Quick question about the premium drink package.

Booman14

Hello to all... 

I have a quick question about upgrading to the premium drink package.  When you upgrade, does it include the really good drinks in the whiskey bar? I have been told some are really expensive and I don't see how they are included, but my TA said that if you have the Premium package, everything was included.  Is this true?

Sorry for the question... We have never sailed Norwegian before and are trying to get the facts, not speculation. 

you're referring to the premium plus package and most - but not all - things are included. water is included, veuve cliquot is included (pending availability) as is starbucks coffee and a greater (but often disappointing) selection of wines and virtually any high end fancy pants cocktail. but to your specific question... the really good drinks in the whiskey bar? the kind the bartender dons white gloves to pour and which cost hundreds of dollars a glass? no, that's not included.

a TA told you that they were?

generally, most things are included, but a TA should know better than to say "everything" is included!

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks' UKstages,

Yes, a TA told me that all drinks were included.  All drinks!!!!  I thought that was strange since I saw some really high dollar whiskeys are served.  She also told me that booking a club suite included the same perks as all the suites, but we found out different on that as well.  We didn't book with her, but I wanted to check facts first.  Can you tell me how it is charged? If I want a $100 whiskey, do they just give a percent off?  Thanks in advance... 

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package-2021.pdf

Why can't anything be simple with NCL?  For Premium Plus, everything in a glass but not wine, beer, whiskey tastings/flights. Other things are included (bottled water, energy drinks, premium coffee, etc) that aren't included in Premium (aka Open Bar).

The top of the top whiskey and cognac? I'd get Louis XIII every chance I get.

With Premium, you pay the difference for anything over $15+20% gratuities on the difference.

19 minutes ago, mistertomatoe said:

Actually, it's NCL so I need to be careful since that PDF says 2021. Anyone have the latest link?

This is the one that I have....

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Beverage_Packages_01232023.pdf

EDIT...newer one below...

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I think this is the latest:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP_Update_FINAL_2_6_23_1.pdf

They no longer say "ALL BEVERAGES SERVED BY THE GLASS ON BOARD ARE INCLUDED." Instead, it looks like they just list out everything. Brother Louis Louis is not on the list. 😞

Even if a brand is on the list, it's subject to availability which varies by ship and season.

Here are the terms for Plus: https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package-full

I just got of the Escape, and was not denied any drink.  I drank double Hennessy XO and double Macallan Enigmas all week.  Both of those shots are $50 each, so each order was $100.  the Macallan was only served at the tobacco road bar, but the Hennessy was sold all over the ship.

1 minute ago, mistertomatoe said:

I find this misleading but whatever. It's NCL.:

• All top-shelf cocktails & spirits (such as Patron Añejo, Macallan Quest and more)
• All beer, champagne and wine by the glass (such as Veuve Clicquot)

this was exactly my experience with the package.  which part is confusing?  I'm willing to answer, if I can.  I will say, then only thing not included were the events, such as the Macallan tasting event.  I found that funny because you could order each drink in the tasting individually.  Same for the wine tastings 

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

this was exactly my experience with the package.  which part is confusing?  I'm willing to answer, if I can.  I will say, then only thing not included were the events, such as the Macallan tasting event.  I found that funny because you could order each drink in the tasting individually.  Same for the wine tastings 

Louis XIII. You can't get that. I saw it all over the ship on the Bliss last month. It's not on the list yet they still say "All." I doubt you can get that even if you were able to get that before. There's also a lot of wines and champagnes that are not included.

14 minutes ago, mistertomatoe said:

Louis XIII. You can't get that. I saw it all over the ship on the Bliss last month. It's not on the list yet they still say "All." I doubt you can get that even if you were able to get that before. There's also a lot of wines and champagnes that are not included.

ahhh.  wish I would have seen this thread before my cruise.  I would have at least tried just to see.  I purposely looked for the most expensive items on the drink menus, and was never denied anything.  Louis XIII was not on the menu, but I don't know if that means it wasn't available or simply not on the menu.  While I do feel like I got more than my money's worth, I would have been disappointed to have been told something wasn't available to me with the package.  Like you said, they advertise it as all drinks.

We were just on the Prima and everything was included except for 7 whiskey/scotch/bourbons-  King Louis, The Last Drop, Elmer T Lee, Old Rip Van Winkle, OFC, George T Stag, Matsui 18yr.

Every other liquor was included on the ship!

For Wine, we did a bottle each meal and note it is one bottle per person with Premium Plus package, not one bottle per table, so don’t think both people have to drink the same wine.  And you can take the bottle after dinner to finish at bar, shows or in your room!

Only issue we had with bottles is each restaurant doesn’t carry all the included bottles of wine😞

1 hour ago, hmorrow said:

Does anyone know what brands of red wine are on the basic all included package, and if you order a glass from the premium package are you just charged the difference?

I'm not sure what brands are offered, but I am fairly sure that you are charged the difference if the wine is premium - unless they've changed the policy recently.  This is how it works with all alcohol.  We find that the regular beverage package is fine for us.  If we want a premium wine, the cost is minimal and most of the time we are OK with their wine selections in the regular package.  It is an inexpensive way to sample some "finer" wines.

Judy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Does anyone know what brands of red wine are on the basic all included package, and if you order a glass from the premium package are you just charged the difference?

You can refer to the PDF.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Beverage_Packages_01232023.pdf

There are way more wines than are listed. By definition “premium” is the same as the basic all included (also referred to as the Open Bar package). It includes most drinks up to $15. Anything above it you pay the difference and 20% gratuities on the difference. Premium PLUS adds more brands and it’s unclear how you would pay for anything not included. Maybe full price?

6 hours ago, JennaMae said:

We were just on the Prima and everything was included except for 7 whiskey/scotch/bourbons-  King Louis, The Last Drop, Elmer T Lee, Old Rip Van Winkle, OFC, George T Stag, Matsui 18yr.

Every other liquor was included on the ship!

for those drinks not included, were they on the menu at the bars, or did you notice them at a bar?  I didn't see any of these listed on any of the bar menus on the Escape

25 minutes ago, mistertomatoe said:

Premium PLUS adds more brands and it’s unclear how you would pay for anything not included. Maybe full price?

It's the very last detail at the bottom of the flyer:

40% discount on wine & spirit
experiences, tastings and flights, Connoisseur
Collection beverages and all other wines by
the bottle.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

We were enjoying Brandy Alexander’s, but asked the bartender to make it with Remy Martin VSOP which is $30/oz. You could see him cringe 🙂

Could you tell the difference with the Remy Martin VSOP? 😀

16 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

for those drinks not included, were they on the menu at the bars, or did you notice them at a bar?  I didn't see any of these listed on any of the bar menus on the Escape

These were available on the Prima at Proof and Metropolitan Bar!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JennaMae said:

These were available on the Prima at Proof and Metropolitan Bar!

thanks.  I was wondering if they were actually on the menu, or if you have to eye scan the bar to see the top notch stuff.