Chef's Table Experience- Post them here

FrankieJayIII

1 hour ago, nini said:

Thanks for the heads up of having one person turning in the names!

DH was so impressed with our Chef's Table dinner ( he had no idea why I had booked this) and was elated that I had done so. I know he would love to participate again. We will be on the Sky in June for a 14 night itinerary.

I’ve done this many times. One suggestion is to have some names as a backup as I had a group once & 2 people canceled & the maître d’ was very upset since he had to find a replacement.. 

I turned in my list once & I found out too late it was never received. I’m going on a California Coastal on the Royal on Sunday & I have 3 different lists plus a letter asking for the dinner for our group to make sure someone gets it. 

I just noticed it’s now listed on the Journey View for our cruise on the 2 longest port days. I’ll be interested to see what happens. 

I’ve been told that the executive chef has a number of preset menus that they can use vs them deciding everything in advance. 

Tom😀

On 4/12/2023 at 8:43 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

First Emerald Princess cruise after the start up. 

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2021/10/day-8-at-sea.html

And on the Emerald in 2013:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Chefs Table

I love the Strawberries on Fire drink....so yummy! Once I discovered them I think I had one each day on our NYE sailing on the Enchanted!

We did Chefs table on the Sky back in January and my general feedback is Meh

it took 3 hours and was held in the middle of the main dining room in a table for 12 that was surrounded by a curtain and was a bit noisy (that is after a quick galley tour which was cool).  

The service is impeccable as everyone had their own person who served you each dish.

But ultimately it’s about the food.  Apps and dessert were pretty good and had some creativity.  But the main course was very plentiful but plainly prepared.  No creativity 

As someone who has done Carnival chefs table many times and always gives you an incredible experience, you would think Princess would be better but believe me, it doesn’t even come close (at least for us)

15 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

it took 3 hours and was held in the middle of the main dining room in a table for 12 that was surrounded by a curtain and was a bit noisy (that is after a quick galley tour which was cool).  

The service is impeccable as everyone had their own person who served you each dish.

But ultimately it’s about the food.  Apps and dessert were pretty good and had some creativity.  But the main course was very plentiful but plainly prepared.  No creativity 

As someone who has done Carnival chefs table many times and always gives you an incredible experience, you would think Princess would be better but believe me, it doesn’t even come close (at least for us)

That is too bad about your experience. Ours was great on the Grand. We hope to try it on the Sky this June.

On 4/20/2023 at 2:00 AM, nini said:

Thanks for the heads up of having one person turning in the names!

DH was so impressed with our Chef's Table dinner ( he had no idea why I had booked this) and was elated that I had done so. I know he would love to participate again. We will be on the Sky in June for a 14 night itinerary.

Hi nini it’s what we want to do for our June cruise too we’ve never experienced this and it’s our 45 th wedding anniversary cruise, we’re on the same one as you (roll call) and wondering how is the best way to book.

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Hi nini it’s what we want to do for our June cruise too we’ve never experienced this and it’s our 45 th wedding anniversary cruise, we’re on the same one as you (roll call) and wondering how is the best way to book.

Hi @Purdey16 !!!

Yes, I have you on my Roll Call Sheet (I am keeping track of attendees for the Meet & Greet).

What I have learned, is that once onboard and as soon as you can, call the Dine Line from your cabin or any phone you can find, or find a Maitre D and tell them that if there will be a Chef's Table, that you want to be on the list.

I also say that if there is a Winemaker's Dinner, then we want to sign p for that as well. We got lucky on our last cruise.

See you soon!

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2023 at 1:12 AM, Cruise till you drop said:

Sorry you had that experience. I’ve probably done 12 Chef’s Table on Princess & I’ve loved them all. Last year I did one on the Carnival Miracle, that was held in the disco lounge, which I thought was in a strange location & for me the food was so-so. They didn’t design the ship for a place just for us. 

Tom😀

1 hour ago, nini said:

Hi @Purdey16 !!!

Yes, I have you on my Roll Call Sheet (I am keeping track of attendees for the Meet & Greet).

