Kitchen Table

wp bob

Has anyone been on a cruise where the Kitchen Table was offered? On 2 separate cruises it was not offered - No staff was one excuse. It should be advertised with an asterix as rarely offered instead of as a featured amenity location. No advance notice given that it would not be available.

2 hours ago, wp bob said:

Has anyone been on a cruise where the Kitchen Table was offered? On 2 separate cruises it was not offered - No staff was one excuse. It should be advertised with an asterix as rarely offered instead of as a featured amenity location. No advance notice given that it would not be available.

We have been on many Viking cruises since COVID.  The original Kitchen Table has not been offered back again - yet.  Have heard rumors of it.

In its place Viking has done small 12 student cooking classes, I think around $69, held in the demonstration kitchen between Manfredi's and Chef's Table.  Open for on-board signup only.  Many itineraries, such as our Panama Canal one, had as many as 3 different classes on different sea days.  We'd sit down afterwards and eat the creations!

The original Kitchen Table was more like in the $200's and had to be booked like an excursion.  It involved going into town with the group, doing the shopping in the markets, then coming back and cooking.  (and of course eating).

• Like 2

Haha, let me make you gag.  On the Inaugurall WC Kitchen Table was $99 p/.p.  Included a tour, a morning coffee stop, shopping, wine and a tour back.  In Singapore we had appetizers and drinks on the top of the iconic triple building than the evening extravaganza for the private dinner.  All for $99 p/p.  Ok that's a deal.  $500 per couple not so much.  You would think Viking would find a happy medium.  Maybe $149 p/p 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

In its place Viking has done small 12 student cooking classes, I think around $69, held in the demonstration kitchen between Manfredi's and Chef's Table.  Open for on-board signup only.  Many itineraries, such as our Panama Canal one, had as many as 3 different classes on different sea days.  We'd sit down afterwards and eat the creations!

The 'at-sea' day version of the shore excursion is not new and has been around since well before the pandemic hiatus as an additional cooking-based activity for guests. Sometimes it is a substitute for the shorex and sometimes it is in addition to the shorex (on itineraries that actually have "at-sea" days). It is a very popular activity when it can be offered.

The shore excursion version  has always depended on having the right market for shopping and the right personnel to present the class and it has never been available on every itinerary. 

4 hours ago, wp bob said:

It should be advertised with an asterix as rarely offered instead of as a featured amenity location. No advance notice given that it would not be available.

Viking does have an asterisk on all of its shorex and makes it clear that the shorex listed are possibilities, not promises (including Kitchen Table and other Privileged Access tours).

image.png.298f3b80e8f150d7cce875f54a6f7592.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Haha, let me make you gag.  On the Inaugurall WC Kitchen Table was $99 p/.p.  Included a tour, a morning coffee stop, shopping, wine and a tour back.  In Singapore we had appetizers and drinks on the top of the iconic triple building than the evening extravaganza for the private dinner.  All for $99 p/p.  Ok that's a deal.  $500 per couple not so much.  You would think Viking would find a happy medium.  Maybe $149 p/p 

Yeah, I am so mad at myself for not doing TKT on our first Viking cruise in 2018 when it was only $99pp but we didn’t think we wanted to spend our last dinner aboard that way.  So foolish of us!  

• Like 1

Yes, I just went yesterday.  This is the third class I attended on the WC.

They only happen on sea days, and if your cruise does not have them, they may not happen.  On this cruise, there was not the possibility of booking them before the cruise, KT tickets are released at the beginning of each segment.  For us, it has been $59pp.  All 3 classes I have taken have been the same price.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

That inaugural cruise had SO many value added opportunities I might be disappointed if we ever did another.  The price also included insurance, free medical on board and LAUNDRY!!!!

• Like 1