Hairdressers on Ventura/P&O ships?

Cardiff girl

Has anyone had a hair cut on board a P&O ship, ideally Ventura? I'm thinking how to use my on board credit and I think I've seen reasonable rates for hair. Has anyone got a salon price list? 

If I resist the usual pre-cruise cut I could use up OBC getting one onboard - if I'm likely to be happy with the result... 🧟

2 hours ago, Cristaltips said:

Had a cut on Aurora on a long cruise. Never again. It was all wonky and looked as if it had been cut with a knife and fork! 

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good! Thanks both - maybe not worth taking the risk! PS How do people spend OBC? 

1 minute ago, Cardiff girl said:

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good! Thanks both - maybe not worth taking the risk! PS How do people spend OBC? 

Drink, speciality dining, drink, excursions, drink, shopping, and, did I mention drink ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Drink, speciality dining, drink, excursions, drink, shopping, and, did I mention drink ?

Haha, that's what I had in mind! However, I've already booked an excursion that was selling out, now I'm contemplating booking dining... Still, a nice problem to have! 

Just now, Cardiff girl said:

Haha, that's what I had in mind! However, I've already booked an excursion that was selling out, now I'm contemplating booking dining... Still, a nice problem to have! 

I think the issue you will have, is that you can only use obc to book dining when you are actually on board.

• Like 1

Ive had my hair cut and coloured on Arcadia and it was fine, that was on a RWC which is too long without a salon visit. 

my personal favourite pamper on board is a pedicure with all the trimmings so my feet look good as I wander to the pool! 

Worth knowing that the salon staff dont work for P and O, its a contract provider as far as I know, also that they dont just do hairdressing as far as I can see they get required to do beauty as well. And thirdly, they earn extra if they can sell you products.  

46 minutes ago, sleepingcat said:

Ive had my hair cut and coloured on Arcadia and it was fine, that was on a RWC which is too long without a salon visit. 

my personal favourite pamper on board is a pedicure with all the trimmings so my feet look good as I wander to the pool! 

Worth knowing that the salon staff dont work for P and O, its a contract provider as far as I know, also that they dont just do hairdressing as far as I can see they get required to do beauty as well. And thirdly, they earn extra if they can sell you products.  

Thanks - I remember the heavy sell! If they're expected to do everything that might be why some people haven't been wowed by the results. We'll see. 

13 hours ago, Cardiff girl said:

Has anyone had a hair cut on board a P&O ship, ideally Ventura? I'm thinking how to use my on board credit and I think I've seen reasonable rates for hair. Has anyone got a salon price list? 

If I resist the usual pre-cruise cut I could use up OBC getting one onboard - if I'm likely to be happy with the result... 🧟

I had exactly the same idea as you! 

Had my hair cut on Arvia...not great 🙁

It was £60 wash, cut, blow dry

Cheaper by about 20% if you book before you board, but then you can't use OBC. 

2 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

I had exactly the same idea as you! 

Had my hair cut on Arvia...not great 🙁

It was £60 wash, cut, blow dry

Cheaper by about 20% if you book before you board, but then you can't use OBC. 

Oh, I thought I'd seen £40 or so for a cut on Azura. Maybe it was one of those where the wash, the blow dry, etc add to the cost - "£5 for a chair, madam?"🤣

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Cardiff girl said:

PXL_20230419_130257679.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff girl said:

Oh, I thought I'd seen £40 or so for a cut on Azura. Maybe it was one of those where the wash, the blow dry, etc add to the cost - "£5 for a chair, madam?"🤣

I was looking at pre boarding prices of £45-£50, depending on dates, but I got charged for long hair (mine is just about shoulder length) 

Hope this helps 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alpha whiskey said:

I was looking at pre boarding prices of £45-£50, depending on dates, but I got charged for long hair (mine is just about shoulder length) 

Hope this helps 

Thanks very much for that price list - £50+ for cut, style & blowout. I guess the plus covers long hair, etc. 

I was on a long cruise on Aurora once and they did an offer of £25 for a cut and blow dry - the young girl did an excellent job, it was one of my best ever haircuts.

On another occasion I had my nails done and the girl who did them said that although she did hairdressing she very rarely did anything other than wash and blow dry as everyone had their haircut before they went on holiday.  She said she was quite ‘rusty’ at cutting!

• Thanks 2