Dear Regent Seven Seas Cruises

makai 7

Our relationship began in 2011.  Like many new relationships, we were flush with excitement, anticipation, and the feeling of new love.

Over the years, we spent quite a bit of time together, 119 nights plus pre- and post-cruise experiences.  As the years progressed, it began to feel like you were no longer as interested in us as we were with you.  Like many relationships, the initial crush ended.  Instead of an even give-and-take, it felt more and more like you were taking without giving in return.

On this most recent cruise, it was obvious to us that you were no longer interested in us at all, and that you no longer cared about any of the things that made us fall in love back in 2011.

Please take this “dear John” letter as our way of breaking up with you.  It is over.  We wish that our final memories of you were the “Unrivaled Experience” that you advertised.  They were certainly memorable, but not in a positive way.

Sincerely

Mr. and Mrs. Makai 7

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, makai 7 said:

Our relationship began in 2011.  Like many new relationships, we were flush with excitement, anticipation, and the feeling of new love.

Over the years, we spent quite a bit of time together, 119 nights plus pre- and post-cruise experiences.  As the years progressed, it began to feel like you were no longer as interested in us as we were with you.  Like many relationships, the initial crush ended.  Instead of an even give-and-take, it felt more and more like you were taking without giving in return.

On this most recent cruise, it was obvious to us that you were no longer interested in us at all, and that you no longer cared about any of the things that made us fall in love back in 2011.

Please take this “dear John” letter as our way of breaking up with you.  It is over.  We wish that our final memories of you were the “Unrivaled Experience” that you advertised.  They were certainly memorable, but not in a positive way.

Sincerely

Mr. and Mrs. Makai 7

Better off sending this to Corporate...it won't do any good here.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, makai 7 said:

Sincerely

Mr. and Mrs. Makai 7

Mr. and Mrs. Makai 7, 

We certainly are not ready to say goodbye, and are willing to figure out how to reignite the spark that was once there. I was actually onboard with you and would love to talk through your issues and concerns. Please send me an email at jteegen@rssc.com so we can properly address everything and hopefully you can give us a second chance to prove our commitment to you! 

Warm Regards (and a little heartache), 

Jennefer 

Jennefer Teegen | Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty
P: +1 954.940.7217 | 😄 352.870.8279

jteegen@rssc.com| www.rssc.com

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

7300 Corporate Drive, Miami  FL 33126

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

I would like to better understand the original poster’s issues which has driven them away from Regent. There has been a growing criticism of Regent on these boards in recent times and it would be nice to get Regent’s perspective on what’s being done to improve their services and processes. I understand that Regent can’t respond to every single complaint but there are some common themes that keep coming up. Regent would do well to provide some feedback on those items to their loyal customers on these boards.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Mr. and Mrs. Makai 7, 

We certainly are not ready to say goodbye, and are willing to figure out how to reignite the spark that was once there. I was actually onboard with you and would love to talk through your issues and concerns. Please send me an email at jteegen@rssc.com so we can properly address everything and hopefully you can give us a second chance to prove our commitment to you! 

Jennefer 

Hello Jennifer 

we actually met and spoke to you while in line at the ropeway on one of the excursions.

Thank you for your kind response.  I will send an email to you in a few days and we can have a conversation.

With much appreciation 

Mrs Makai 7

• Like 3

1 hour ago, makai 7 said:

Hello Jennifer 

we actually met and spoke to you while in line at the ropeway on one of the excursions.

Thank you for your kind response.  I will send an email to you in a few days and we can have a conversation.

With much appreciation 

Mrs Makai 7

Perfect. Please reach out at any time. 

Best, 

Jenn 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Mr. and Mrs. Makai 7, 

Jennefer 

Hi Jennefer

i am deeply disappointed that you never responded to my recent problems on Regent, which I have written about extensively on Cruise Critic these last two months. 
I have been a loyal groupie on Regent since my sailing on Raddison Diamond December 1992. 
Herb and I are seriously considering other luxury cruise lines because of the treatment I have received recently. 
I guess we are not all that important to either Regent or you.
Sheila and Herb

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Hi Jennefer

i am deeply disappointed that you never responded to my recent problems on Regent, which I have written about extensively on Cruise Critic these last two months. 
I have been a loyal groupie on Regent since my sailing on Raddison Diamond December 1992. 
Herb and I are seriously considering other luxury cruise lines because of the treatment I have received recently. 
Sheila and Herb

Yeah, I’ve never seen Jennefer  here before . Makai must be really special 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Perfect. Please reach out at any time. 

Best, 

Jenn 

Wow, I’ve never seen this red carpet treatment before on this board

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Camillus112 said:

Applause!!  Thank you Ms. Teegen for your quick reply and concern, and for providing us "audience" an expectation for a happy ending.

Well, I don’t know about you but I’ve been on this board for over 20 years and I’ve never seen a more obsequious response from a Regent person to a random complaint here. What makes them so special I wonder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I don’t know about special, but Ms Teegan has been responding to various people on this board since around Nov / Dec. 

