Special Discounts

dexddd

Sorry if posted before, have not been here as much lately.  So I got an email saying 50% off Alaska Sun, Spirit, Jewel or 20% off Bliss Encore this summer. Click on link, nothing.  So I called NCL first time in years, got connected right away to a fine guy who found the certs actually under DD account.

Using certs yield nothing than normal pricing.  Being NCL, not surprised but others seeing same thing?  The sailings were a bit more difficult and expensive to get to like Seward or Vancouver, Seattle seemed to be excluded.  My guess is these not selling well.  The bogo air more than paying for two outright.

Just more curious what others are seeing.

For any cheerleaders, need not reply as already on ignore list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been perusing this deal as I also got the discounts in my account, it's only a discount on the cruise fare and does not apply to port fees, taxes, airfare (if adding) or any other additional. For just me, airfare included, I could be on the Jewel in an inside room for around $1350, Seward to Vancouver in September.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

The bogo air more than paying for two outright.

As a solo I would pay 50% airfare, that's $569.  I couldn't book a flight to Seward for that price...

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Using certs yield nothing than normal pricing.

My mock booking certainly shows the $200 discount for using the 50% certificate, the room is only $400 before the discount.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

Hi - I think you are referring to the promos that NCL is currently running (through tomorrow, 4/15) on 2023 Alaska sailings on select ships. The discount only shows once you get to the end of the booking sequence and apply it as a coupon. It does work - we used it for a May cruise. It cuts 50% or 20% off of the cruise fare - not taxes, fees, DSC, excursions, airfare, etc. Still quite a good deal.

• Like 2

I received the Alaska coupons and a coupon for 20% off Europe cruises. 

In the booking funnel, at the very end, you have to click on the coupon to see the discount. For the 50% off coupon, it is a very nice discount. 

I just wish I could use it! 

We flying from Orlando for the Alaskan cruise Vancouver to Seward.  The bogo airline price was almost $1,700 (probably coach).  I was able to get flights for under $1,600 but they are premium economy with extra leg room and free drinks. 

• Like 1

I used my 50% off Alaska cert last Sunday to book Jewel in May. It brought my Sail Away Inside base fare down to $173. Including the $295 taxes and $45 insurance, the grand total was $513. 

The page where you click the box to apply the coupon is the payment page, where the credit card details are requested. Once I ticked the coupon, half the base fare was subtracted and the insurance was recalculated from $75 to $45 because the base fare had dropped a tier, which was a nice surprise.

Good luck!

We too had decided to take June Vanc-Seward trip. Sent coupons to our TA and ended up with a lovely price. On top of it, we had airline credits/FF miles, so got airfare for about $100 for two. It was meant to be.

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Thanks all for the tips.

Some of you are getting great deals.

I'm confused. You said using the certs gets you normal pricing. The 50% off should come off at the end and it should be off the pricing that people who don't get the 50% off coupon get (i.e. the public price anyone can get). That's what happened with my 20% off Europe coupon that showed up in my account. Right now there's even a CruiseFirst promo to save $250 ($500 certificate). Book a cruise 4 months out/6+ days and you can use that to save $250 in addition to everything else.

On 4/15/2023 at 12:37 PM, dexddd said:

Some of you are getting great deals.

LOL, some ... not yours truly.  Neither DW nor I seeing those Alaska promo offers in our NCL accounts, but one SIL is - she will not be sailing, except virtually.  You know how NCL's math works with the tricks & faked numbers, etc.   This upcoming Epic TA on Saturday is a pretty sweet deal we found ourselves, just sheer luck - with 2 extra points/night for 3 points at 15 nights, not going to refuse ... right.  $250 NCLH OBC ain't bad either, non-refundable, of course for the inconvenience.  Not using NCL Air on our return.  

Postponed but did re-book the Prima for this Fall, but the gang came back yesterday from her Bermuda 7 nights run with earful for me, we shall see on whether to go forward or cancel & do another TA.  

Shopping for last minute Alaska deals this season ?? 

10 hours ago, mking8288 said:

LOL, some ... not yours truly.  Neither DW nor I seeing those Alaska promo offers in our NCL accounts, but one SIL is - she will not be sailing, except virtually.  You know how NCL's math works with the tricks & faked numbers, etc.   This upcoming Epic TA on Saturday is a pretty sweet deal we found ourselves, just sheer luck - with 2 extra points/night for 3 points at 15 nights, not going to refuse ... right.  $250 NCLH OBC ain't bad either, non-refundable, of course for the inconvenience.  Not using NCL Air on our return.  

