the bar rarely gets even 2 or 3 people at a time.

We absolutely loved the Havana Cabana, but I can't justify the huge price difference again, next time I'll do a Havana interior.  In my opinion it's the best of both worlds - we spend very little time in our room on the Excel class ships (there is just so much to do all the time) but I do love having access to the Havana deck during crowded sea days.

• Like 1

Thanks. I keep changing my mind on what I want. I wouldn't do a spa or Havana balcony, but I might try a Cove balcony. If we did a spa or havana interior, I'd need to make sure I would use the Havana or spa area enough. We were in an interior on deck 7 of Horizon, but I felt like we were always having to go up or down. And I felt like we didn't really check out much on deck 5.

Can you get free coffee on the lower levels of the Celebration, I know they try to spread out the eating options? 

1 hour ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

Thanks. I keep changing my mind on what I want. I wouldn't do a spa or Havana balcony, but I might try a Cove balcony. If we did a spa or havana interior, I'd need to make sure I would use the Havana or spa area enough. We were in an interior on deck 7 of Horizon, but I felt like we were always having to go up or down. And I felt like we didn't really check out much on deck 5.

Can you get free coffee on the lower levels of the Celebration, I know they try to spread out the eating options? 

Free Coffee - to right of JavaBlue, deck 6.

We had a Cove Balcony on Deck 5 and for us was perfect location, very easy to “get to know” decks 6,7,8, easy access to so many venues. 

7 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Did you mean havana balcony on deck 5?

Not Havana, Cove Balcony 5234, a favorite location. On Celebration again in January and Cove Balcony not available so doing OV on Deck 5 just in front of 5234. 

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Not Havana, Cove Balcony 5234, a favorite location. On Celebration again in January and Cove Balcony not available so doing OV on Deck 5 just in front of 5234. 

5234-5248 are available but they are under gym. And 5440-5458 are available but I think they are under Carnivale Restaurant. Not sure what is quieter. I also thought it was suggested being in the front because you get more spray on your balcony

6 hours ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

5234-5248 are available but they are under gym. And 5440-5458 are available but I think they are under Carnivale Restaurant. Not sure what is quieter. I also thought it was suggested being in the front because you get more spray on your balcony

We were in 5234 on Celebration and heard nothing. 

Edited by cellfree