Splendor - Favorite Dining Room

as3369

3 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

Lol - only if there are lots of British on the ship!  I actually like the word Aubergine better than eggplant.   However,  I will stick with zucchini, not Courgette! 

I suppose you take the elevator on the ship also 😀

• Haha 1

Pacific Rim was my favorite restaurant during our Christmas on the Canal cruise. Have recently started a YouTube channel and we recently posted our complete dining review. Not sure if it's okay to put the link, but if you search 16 Days of Luxury 5-Star Luxury Cuisine, you'll find it. 

I know people have different opinions towards our review, but we loved Prime 7 and Pacific Rim. Did not like Sette Mari at all. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dinanaw said:

Pacific Rim was my favorite restaurant during our Christmas on the Canal cruise. Have recently started a YouTube channel and we recently posted our complete dining review. Not sure if it's okay to put the link, but if you search 16 Days of Luxury 5-Star Luxury Cuisine, you'll find it. 

I know people have different opinions towards our review, but we loved Prime 7 and Pacific Rim. Did not like Sette Mari at all. 

Was one of your group wearing a Nike ball cap in Prime 7?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jlhalldc said:

My dad taught me to take off my cap indoors. Especially at meals. Here’s some info on why this tradition is a sign of respect. Many young people aren’t aware. 
https://bestlifeonline.com/rude-to-wear-a-hat-indoors/

Yes, I grew up with similar rules about not wearing caps, pushing in chairs, et cetera. However, etiquette is changing and some people have different views today. I just do not feel it is my place to tell other people how to dress and what to wear. I wasn't thrilled about the man wearing a 10-gallon hat at dinner. But that was his choice to wear that hat and I needed to respect that. 

6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Unless Regent implements it as policy it will remain a tradition practiced by some...

I think Regent's 6pm cutoff is the right approach. It gives everyone a certain amount of freedom during the day, but holds everyone to higher standards in the evening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gpilon said:

Was one of your group wearing a Nike ball cap in Prime 7?

1 hour ago, dinanaw said:

Yes, and? Regent allows caps to be worn in restaurants before 6 pm.

When we were on Splendor in January and February Prime 7 opened at 6:30...

3 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Did it never open for lunch during your cruise?

The image that some are objecting to was during lunch service in P7

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

They (as well as Chartreuse) were open for lunch a number of days during our Christmas on the Canal cruise. It was nice to be able to eat lunch in those gorgeous spaces. 

Daytime Dress Code (until 6 p.m.) During the day, resort style clothing (including shorts, warm-up suits, jeans and sneakers) is acceptable in all public areas. Bare feet are acceptable only on the Pool Deck. Note: Bathing suits, while acceptable at the Pool Bar and Grill, are not considered appropriate in any indoor venue.
On our Splendor TA a couple weeks ago, Prime 7 was open a few days for lunch. I personally find it inappropriate for men to wear hats, ball caps, etc. at a dining venue on such a prestigious line. It ain't IHOP. There is no mention of hats being worn in dining venues...just common sense and polite thing to do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1