Free WiFi

jayseadee

26 minutes ago, jayseadee said:

HI,

If we hit the free 150 minutes of WiFi, are we charged for any overage or does it just shut-off?  

You are given the option to purchase additional minutes. If you do not, then no internet for you!

• Like 1

Yeah, don't worry, it doesn't automatically renew itself, or start charging you by the minute or anything like that (but as always, what has been true in the past may be different by the time you sail).

They will make it very easy for you to purchase a new package, so be careful where you click if you want to avoid that.

• Like 2

it does not automatically continue and you won't be charged.

the flip side of that, however, is that you must remember to log off after each session or your minutes will continue to be consumed. and your 150 minutes will rapidly disappear.

• Like 2

If you approach the end of that 150 (120, 300, etc.) free minutes while still connected & logged into your account - the hardware/server usually allow you to go over a little bit (not assured or guaranteed, but usually - we get another 5 to 10 extra free minutes out of it) - instead of just dropping the connection entirely.  But, once you signed off or logged out, being out of any remaining minutes - you will be given the "opportunity" to purchase and add more minutes to your account.  I don't remember if any eligible Latitudes discounts for internet was automatically calculated, but you can always stop at the iCafe to ask nicely about it (i.e. 15% or 20%)

• Like 2

I wouldn't count on 150 minutes of actually "using" the internet. The clock starts ticking as soon as you try to log in, and if your experience is anything like ours, it took a couple of minutes to log in...and the clock was ticking the whole time. Then, if you manage to get in, the response time is SLOW...and again, the clock is ticking. We made several trips to the Internet Service desk to try to resolve our issues. They did put a few minutes back into our "bank" but not enough to make up for what we had lost. And I was never able to log into CC (which is supposedly free...but I wouldn't know since neither I nor the Internet guy could get me in).

Edited by schmoopie17