MSC and Kids

Giantfan13

We are looking to do an MSC cruise from NYC next summer with our grandkids who are under 12 years old. Does MSC have programs for kids like many of the other cruise lines? I guess like a camp or recreation type of thing?

Cheers

Len

4 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

We are looking to do an MSC cruise from NYC next summer with our grandkids who are under 12 years old. Does MSC have programs for kids like many of the other cruise lines? I guess like a camp or recreation type of thing?

By asking that question you either have not realized yet that MSC is from Italy or you know nothing about social life in Italy 😉

To make it simple, MSC is "Bambini first".

7 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Yes...

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/cruise-for-kids/clubs

...but what will be open/available on a particular ship can vary, 

Thanks that is exactly what I was asking about. Instead of getting snide comments, I got a real answer. Thanks.

Cheers

Len

• Like 2

Giantfan 13, We are taking our twin grands (who will be 12 this September) in July on the Meraviglia. We purchased the fun pass for them as they are not thrilled with the idea of being with the younger group of 6-11 year olds especially being just less than 2 months short of the tween age group. I think MSC should rethink their age groups. Almost 12 year olds really don't relish the idea of hanging with 6 year olds. Lucky for ours we’re in the Yacht Club so that will make it more fun for them. 

6 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Giantfan 13, We are taking our twin grands (who will be 12 this September) in July on the Meraviglia. We purchased the fun pass for them as they are not thrilled with the idea of being with the younger group of 6-11 year olds especially being just less than 2 months short of the tween age group. I think MSC should rethink their age groups. Almost 12 year olds really don't relish the idea of hanging with 6 year olds. Lucky for ours we’re in the Yacht Club so that will make it more fun for them. 

Royal does this with the kids, but MSC appears to break the kids down into MUCH smaller, closer age groups... 3-6, 7-11, 12-14 and then older teens. My kid hated the kids club on Royal because he was 11 and stuck with 6 year olds. But he will   be 12 when we try this, so he will be happy to be with kids closer to his age.  Even this one being 7-11 seems better than 6-12 they do on Royal.  And I bet your kids may be able to join the older group if you asked and signed off on it. 

4 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

And I bet your kids may be able to join the older group if you asked and signed off on it. 

I’m pretty sure I read MSC is strict on that because if you do it for one then more will come so where does it end? I am on two cruises before July so will ask at the kids club. In either case, they will probably meet kids outside the club and will enjoy themselves doing the rope bridge and water park more. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Giantfan 13, We are taking our twin grands (who will be 12 this September) in July on the Meraviglia. We purchased the fun pass for them 

Twelve year olds will need to have a parent or guardian with them to use the attractions  for the Fun Pass.

Besides the signs at the attractions stating an adult must be present, there have been posts on this board that purchases of the Fun Pass are loaded unto the adult card, not the child's.