What I have learned, is that once onboard and as soon as you can, call the Dine Line from your cabin or any phone you can find, or find a Maitre D and tell them that if there will be a Chef's Table, that you want to be on the list.

I also say that if there is a Winemaker's Dinner, then we want to sign p for that as well. We got lucky on our last cruise.

See you soon!

You can also create a list, as I do, with everyone’s name & stateroom number & I turn it in when I board the ship. 

On my Sunday cruise it’s listed on the Medallion App on the journey view. Has anyone seen it there before?

Tom😀

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

You can also create a list, as I do, with everyone’s name & stateroom number & I turn it in when I board the ship. 

On my Sunday cruise it’s listed on the Medallion App on the journey view. Has anyone seen it there before?

Tom😀

Thanks Tom! Please tell me to whom I would turn in to? 

A Chef's Table is on your App?

Please elaborate.

39 minutes ago, nini said:

Thanks Tom! Please tell me to whom I would turn in to? 

A Chef's Table is on your App?

Please elaborate.

I created my own list. I just made a table. It has their names, their booking, stateroom number & email address for my record. The one that turn in at the Passenger Service Desk, PSD, has everything except the email address. If I have more than 12, the number of people for the dinner, I add them as standby in case anyone cancels. 

On my cruise on Sunday I’ll have three request as once they claimed they never saw my request. The other 2 I’ll turn into the dinning room supervisor as a back up. 

I’ll provide you a copy of the letter soon that I use making a request for my group. I make people aware that we don’t know when they will have one so people need to have a flexible schedule as I had some people cancel once & the maître d’ was upset. 

Tom😀

I did a little research on the specialty restaurants for our cruise; and I have to assume the Crown Grill is being used for the wine makers dinner- possibly the first 2 sea nights, the glacier bay cruise night and the third sea night, as reservations are blocked out from 5-7:40 on those nights for that place...  

Its either that or the chef's table. 

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

I created my own list. I just made a table. It has their names, their booking, stateroom number & email address for my record. The one that turn in at the Passenger Service Desk, PSD, has everything except the email address. If I have more than 12, the number of people for the dinner, I add them as standby in case anyone cancels. 

On my cruise on Sunday I’ll have three request as once they claimed they never saw my request. The other 2 I’ll turn into the dinning room supervisor as a back up. 

I’ll provide you a copy of the letter soon that I use making a request for my group. I make people aware that we don’t know when they will have one so people need to have a flexible schedule as I had some people cancel once & the maître d’ was upset. 

Tom😀

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, nini said:

Thank you!

Here's the letter that I use.  I also submit my list of names & stateroom numbers.  Remember that the Chef's table holds 12 people. I'm turning letters to several places as on one cruise I was told that they never saw it. 

I've enclosed the form that I use with everybody's names.

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Restaurant Operations Director

Claudio Giullaini

Royal Princess

Dear: Claudio:

On the behalf of the Cruise Critic, Group, we would like to request the Chef’s Dinner.

I’ve attached our list with the names & stateroom numbers of our members so that they can be contacted.

Yours sincerely,

Tom Barton

Cabin # 

Hope that this helps.

Tom

Names
Cabin #
# of people
Discovery Princess Chefs Dinner, October 23, 2022
Below is people on my stand by list incase of any cancellations.

image.png

31 minutes ago, nini said:

Thank you!

Here's the letter that I use.  I also submit my list of names & stateroom numbers.  Remember that the Chef's table holds 12 people. I'm turning letters to several places as on one cruise I was told that they never saw it. 

I've enclosed the form that I use with everybody's names.

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Restaurant Operations Director

Claudio Giullaini

Royal Princess

Dear: Claudio:

On the behalf of the Cruise Critic, Group, we would like to request the Chef’s Dinner.

I’ve attached our list with the names & stateroom numbers of our members so that they can be contacted.

Yours sincerely,

Tom Barton

Cabin # 

Hope that this helps.

Tom

Names
Cabin #
# of people
Discovery Princess Chefs Dinner, October 23, 2022
Below is people on my stand by list incase of any cancellations.