Cunard drinks package : Mix and Match

TonyBasoglu

Myself and my wife are consumers of different forms of caffeine.

She chooses tea & coffee

I choose diet coke

On Cunard, these drinks packages are different and I'm aware of the terms&conditions (no sharing, everyone in the same cabin must purchase etc etc).

--

I'm wondering if Cunard allows for exceptions : I would like to buy my choice and she would like to buy hers but we do not wish to double up our purchases.  

I have just been in touch with Cunard regarding a similar query as I wanted the full package but my daughter who is 18 only wanted the non alcoholic one as she's tee-total.  I was told nothing could be done pre-cruise as all packages bought through 'my Cunard' had to be the same for both occupants of the stateroom but if I went to the purser's desk within 48 hours of boarding, they would assess whether or not to allow us different packages and then we could purchase on board.  The package does increase in price though if bought on board.

They did get back to me very quickly which really impressed me!

• Like 4

On 4/16/2023 at 3:04 PM, Host Hattie said:

There's no need to buy a package at all. If they don't work for you just pay as you go.

I know - but she is a Brit : has a coffee in the morning and non stop tea all day long.

and I'm from across the pond, a Canuck, and I drink Diet Soda all day long.

Not having a package will cause a serious dent in our wallets.  😅

Best to sort out a couple of decent packages.   

2 hours ago, TonyBasoglu said:

I know - but she is a Brit : has a coffee in the morning and non stop tea all day long.

and I'm from across the pond, a Canuck, and I drink Diet Soda all day long.

Not having a package will cause a serious dent in our wallets.  😅

Best to sort out a couple of decent packages.   

Coffee is free at breakfast i.e. in the morning. You may even have it delivered to your cabin free of charge.

Actually tea and coffee are free

- for all meals in all restaurants

- via room service for breakfast

- at tea time in the Queens room

- all day long at the buffet

- all day long by using the kettle provided in your cabin

37 minutes ago, carlmm said:

Coffee is free at breakfast i.e. in the morning. You may even have it delivered to your cabin free of charge.

Actually tea and coffee are free

- for all meals in all restaurants

- via room service for breakfast

- at tea time in the Queens room

- all day long at the buffet

- all day long by using the kettle provided in your cabin

Is it just filter coffee that they provide at meals and in the Lido or can you have a cappuccino or similar? Thanks.

1 hour ago, GeorgianGal100 said:

Is it just filter coffee that they provide at meals and in the Lido or can you have a cappuccino or similar? Thanks.

At meal times you can get cappucccinos and such in the restaurant and certainly also for breakfast in the Lido. Other times I do not know if they charge in the Lido.

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2023 at 4:45 PM, GeorgianGal100 said:

I have just been in touch with Cunard regarding a similar query as I wanted the full package but my daughter who is 18 only wanted the non alcoholic one as she's tee-total.  I was told nothing could be done pre-cruise as all packages bought through 'my Cunard' had to be the same for both occupants of the stateroom but if I went to the purser's desk within 48 hours of boarding, they would assess whether or not to allow us different packages and then we could purchase on board.  The package does increase in price though if bought on board.

They did get back to me very quickly which really impressed me!

This is very helpful thank you.

I think we will try this method and beg in person   🙂  

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2023 at 2:26 AM, TonyBasoglu said:

This is very helpful thank you.

I think we will try this method and beg in person   🙂  

You can also carry on as much soda as you'd want to drink 

7 minutes ago, lissie said:

You can also carry on as much soda as you'd want to drink 

Hi Lissie - I was actually searching for this and didnt find it.

Is this rule (unlimited soda carry on) documented anywhere?

I know wine is 1 per person but I didnt find anything about soda rule for Cunard.  😅

6 hours ago, TonyBasoglu said:

I know wine is 1 per person but I didnt find anything about soda rule for Cunard.  😅

I've not seen it written down anywhere. I've also never seen on any SM any person having in liquid being turned away at the quay. Personally, we've carried on a dozen wine (in a box) on one cruise. In SF we carried on 1 l of scotch - and then I went shopping at different ports bringing on various wines, spirits, cordial (we don't drink soda).  In all cases the bags were not concealed - in fact they got a laugh from security with a particularly good sound clunk going through the scanner at SF! 

The only thing I'd say is that the fridges are quite small so I wouldn't carry on large 2 litre bottles as they may not fit either standing or lying down. Cans or small (500ml or less) bottles would fit in better. 

This from the FAQ Cruise questions - Frequently asked questions - Cunard Line

Can I bring items of food or drink on board?

Answer

We do not encourage food and drink to be brought on board, as we would like to think that all your culinary desires are more than adequately catered for on our ships.

We recognise that there may be particular favourites or special dietary requirements that you may need to enjoy a holiday.

In limited circumstances we would allow you to bring food and beverages on board but please note the following:

• Perishables are not permitted: although there are fridges in cabins these are not temperature monitored and we cannot guarantee that they will keep foods at the correct temperature for safety. All items must be strictly for personal consumption, kept wrapped or sealed and not allowed to create any risk to health or likelihood of pest infestation in cabins or any other areas. Personal items may not be cooked for you on board, stored in the main stores or in any food room refrigerator or freezer.
  • You are advised to carry such items on board yourself rather than placing in your check in luggage to avoid any damage in the loading process.
Edited by lissie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TonyBasoglu said:

There’s no rule documented about bringing books or cuddly toys on board either, so, as with soda, you do what you want.

• Haha 3