NCL Bliss 1st Alaska sailing from Seattle 2023

Ferry_Watcher

24 minutes ago, SightCRR said:

Bliss Bridgecam at Ward Cove 8 miles outside Ketchikan. Nice sunny day. 4/20/23.

norwegian-bliss (2).jpg

4/20, there is a shop in town down by the water that is probably doing brisk business 🙂

Edited by fastpitchdad

On 4/18/2023 at 5:47 PM, eileeshb said:

Any word on Skagway? Tendering, bus or normal gangway to shore?

Bumping this question. We have an early non-NCL tour in Skagway and wondering if the earliest buses are limited exclusively to NCL tours and/or Haven.

5 hours ago, lovinger said:

Bumping this question. We have an early non-NCL tour in Skagway and wondering if the earliest buses are limited exclusively to NCL tours and/or Haven.

It was posted in the freestyle daily for Skagway this week.. but here it is snipped separately, the original source is from a post on the social media site we aren't allowed to post links for. I blew it up as much as I could on my desktop but it's probably still a bit blurry

It looks like the same approach they use for tenders ...

NCL Skagway Shuttle.jpg

1 hour ago, eileeshb said:

It was posted in the freestyle daily for Skagway this week.. but here it is snipped separately, the original source is from a post on the social media site we aren't allowed to post links for. I blew it up as much as I could on my desktop but it's probably still a bit blurry

It looks like the same approach they use for tenders ...

NCL Skagway Shuttle.jpg

Thanks, I did see that, but it's my first cruise so I'm not sure exactly how it works. If a passenger has a 7:30 am non-NCL tour, will they not be allowed to board a bus until after 8:30? What about if they stay in Haven? Thanks!

56 minutes ago, lovinger said:

Thanks, I did see that, but it's my first cruise so I'm not sure exactly how it works. If a passenger has a 7:30 am non-NCL tour, will they not be allowed to board a bus until after 8:30? What about if they stay in Haven? Thanks!

Haven guests always get priority just talk to the concierge and they'll make sure you're on the first bus. From what I've read there is a pre-cruise concierge too if you want to make sure it's sorted before you even embark.

Typically it takes about 20mins from the official arrival time until they open the gangway to guests. With the bus setup they may have people waiting in the theatre before going to the gangway to get on the buses. The concierge should know what the exact plan is. 

It might be worth checking with your private excursion provider about possible delay due to the shuttle capacity limits.Or hopefully they'll have more buses as the season progresses.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, wacruiselover said:

Thank you, @eileeshb  You are the best! 😊

It’s of benefit to me too as I’ll be doing the same itinerary in October and I’m bringing a cruise novice with me so the more info I have up front the easier it’ll be to set expectations 

How is the Beatles cover band this cruise? We were on the same cruise in May last year and we had to leave because it was so bad. They had a last minute replacement of George and you could tell he was new and scared. Hoping for a better group this time.