Boarding pass

doones2

On MSC your actual ‘boarding pass’ is your cruise card (room key) which you receive at checkin. This will be scanned at the gangway to go aboard. This is different from some cruise lines where you cruise cards are in your stateroom. Depending on when you checkin you will be given a boarding card number for sequential boarding. Once open boarding is called you may board the ship immediately.

I had the same question and called MSC. The website is very clumsy. There was a button to email e-ticket or download boarding pass. I clicked on the download boarding pass button and it did not work. I was confused if the e-ticket was the same as the boarding pass, and they said, “yes, same thing”. Not sure why they even show a button to download boarding pass!  

How do I get my e-Ticket?

ok.pngYour booking is confirmed
ok.pngStateroom has been assigned
warning.pngYour cruise does not depart within 20 days
E-Tickets are only available within 20 days of your cruise departure. Please check back once your cruise is 20 days away
ok.pngThank you! All guest information has been provided
Go to Web Check-in

Send to your e-mail

This is how we got our eTicket before 20 days.

Login your account.  You will see the above info and also there is a space that already filled with your email address then hit send to your email.  You will get the ticket before 20 days.  Ours is actually 30 days out and got it today  We have tried the other ways (download) but did not work.

Edited by ChattTenn

eTicket is not a boarding pass per se, like other cruise lines, notably Disney. Yes, it has a barcode that helps at checkin, but it’s not essential. You will board the ship with your cruise card. What it does have that’s important are your luggage tags and your complete booking details. Always take a copy of your complete booking details to document your onboard credit and any pre-purchased excursions and special requests. So, yes try to download and print your eTicket.

Edited by kelleherdl

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Robinnnnn said:

Health questionnaire which side is yes and which is no

I believe left side is “yes”, right side is “no”. To be safe, I wrote “Yes” and “No” at the top of the columns (where it should have been printed).

• 4 months later...
On 4/6/2023 at 3:57 PM, doones2 said:

Is my embarkation form the same as my boarding pass?  My e tickets arrived with health questionnaire, embarkation form and luggage tags.  No boarding pass

Omg I had the same question.been on 50 cruises and I still wasn't sure if health questions needed to be filled out b 4 I went to terminal and also if this embarkation page is my set sail boarding pass.

On 4/14/2023 at 6:30 PM, kelleherdl said:

eTicket is not a boarding pass per se, like other cruise lines, notably Disney. Yes, it has a barcode that helps at checkin, but it’s not essential. You will board the ship with your cruise card. What it does have that’s important are your luggage tags and your complete booking details. Always take a copy of your complete booking details to document your onboard credit and any pre-purchased excursions and special requests. So, yes try to download and print your eTicket.

Thank you that is so helpful. We had fraudulent activity on our credit card they changed security code and I used this card to register. Will I be able to correct details at embarkation or on ship? I hate to hold on phone .and they say you will need to confirm credit card on ship. What do u think?

12 minutes ago, the mistral wind said:

Thank you that is so helpful. We had fraudulent activity on our credit card they changed security code and I used this card to register. Will I be able to correct details at embarkation or on ship? I hate to hold on phone .and they say you will need to confirm credit card on ship. What do u think?

You will have no trouble registering your new credit card once on the ship.