LIVE from the Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean, April 9-16, 2023

BirdTravels

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

@BirdTravels Do let me know how the entertainment is, I remember reading about NCL cutting back so curious about how it plays out IRL. 

With only one production show (Choir of Man), it feels light. The Bird is happy that they are doing some Beatles shows in the Theater, The Bird has never liked the crowds in the Cavern Club. 

Since it is a hot topic, The Bird talked to the ships’s production manager. The party line is that based on customer reviews and comments, they decided to remove Kinky Boots prior to the end of their contract. The Bird specifically asked if it was a cost cutting measure and they insisted that the decision to remove Boots was based on customer feedback. 

The ship has not been informed of any permanent replacement for Boots. 

Backstage, there are still racks of boots and other props from the show. 

In general, people seem to be participating in all entertainment. There was a crowd at the movie on the pool deck and late night pool parties. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

A great place for small plates… The Food Republic

IMG_2525.thumb.jpeg.67722d10dd44a6142d12d61de062f226.jpegIMG_2527.thumb.jpeg.51fb6f9091567dfc000faf5617cd1717.jpegIMG_2528.thumb.jpeg.8b7ded3c69c8117a47ade0f5db78c733.jpeg

IMG_2647.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2650.jpeg

IMG_2651.jpeg

Question for the Bird or anyone else who might know, my better half and I will have two more specialty dining meals than the friends we will be traveling with, and since we all love sushi, can the 2 of using 1 sp meal per person order 8 menu items and share with our friends?

Edited by justhappy

3 minutes ago, justhappy said:

Question for the Bird or anyone else who might know, my better half and I will have two more specialty dining meals than the friends we will be traveling with, and since we all love sushi, can the 2 of using 1 sp meal per person order 8 menu items and share with our friends?

Yes

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

With only one production show (Choir of Man), it feels light. The Bird is happy that they are doing some Beatles shows in the Theater, The Bird has never liked the crowds in the Cavern Club. 

Since it is a hot topic, The Bird talked to the ships’s production manager. The party line is that based on customer reviews and comments, they decided to remove Kinky Boots prior to the end of their contract. The Bird specifically asked if it was a cost cutting measure and they insisted that the decision to remove Boots was based on customer feedback. 

The ship has not been informed of any permanent replacement for Boots. 

Backstage, there are still racks of boots and other props from the show. 

In general, people seem to be participating in all entertainment. There was a crowd at the movie on the pool deck and late night pool parties. 

What does the Bird think? I'm calling BS on it not being a cost cutting measure. I've gotten a little spoiled with some of the great entertainment on Royal and was very disappointed to hear about NCL's entertainment cutbacks. I do feel like one production show is light. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

What does the Bird think? I'm calling BS on it not being a cost cutting measure. I've gotten a little spoiled with some of the great entertainment on Royal and was very disappointed to hear about NCL's entertainment cutbacks. I do feel like one production show is light. 

The Bird thinks that those decisions are made well above the pay grade of the onboard manager.

Comments would indicate that the cast of Boots were very high maintenance and since it was a large cast, there were challenges keeping the cast healthy (and not in quarantine). 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

Definitely following your review as we will be on the Panama Canal Cruise right after you. Some in our group of 30 wish to try the escape room. Do we need to make a reservation for it immediately upon boarding? I understand that 6 people at a time can do it, and it takes about 45 minutes or so. Thank you for posting such great pictures and menus!

You need to book a Captains Quest escape room session in the Galaxy Pavilion. The sessions are limited to 6 people. They will fill each session, so if you have less than 6, others will be others in the room with you. 45 minutes. 
IMG_2905.thumb.jpeg.cb2fc5ab5b3334aa97da518bc5f3ccf5.jpeg

IMG_2908.jpeg

IMG_2910.jpeg

IMG_2912.jpeg

IMG_2913.jpeg

IMG_2915.jpeg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

$15

You need to book a Captains Quest escape room session in the Galaxy Pavilion. The sessions are limited to 6 people. They will fill each session, so if you have less than 6, others will be others in the room with you. 45 minutes. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

IMG_2905.thumb.jpeg.cb2fc5ab5b3334aa97da518bc5f3ccf5.jpeg

IMG_2908.jpeg

IMG_2910.jpeg

IMG_2912.jpeg

IMG_2913.jpeg

IMG_2915.jpeg

OH Bird, Thank you so much for the info and photos! I thought the escape room had 3D goggles so maybe there are 2 escape rooms onboard?

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are looking for an elegant fine dining experience, French food at Le Bistro is the place. 

One thing that The Bird found is the electronic menus don’t match the paper menus. Specifically The Bird was fascinating is that the Tomahawk Ribeye has been added to the Le Bistro menu (with a $30 upcharge), something that The Bird has never seen in the past. 

IMG_2938.thumb.jpeg.29b657f144c39536ed4a11476e4c8113.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

OH Bird, Thank you so much for the info and photos! I thought the escape room had 3D goggles so maybe there are 2 escape rooms onboard?

The Bird has never been in the Escape Room. There are VR goggles at the entrance hall to the room (I think that this is the entrance to the escape room). 
IMG_2902.thumb.jpeg.1eb81aa183b9f3e7c5a1fc030cb33fa5.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

All of the hotels that The Bord has stayed at lately only do housekeeping every 4 days (including the hotel we stayed at just before this cruise). Some people think the world has come to an end if they can’t get clean towels 2 or 3 times a day. If The Bird needs a towel, pillow, or sheet,  just go down to Deck 2 and get one. There are a lot stacked up down there. 

IMG_2844.jpeg

IMG_2847.jpeg

IMG_2848.jpeg

IMG_2855.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2865.jpeg

IMG_2867.jpeg

• Like 4

Thank you for the extensive information and detail.  Where have you been dining and what do you think of the food?

Also: How do you get into the employee areas?   May non-birds, and anthropomorphized serving vessels in particular, saunter into the kitchen and ask for shrimp?  

If you happen to try the shakshuka, let us know what you think of it.  Pleasantly surprised to see that as an option for breakfast.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Ever need to label Your underwear? This nifty device will apply a label that never comes off. 

Who doesn't?  I wish my mom had used that when I went to camp instead of a thick black sharpie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1