NCL Air- When do they reserve?

Olyrachel

Hello, we have a cruise out of Lisbon on July 31-Aug 8 on the Getaway, and we accepted the deal that comes with "free" second passenger air. 

When do the booking information emails usually show up? I know it's still three months away, but I'm quite anxious about times from airport to terminal, etc, and of course we would prefer at least a day of leeway on either side. Especially with flying internationally! 

Our cruise is fully paid for (and upgrade bids placed!), since I'm sure that is a factor. 

Thank you!

29 minutes ago, Olyrachel said:

When do the booking information emails usually show up? I know it's still three months away, but I'm quite anxious about times from airport to terminal, etc, and of course we would prefer at least a day of leeway on either side. Especially with flying internationally! 

Unless you ask for a 1 or 2 day deviation, your flights will be scheduled to arrive the morning your cruise begins and leave the day your cruise ends.

You have to request the deviation more than 75 days prior to your cruise date.

• Like 1

At one point the booking page actually had a note indicating the general time you should be expecting your air information (noted in # of days before the cruise).  Don't expect the info much before 4-6 weeks before the cruise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Olyrachel said:

Thank you all! We did tell them we prefer 1-2 days on each side for leeway. It sounds like my idea of planning ahead just isn't on the same time scale as NCL... shocker! haha

I strongly recommend that you check your reservation.  Telling them you prefer something doesn't mean they put it on your reservation!

Your statement should indicate a $25 per deviation credit and indicate the # of nights pre/post. Your itinerary should include the extra days you've requested.  If those things are not on your confirmation, you will find yourself flying in on the day of your cruise, out the day your cruise ends. 

Now is the time to verify your information, you won't be able to do anything once your tickets are issued.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Olyrachel said:

Hello, we have a cruise out of Lisbon on July 31-Aug 8 on the Getaway, and we accepted the deal that comes with "free" second passenger air. 

Our cruise is fully paid for (and upgrade bids placed!), since I'm sure that is a factor. 

Thank you!

once you do get your flight info, go onto the Airlines website and get your seat assignments.  You should be able to pay for any seat upgrades and baggage fees at that time ( if there are baggage fees).  I would call NCL Air and ask about the deviation ( you MIGHT be able to get it).  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Olyrachel said:

Thank you all! We did tell them we prefer 1-2 days on each side for leeway. It sounds like my idea of planning ahead just isn't on the same time scale as NCL... shocker! haha

We found out our international flights 71 days out.   

• Like 1

Double check your documents!!!!!!  

although I had requested the two days on either side of our cruise (out of Athens), I had noticed that they booked us for transfers from airport to port. Uh?? When I called to question this and to make certain… it was corrected. 

* note, they had applied two extra days = charge of 25$ per day as well. Transfers dropped and refunded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Postcards said:

Double check your documents!!!!!!  

although I had requested the two days on either side of our cruise (out of Athens), I had noticed that they booked us for transfers from airport to port. Uh?? When I called to question this and to make certain… it was corrected. 

* note, they had applied two extra days = charge of 25$ per day as well. Transfers dropped and refunded.

Are you sure they charged you $25 for the extra days? We have a one day deviation, and we each got a $25 CREDIT.

• Like 1

I really appreciate all of the helpful comments! I called and got everything straightened out, and I now have a confirmation pdf with our air deviation listed on both sides. We got, I think, $275 back for airport transfers and $50 back for the deviation. I'm glad I checked with you all!

• Like 1

I spoke with an agent to get info about the included airfare and told him I wanted a two day deviation but hadn't completed the reservation...after three days I hadn't heard from them I called them and found out it was 74 days so they couldn't change them. I wish the agent had been clear about the deadline!

Anyway, has anyone mentioned calling the airline personally and paying any fees to get the reservation changed? I'm really nervous about flying in the same day the cruise leaves, and also would love to see some of Seattle...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Olyrachel said:

I really appreciate all of the helpful comments! I called and got everything straightened out, and I now have a confirmation pdf with our air deviation listed on both sides. We got, I think, $275 back for airport transfers and $50 back for the deviation. I'm glad I checked with you all!

Where does it display on the NCL site that there is a flight deviation?  We are cruising out of Southampton on 8/8/2023.  TY

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MichelleR1963 said:

Where does it display on the NCL site that there is a flight deviation?  We are cruising out of Southampton on 8/8/2023.  TY

Mine doesn't show on the site yet except to say something like AIRDEV-SOU with no further info for that port. My confirmation email PDF shows more details. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrt.mom said:

I spoke with an agent to get info about the included airfare and told him I wanted a two day deviation but hadn't completed the reservation...after three days I hadn't heard from them I called them and found out it was 74 days so they couldn't change them. I wish the agent had been clear about the deadline!

Anyway, has anyone mentioned calling the airline personally and paying any fees to get the reservation changed? I'm really nervous about flying in the same day the cruise leaves, and also would love to see some of Seattle...

I think if you change with the airline that should be fine, since it's all in your name and NCL is just handling the booking initially? 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Olyrachel said:

I think if you change with the airline that should be fine, since it's all in your name and NCL is just handling the booking initially? 

I haven’t read of folks being able to change dates but I’m guessing it depends on the airline?

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

I haven’t read of folks being able to change dates but I’m guessing it depends on the airline?

Yes, it depends on the airline.  However, I'm curious to know if last minute changes are a better possibility?  NCL states that they no longer control the ticket 72hrs prior to your flight so it might be easier to negotiate at that point.?  They are technically non-refundable tickets but I've seen posts from people who have gotten earlier return flights by going to the airport and asking.

• Thanks 1

when you get your flight details make sure they have you arriving in time to catch the ship! We used NCL Air and they had us arriving at the port the day after the ship left. . We had let them know 2 months earlier that they had the wrong date. It took a hissy fit from my ta and intervention by the BDM to get it corrected 1 week before departure

• Like 1