Thinking of booking my first Celebrity Cruise

ChinaShrek

I am really interested in the 12 day Canary Islands cruise that departs Barcelona on December 21, 2024 on the Infinity. The itinerary looks awesome and I have only heard good things about Celebrity. A little background about myself. I usually sail Holland America and Carnival but I have been on two Royal Caribbean ships as well. I like the food, service, and itineraries on Holland America while Carnival has really good prices (which allows me to cruise more frequently) and I like there entertainment. So, what are my questions? First, is this itinerary worth doing or is December the wrong time of year? Second, will the Infinity allow me to experience a true Celebrity experience? Celebrity seems to be a step up from HAL, maybe two steps up from Carnival. Is the price worth it for this cruise? Anything I am missing?

11 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I am really interested in the 12 day Canary Islands cruise that departs Barcelona on December 21, 2024 on the Infinity. The itinerary looks awesome and I have only heard good things about Celebrity. A little background about myself. I usually sail Holland America and Carnival but I have been on two Royal Caribbean ships as well. I like the food, service, and itineraries on Holland America while Carnival has really good prices (which allows me to cruise more frequently) and I like there entertainment. So, what are my questions? First, is this itinerary worth doing or is December the wrong time of year? Second, will the Infinity allow me to experience a true Celebrity experience? Celebrity seems to be a step up from HAL, maybe two steps up from Carnival. Is the price worth it for this cruise? Anything I am missing?

I looked the itinerary for 12/21/24 on Infiniti, and that is a fantastic trip! The Canary Islands are wonderful, each very different from the other. I hope you book it and enjoy, the weather should be great. 

9 hours ago, SPacificbound said:

I looked the itinerary for 12/21/24 on Infiniti, and that is a fantastic trip! The Canary Islands are wonderful, each very different from the other. I hope you book it and enjoy, the weather should be great. 

Thank you. I'm getting excited about the cruise. 

10 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

Second, will the Infinity allow me to experience a true Celebrity experience?

Infinity has not undergone a major refurbishment in some time and, according to some reports, she is really showing her age in terms of her condition. So in that way, you may not be getting the true Celebrity experience. Service and food should be very representative, however. 

I would not hesitate to book a good itinerary sailing on Infinity. However if I had friends who never sailed on Celebrity whom first impressions were very important, I would think twice about recommending their first cruise to be on Infinity. 

IMG_1398.thumb.jpeg.018ae17c028f42d7af07d8af2443ac89.jpeg

Infinity docked at Ushuaia, Dec 31 2016. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

We love celebrity- especially the solstice and Edge class.  We used to sail on the summit often and loved it.  .  Did Infinity about 20 years ago, to Alaska and really enjoyed it.  That being said, if the ship and cabins haven't been redone- not a great intoduction to Celebrity.  However IMO so much better then Carnival, NCL, HAL.  The Oasis class ships on Royal are also wonderful.

• Like 1