Random Silversea Questions - Door Decorations, Southampton Dock, & Binoculars

AandASailAway

30 minutes ago, chrism23 said:

The Stafford Hotel in London, which I absolutely love, has a modest sized yellow rubber duck in their bathrooms.  It seems everyone take them. Then there are matching mini version of the same on the net.  I have had 4 of them arrayed in my guest bathroom for years.  Always good for a laugh.  Then last cruise on the Moon, there was a woman doing crafts every morning on sea days, creating paper flowers, all sorts of colorful stuff, which found the way to a lot of doors. I thought it was very cool.  

Good point about the ducks!  Lufthansa’s first class terminal also provides ducks in its shower/bath facility. 

I was thinking more about the door decorations.  Have never seen that in upscale hotels, so wondered whether the people who feel that’s important to be able to find their cabin door do the same in hotels?  Genuinely curious; I learned  something new in this thread about the challenge of dyslexia. 

Edited by Dolcevita Diva

I thought it might be fun to hide a duck and see how far I could get it to travel.  I'm going to Iceland.  Someone takes my duck and hides it on a cruise to the Baltic, then someone takes it and hides it in Greece.  It seems to be a be something that's common on big cruise ships and I'm sure there are so many of them going around that mine might be lost in the shuffle.  

58 minutes ago, ArtofZen said:

I thought it might be fun to hide a duck and see how far I could get it to travel.  I'm going to Iceland.  Someone takes my duck and hides it on a cruise to the Baltic, then someone takes it and hides it in Greece.  It seems to be a be something that's common on big cruise ships and I'm sure there are so many of them going around that mine might be lost in the shuffle.  

Oh dear.

If I found a nasty little yellow plastic duck imposed on the ship it would go straight in the trash.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ArtofZen said:

I thought it might be fun to hide a duck and see how far I could get it to travel. It seems to be a be something that's common on big cruise ships

Well, have fun!  But many (most?) of us cruise with Silversea because it’s not like the big cruise ships…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Well, have fun!  But many (most?) of us cruise with Silversea because it’s not like the big cruise ships…

I am with you on that.  I admit I am not a cruise person and only go on cruises because I have family members who are cruise people.  In a perfect world, I would only cruise on smaller ships, but in a perfect world I could always afford smaller ships.  I am only going on my upcoming Silversea cruise because someone else is paying for it as a birthday gift to me.  Do I think a lot of the stuff they do on big ships is silly?  Sure.  But everyone can use a bit of silliness now and then.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ArtofZen said:

I am with you on that.  I admit I am not a cruise person and only go on cruises because I have family members who are cruise people.  In a perfect world, I would only cruise on smaller ships, but in a perfect world I could always afford smaller ships.  I am only going on my upcoming Silversea cruise because someone else is paying for it as a birthday gift to me.  Do I think a lot of the stuff they do on big ships is silly?  Sure.  But everyone can use a bit of silliness now and then.  

No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

No kidding!  That’s living right.

Stumbles, I didn’t think you were that cheap. This is a woman who wants to put nasty yellow plastic ducks on the ship. And thinks we’ll be OK with that. 

On 5/22/2023 at 6:43 AM, ArtofZen said:

Sounds to me as though you're a candidate for a new hobby ... geocaching.  One of the several facets of the game are 'trackables' that are placed by their owners, and moved around the world by other players and tracked online.  You might find some fun there.  The primary objective, of course, is to find the hidden cache in which they are placed.

www.geocaching.com

Put in your home address and odds are you'll be surprised at what you find hidden not far from wherever it is that you live.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Stumbles, I didn’t think you were that cheap. This is a woman who wants to put nasty yellow plastic ducks on the ship. And thinks we’ll be OK with that. 

Oh Jolly.  I’ll always accept a free cruise on Silversea.

Now, about those ducks… 🙄

On 5/20/2023 at 9:46 AM, chrism23 said:

The Stafford Hotel in London, which I absolutely love, has a modest sized yellow rubber duck in their bathrooms.  It seems everyone take them. Then there are matching mini version of the same on the net.  I have had 4 of them arrayed in my guest bathroom for years.  Always good for a laugh.  Then last cruise on the Moon, there was a woman doing crafts every morning on sea days, creating paper flowers, all sorts of colorful stuff, which found the way to a lot of doors. I thought it was very cool.  

IMG_1277.jpg

28 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I confess to finding all these 'things to put on our suite door' rather tasteless, but I suppose I am a bit of a Puritan.

Oh Lola, some of them can be very tastefully done  and express the quiet decorum of those inside. 

image.png.d9d930091d8455a9cc5332ccb827f152.png

• Haha 7