Postponed but did re-book the Prima for this Fall, but the gang came back yesterday from her Bermuda 7 nights run with earful for me, we shall see on whether to go forward or cancel & do another TA.  

Shopping for last minute Alaska deals this season ?? 

Have a great time on your Epic TA.  As I recall you are fairly tall so hopefully all of you fits in the bed.  Swore off Epic but softened over the years.  If we'd find a right price maybe.

Have your DW posts pics of you in frosted shower, if pixels required then we will get idea.  Same for sink.

Interested what your peeps thought about Prima.  While the ship was quite upscale pretty much everywhere, plush carpets, nice decors, upbeat colors, some venues too small and nothing making rush to go again.

If there was a decent price on Alaska, maybe.  Coupon ended end of day 4/14 so when I had time on Saturday to look based on feedback here it was gone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mking8288 said:

LOL, some ... not yours truly.  Neither DW nor I seeing those Alaska promo offers in our NCL accounts,

Please keep in mind, those offers expired on 4/15/2023 - so no one will see them anymore.

• Thanks 1

My daughter had the coupon and we booked Jewel 8/28-9/4

We booked a family ocean view as the difference in price would be our air, can always try to upgrade via a bid.

We took NCL insurance, FAS and pre paid gratuities and our price is $1479. They also applied my 10% military discount.I think it's a great deal

Did not take NCL air as they quoted $1808 for two from Savannah, I found both cheaper and comparable air on Delta or UA where I can pick my times and connections, NCL would of had us on one of those late night flights from Vancouver

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dexddd said:

Have a great time on your Epic TA.  As I recall you are fairly tall so hopefully all of you fits in the bed.  Swore off Epic but softened over the years.  Have your DW posts pics of you in frosted shower, if pixels required then we will get idea.  Same for sink.

Interested what your peeps thought about Prima.  While the ship was quite upscale pretty much everywhere, plush carpets, nice decors, upbeat colors, some venues too small and nothing making rush to go again  ... 

Thanks, perhaps Alaska in 2024, maybe catch a Pacific coastal repo and then continue ... finding the right price, LOL   Absurd prices for NE/Canada in September, been looking hard at MSC & Princess, nothing of interest out of the Northeast this year.  That's without factoring in airfares, extra nights pre-cruise and that's excluding Southwest flights.  

Prima - my group's concensus and they're "warned" - LeBistro was nasty (subjective, I know & they went against advice to do Cagney's)  FR was just okay but the seafood place was good.  Buffet too small, crowded & short hours + ship at 120% capacity not helping, pools were way too small.  Ship is bad when outdoor space are locked down from weather & on chilly days ... fairly consistent with findings by others.  Positive being size of balcony staterooms, overall modern design & deco but super easy to get lost, idiotic flow ...  Apparently, shortage of towels as attendant failed to maintain a daily stockpile of extras requested.   Next time, they much rather return to the "older" ships but isn't convinced about the premium pricing now asked.   Needless to say, theater & production show, lack there of and the tiny lounges & venues ... to sum up, not impressed.  

Problem these days - grass isn't necessary greener and the soft products better or superior ... compared to the prices of 2 E+ round-trip transcon tickets in the main cabin these days, cruising still not a horrible "buy"   Let's see how this upcoming 15 nights go first, friends just came off the Sun's TA and they are okay as a whole.  Epic's mattress, apparently, can be extended by pulling or pushing (recessed into the headboard area) so we'll see about that extra overhang.  Will do some field photography about the much disliked loo & shower design - as long as ventilation is good, air-freshener boosted, can't be worst than countryside specials in Thailand & Vietnam.  First world problem, perhaps.  Prima being - perhaps - the new "Epic" evil in the fleet.  

Best regards ... later, once we go "semi" or "live"

5 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Thanks, perhaps Alaska in 2024, maybe catch a Pacific coastal repo and then continue ... finding the right price, LOL   Absurd prices for NE/Canada in September, been looking hard at MSC & Princess, nothing of interest out of the Northeast this year.  That's without factoring in airfares, extra nights pre-cruise and that's excluding Southwest flights.  

