(Semi?) - Live From the Sun | Panama Canal | MIA to SEA 04/21 - 05/11

3 hours ago, smillerholmes said:

P.S. I asked if I could get my 7 layer chocolate cake to go - no problem.

That is definitely one of NCL's best desserts imho.  🙂  

BTW, I noticed on your list of Officers and Staff that "JC Sanchez" is the Cruise Director.  Is that "Johnny Cash" Sanchez?   I remember very few CDs, but "Johnny Cash," as he was known a decade or so ago on the Gem or Jewel (I forget which now), was fabulous and really added to the cruise. 

I hope you had a good day in Panama.  Enjoy the transit tomorrow!

20 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

That is definitely one of NCL's best desserts imho.  🙂  

BTW, I noticed on your list of Officers and Staff that "JC Sanchez" is the Cruise Director.  Is that "Johnny Cash" Sanchez?   I remember very few CDs, but "Johnny Cash," as he was known a decade or so ago on the Gem or Jewel (I forget which now), was fabulous and really added to the cruise. 

I hope you had a good day in Panama.  Enjoy the transit tomorrow!

No, JC and "Johnny Cash" are two different people.  I met JC on the Getaway in February 2015, he was fairly new to the Company then I believe.  Really nice young  man.

• Thanks 1

Off to the spa after breakfast. I've ran into one other person the entire cruise using the sauna or steam room. A shower and quick bite in the buffet. 12:30 The Woman King was showing in the Bliss Lounge. Very enjoyable!  Back to the spa and a quick nap.  Heading out to check the MDR menu for this evening.

• Like 2

Nice view of the Sun entering the canal, wondering why no passengers are out on the bow. Our crossing on the Gem they allowed us out there and even had hydration stations set up.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 081341.png

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Nice view of the Sun entering the canal, wondering why no passengers are out on the bow. Our crossing on the Gem they allowed us out there and even had hydration stations set up.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 081341.png

Given the way the camera is angled, there may be passengers on the bow roped off behind the Tower and anchor. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2023 at 6:08 PM, smillerholmes said:

I missed this earlier. Sorry that my positivity was clearly too hopeful regarding NCL doing the right thing and compensating guests fairly.

But, I hope that you are having a fine cruise now that it has resumed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I missed this earlier. Sorry that my positivity was clearly too hopeful regarding NCL doing the right thing and compensating guests fairly.

But, I hope that you are having a fine cruise now that it has resumed.

To be fair, other than pretending they were "testing" I don't really have a problem with how they handled the "event".  Yes, I was tired of the buffet, but they got the A/C working before I needed to go to bed and if that had not occurred I would have considered this vacation as having taken a turn for the worse.  Sweating while trying to sleep is not an option!  😠  So we are back on track with those good cruise vibes. 😊

Glad to see others posting from the webcam as I am busy just trying to enjoy my first transit and take it all in.  Very much enjoying the experience.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, smillerholmes said:

To be fair, other than pretending they were "testing" I don't really have a problem with how they handled the "event".  Yes, I was tired of the buffet, but they got the A/C working before I needed to go to bed and if that had not occurred I would have considered this vacation as having taken a turn for the worse.  Sweating while trying to sleep is not an option!  😠  So we are back on track with those good cruise vibes. 😊

Glad to see others posting from the webcam as I am busy just trying to enjoy my first transit and take it all in.  Very much enjoying the experience.

And you are the important one! If I were onboard I'd be doing the same as you. It's easy for me to whine and moan from the "hot" comfort of my office. My office is always hot! But yes, sleep sweating is the worst.

Enjoy and have a grand time!!!

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Looks like the viewing area is up on deck #12, thanks again @Turtles06

Screenshot 2023-04-27 103655.png

You're most welcome.

Just about every ship has a forward-facing exterior deck high up, and it's always crowded during a Canal transit.  But it's a shame that the Sun did not open her bow as well.  We've transited the Canal on both the NCL Gem and the NCL Jewel, and the bow was opened all four times.  It's a different perspective to be down that low.   Perhaps there's something about the equipment on the Sun's bow that made it too dangerous to have guests out there, or maybe it's just too small.

In any event, I hope everyone on board the Sun is enjoying their transit today!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WillCruiseForMoney said:

Propeller blades.  

I've never seen blades this small for a cruise ship and I've been on smaller ships, ie, Pacific Princess from the 70's.  Thank you for an interesting shot and I will try to visit the bow when we are on.  

5 minutes ago, wooddoctor said:

I've never seen blades this small for a cruise ship and I've been on smaller ships, ie, Pacific Princess from the 70's.  Thank you for an interesting shot and I will try to visit the bow when we are on.  

I think they are bigger than they appear in my previous photo.IMG_6132.thumb.jpeg.9b2ac9b635fadd97e090885b5f4c2779.jpeg I would think all 4 would be needed for a complete unit.

42 minutes ago, wooddoctor said:

The bow space is only for staff.  I would doubt that you will be allowed out there.  From what I could neither crew or passengers were allowed in the bow area for the Canal Crossing.  On a number of ships bot crew and passengers are allowed in the bow area during the Crossing.

The Sun according to Her webcam is nearing the end of Her Canal Crossing.  The Bridge of the Americas can be seen in the foreground.  Almost time to sail out into the Pacific and begin the long journey to Seattle.

Prayers for Her staff and passengers.

• Like 2