Cleanliness?

jeanlyon

93 passengers who were on Arcadia World Cruise 2023 have made formal complaints about cleanliness and many other problems whilst on board. We had problems on Arcadia on 2022 Xmas cruise…..seems P&O standards are dropping and they don’t respond to complaints.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jessybell said:

93 passengers who were on Arcadia World Cruise 2023 have made formal complaints about cleanliness and many other problems whilst on board. We had problems on Arcadia on 2022 Xmas cruise…..seems P&O standards are dropping and they don’t respond to complaints.

Wow, that's really not good...

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Wow, that's really not good...

Especially on a world cruise where you would have thought that P&O would pull all the stops out as a world cruise used to be considered a cruise line's premier product.

I don't know if a world cruise is a money spinner now or just put on a status offering for the brand? It begs the question now of how long will P&O continue offering them. Age, the ships not the customers is no excuse as other cruise lines have ships of similar ages and manage to keep them clean and serviceable.

8 hours ago, jessybell said:

93 formal complaints from over 2000 passengers on a 100ish day cruise is 93 more than you would like but considering how many people we have all experienced on cruises moaning at the slightest thing and the burgeoning compensation culture, I am not really surprised. Out of interest, how did you find out about the 93 and apart from cleanliness, what were the other complaints about?

Good friends of ours were on there. I have seen the letter sent to CEO……..lots of concerns re handling of norovirus and Covid onboard too. We were on Arcadia for 2022 Xmas cruise and the problems had started then.

17 minutes ago, jessybell said:

Good friends of ours were on there. I have seen the letter sent to CEO……..lots of concerns re handling of norovirus and Covid onboard too. We were on Arcadia for 2022 Xmas cruise and the problems had started then.

So one letter signed by 93 people (including spouses, partners etc)? I am not surprised there were outbreaks of Norovirus on such a long cruise but of course it needs to be handled properly despite some people no doubt resisting preventative measures. If it wasn’t, it is right to complain but only if the complainers took all the precautions they were asked to take. Covid sadly is of course still with us and needs to be managed to prevent an outbreak, even if measures taken are not universally popular. 

Whilst, like others, we have had a variation in the quality and thoroughness of cabin stewards, I can’t say that we’ve ever had cause to complain. They generally work like Trojans and always strike me as the hardest working staff on the ship.

I have always been impressed with the cleaning regime around the ship as well. However, all our cruises were pre “you know what”, so hopefully we will still be as impressed during our 4 P&O cruises that we now have booked over the next year.

• Like 3

The cleanliness issue is of course subjective and what is acceptable to one may be totally disgusting to another.  However there is a theme running through Arcadia about toilet issues, leaks etc which if you read the Cunard reviews of Queen Victoria's Christmas cruise are being regularly repeated.  These two lovely ladies are one and the same having nearly been each other and I can't help but wonder if the long layups during the pandemic while they lazed around in Torbay might have exacerbated the situation in their systems.

I'm not exactly old but two years of curtailed activities is taking a time to shake off and perhaps that might be happening here!

Whatever after these people have spent a small fortune on a world cruise even one complaint on hygiene and health issues is one too many and hopefully will be taken seriously and necessary action put in place.

• Like 3