Prima - my group's concensus and they're "warned" - LeBistro was nasty (subjective, I know & they went against advice to do Cagney's)  FR was just okay but the seafood place was good.  Buffet too small, crowded & short hours + ship at 120% capacity not helping, pools were way too small.  Ship is bad when outdoor space are locked down from weather & on chilly days ... fairly consistent with findings by others.  Positive being size of balcony staterooms, overall modern design & deco but super easy to get lost, idiotic flow ...  Apparently, shortage of towels as attendant failed to maintain a daily stockpile of extras requested.   Next time, they much rather return to the "older" ships but isn't convinced about the premium pricing now asked.   Needless to say, theater & production show, lack there of and the tiny lounges & venues ... to sum up, not impressed.  

Problem these days - grass isn't necessary greener and the soft products better or superior ... compared to the prices of 2 E+ round-trip transcon tickets in the main cabin these days, cruising still not a horrible "buy"   Let's see how this upcoming 15 nights go first, friends just came off the Sun's TA and they are okay as a whole.  Epic's mattress, apparently, can be extended by pulling or pushing (recessed into the headboard area) so we'll see about that extra overhang.  Will do some field photography about the much disliked loo & shower design - as long as ventilation is good, air-freshener boosted, can't be worst than countryside specials in Thailand & Vietnam.  First world problem, perhaps.  Prima being - perhaps - the new "Epic" evil in the fleet.  

Best regards ... later, once we go "semi" or "live"

Yeah, that is pretty much what Prima is.  Lots of marketing though.

We had a great Pac coastal trip years ago on Star.  Been looking at NE mostly on MSC but selling pretty good so maybe next year.  Been on Meraviglia twice.  It is a beautiful ship.  Seems they have a few issues too like others but dsc low, specialty much lower, they will status match you.

New to me ncl now charging extra within a category based on floor.  For your convenience, of course..

• Like 1

Got a little wonky with the same mailing for the Alaska discount.  Ended up being a good deal (actually better than the one offered in the mailing).  The NCL PCC took off the 20% on my Bliss sailing and then took another $500 off on top of that.  Don't know why.  She just did.  I told her of what seemed to be an error.  She said once I did the booking, the fare was locked in and nothing she could do to change it.

Not complaining.  I'm sailing Saturday!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Will do some field photography about the much disliked loo & shower design

That was actually one feature I liked--and I've been on the Epic with my sister, my husband, and my 2 Canadian girlfriends.  I was great to be able to use one feature while the other was in use!!  We even had one in the shower, one on the pot, and one using the sink.  Since I have sailed the Epic for my last 3 cruises, it might be hard to go back to the usual style!  Sailing with the Canadians in September on the Breakaway!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Got a little wonky with the same mailing for the Alaska ... PCC took off the 20% on my Bliss sailing and then took another $500 off on top ... said once I did the booking, the fare was locked in and nothing she could do to change it.  Not complaining.  I'm sailing Saturday!

Haha, OMB and you self-reported a possible error, that's a honest fellow.  Smile & walk onboard without a grim, facial recognition is use.  We were done packing and now re-packing, slimming down further to review what we can leave behind at home & don't need, can always buy a few NCL t-shirts onboard at "sale" prices - since ours is a repo and they probably got a few leftover tees as end of season specials ... if not, I'm sure we can buy some in ports.   Our friends that just got off their 16 days Sun TA said they almost had trouble spending their $250 OBC, that's a first to us 😁 but some beers & tees later, left them with a $6 unused credit.  They said gift shops had, otherwise, little to offer. 

@dexddd - now that's a nice $500 "discount" plus 20% you and I can use, keep checking.  There is also "selective" pop-up offer at 20% for Europe on select sailings this week, LOL.  

2 hours ago, tsahall01 said:

That was actually one feature I liked--and ... sailed the Epic for my last 3 cruises, it might be hard to go back to the usual style!  Sailing with the Canadians in September on the Breakaway!

We don't see the unique bathroom setup as a problem and in fact, don't mind at all.  Usually, when it's just 2 of us traveling - it's whatever.  As long as it doesn't turn into a mini kiddie pool with reverse flow up the floor drain (happened last March on our "Getaway" - freaked DW out as she nearly stepped into the puddle)  One of our SIL is tagging along as our "treat" and she's (well) known to us to spend 1/5 of her time using the loo, out of habits - fine when we aren't going somewhere or coming back.  Epic's design give us access to the sink & shower while she's in the other water "closet" & this is perfect.  Last May, we booked 1 of the 2 Family Inside Suites with 2 baths b/c of her too.  Will see how this fit into our living style ... and, got one of those solid air freshener, sound isn't a problem behind the sliding curtain, plus a bit of music or TV sound/audio.  

We'll waive the Breakaway but going to be on our "Escape" instead.  

• Like 2