LIVE from the Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean, April 9-16, 2023

BirdTravels

1 minute ago, GirlWriter said:

I don't understand the signs at the port that say "Check-In For Guests Without E-Docs" and "Check-In For Guests With E-Docs." Everybody gets E-Docs ... so, does this mean "check-in for guests who did not print them and have them on an electronic device instead" / "check-in for guests who printed them out"?

Thank you for asking this question as I was a little confused by the signs too.

Are men allowed to wear nice shorts in the Manhattan room on the Encore?    Last year we were on the Joy and shorts were allowed; however, a few weeks ago on the Epic they enforced a no shorts allowed for men rule.   Notice I said "men" because we say plenty of women wearing shorts.  

30 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Are men allowed to wear nice shorts in the Manhattan room on the Encore?    Last year we were on the Joy and shorts were allowed; however, a few weeks ago on the Epic they enforced a no shorts allowed for men rule.   Notice I said "men" because we say plenty of women wearing shorts.  

I sailed Encore in January, 2020 and I wore nice shorts twice in the Manhattan dining room with no issues. Obviously, I can't speak for what they're doing now, but I didn't bring any pants with me on that sailing.

46 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Yes. Men may wear shorts in all restaurants for all meals except Le Bistro and Ocean Blue. 

On the Epic, the two restaurants are Le Bistro and the Manhattan Room, so it was proper to enforce the long pants rule there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. Men may wear shorts in all restaurants for all meals except Le Bistro and Ocean Blue. 

On the Epic, the two restaurants are Le Bistro and the Manhattan Room, so it was proper to enforce the long pants rule there. 

Thank you.   

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Who is in charge of this beautiful floating hotel?

IMG_2272.jpeg

I'm not really one that cares about cruise directors on ships. They don't make, or break, my cruise. But, out of my four cruises, Tiara (Getaway in September) was not good. They didn't have a wake up show which is honestly the only thing I appreciate on the NCL television. It's really a great opportunity to be funny and let us know about the goings on for the day. She didn't do one. It was the same show, every day - a tour of the ship.

I'm hoping that she may have improved. I'd love to hear your impression of her on your cruise! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

As the sun rises…..

IMG_2457.thumb.jpeg.c4d2f11f3fd172d46270b2d08b6b5564.jpeg

Due to forecasted wind and sea conditions as a font passes in the afternoon, our call at Great Stirrup Cay has been cancelled. 

And, due to a medical emergency, we will be docking in Nassau for a few minutes to evacuate an I’ll passenger 

Ugh! Sorry you are missing GSC, the seas look so calm in your photo too, no white caps. Are you just going to have a sea day now?

• Host Carolyn changed the title to LIVE from the Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean, April 9-16, 2 I023
2 hours ago, GirlWriter said:

I don't understand the signs at the port that say "Check-In For Guests Without E-Docs" and "Check-In For Guests With E-Docs." Everybody gets E-Docs ... so, does this mean "check-in for guests who did not print them and have them on an electronic device instead" / "check-in for guests who printed them out"?

It is for those who didn’t bother to check in online. Their processing at the port takes more time since all of the info done during online checkin has to be gathered and once their passport number is entered, they need to be cleared to sail. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm hoping that she may have improved. I'd love to hear your impression of her on your cruise! 

No real improvement. 

No daily show - just her saying she doesn’t like stairs. 

And during the aborted call to GSC, her one job was to make the 4800 onboard believe that it was “ok” and that they would still have a great day. She basically read the same statement the Captain read about cancelling due to approaching weather. And told people to see the revised program. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No real improvement. 

No daily show - just her saying she doesn’t like stairs. 

And during the aborted call to GSC, her one job was to make the 4800 onboard believe that it was “ok” and that they would still have a great day. She basically read the same statement the Captain read about cancelling due to approaching weather. And told people to see the revised program. 

Oh yes! I remember those comments and that she absolutely loves Starbucks! Which is most definitely true. I saw her in the Starbucks line often, but she never engaged with passengers while waiting. I understand crew need time for themselves, but I was surprised she didn't even say hi to folks that passed by. Oh well...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This week’s entertainment. 
IMG_2268.thumb.jpeg.b7e57ccbbb78c21285a233033aa75e19.jpeg

IMG_2268.thumb.jpeg.e1dff0b2b65d3114e72e29cfbd62dac2.jpeg

For clarification.  the No Reservations items are 1st come 1st server or you did not make reservations?  Just wondering since I have watched videos, read reviews that places like the Cavern Club tend to be hard to get into.  If there are not reservations for the CC what time would be suggested to arrive to get a seat?