Though as others have said if you have a serious problem or complaint take it up with Regent first, not social media.JMO

21 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

I’ve reached out to Ms Teegen several times and have received a quick response.

She’s great! So helpful!

I agree.  Ms. Teegan has been very helpful, especially getting other departments to respond in a timely manner.  I think that some people get a bee in their bonnet and then find it difficult to let go of their point of view when presented with solutions or even apologies.  Too bad.  I found this posting to be over the top in order to embarrass Regent in a public setting.  

I think we have all experienced the aftermath of the honeymoon period on Regent.  The first cruises on each ship were exciting as we explored the ships and the destinations.  We are almost platinum now and not nearly as excited as we were 11 years ago.  Is that Regent’s problem?  NO.  It’s now like going home.  It’s familiar.  It’s comfortable.  We have our favorite and least favorite venues on each ship. 

And, I’m not saying that Regent should just rest on their laurels.  Changing up itineraries, entertainment, and ship activities is within the process of continual improvement that all organizations should attempt.  

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Hi Jennefer

Sheila and Herb

Hi Sheila, 

There are a few of us that monitor posts on Cruise Critic, but really the best way to reach us is through email, to ensure nothing is missed.  I believe you are in communication with my colleague Sara, but I am happy to discuss your concerns on your recent cruise.  Please reach out to me via email at jteegen@rssc.com and we can discuss further. 

Regards, 

Jennefer 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mrstanley said:

I’ve reached out to Ms Teegen several times and have received a quick response.

She’s great! So helpful!

I have had the same experience. I sent a message to her during the Christmas holidays, and it was understandably overlooked. I re-sent the message in the new year and received a prompt and substantive response.  

31 minutes ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Hi Sheila, 

There are a few of us that monitor posts on Cruise Critic, but really the best way to reach us is through email, to ensure nothing is missed.  I believe you are in communication with my colleague Sara, but I am happy to discuss your concerns on your recent cruise.  Please reach out to me via email at jteegen@rssc.com and we can discuss further. 

Regards, 

Jennefer 

Thank you for your response. I begin to feel from your answer that none of you really care if we leave Regent. Almost Platinum. I don’t understand  what Makai7 more special than us. I agree with Cruiseluv. I am sure you are really busy and I don’t want to add to your burden. 
sheila

7 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

. I begin to feel from your answer that none of you really care if we leave Regent.

Sheila, I’m not sure how you got this from Ms. Teegan’s response to you.  I hope you work it out to your satisfaction.  The whole incident may have started with the boat captain, but it seems Regent did not address what happened politely or in a timely manner.  Personnel issues won’t be shared with you but Regent should assure you that your experience was reviewed thoroughly and procedures and training put in place so it won’t be repeated.   

Your posts on CC are usually so positive.  The humiliation must have left a pretty deep wound.  I hope you can work it out with Regent, or at least find a cruise line you like as much.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Thank you for your response. I begin to feel from your answer that none of you really care if we leave Regent. Almost Platinum. I don’t understand  what Makai7 more special than us. I agree with Cruiseluv. I am sure you are really busy and I don’t want to add to your burden. 
sheila

I'm going to file this under "passive/aggressive" 😬

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, forgap said:

Sheila, I’m not sure how you got this from Ms. Teegan’s response to you.  I hope you work it out to your satisfaction.  The whole incident may have started with the boat captain, but it seems Regent did not address what happened politely or in a timely manner.  Personnel issues won’t be shared with you but Regent should assure you that your experience was reviewed thoroughly and procedures and training put in place so it won’t be repeated.   

Your posts on CC are usually so positive.  The humiliation must have left a pretty deep wound.  I hope you can work it out with Regent, or at least find a cruise line you like as much.  

Thank you for your warm response!

Regent has reached out to me. Hopefully, this can be resolved and I will continue to make Regent a big part of our lives,.. I will not respond to this matter now. 
sheila

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

Well, I’m not going to search for it, frankly I don’t care for prima donnas

4 hours ago, BuckGood said:

I wonder how some of these people are treated by their Servants at home!🤔

Wow.  I don’t understand why people feel a need for insults and personal attacks.  Is there really a purpose in this type of negativity and bullying?  Cruiseluv, You know nothing about me and choose to think the worst.  You read the boards and post often, but “can’t be bothered” to look two posts down for my detailed review?

my post was intended to be honest, yet a bit tongue in cheek instead of the usual “I hate Regent” rant by some posters.  I don’t hate Regent, I’m very disappointed in the decline of their product.  I wanted to say it in what I thought was a more humorous approach.  Guess I need to keep my day job.

I have never been called a Prima Donna in my entire life, and I have no servants… or house cleaners, landscapers, or any other hired help that I am sure many of the people on this board employ.  
We do all our maintenance on our home, and often help our neighbors with jobs like the installation of cabinets or closet hardware so they don’t have to have the expense of paying.  Over the years I have worked in food service, dry cleaners, laboratories, and manufacturing environments.  I have never treated anyone the way that is implied by calling me a Prima Donna.

We happen to be very low maintenance customers on Regent, and prefer to remain anonymous.  We do not dine with the officers (only once with the Hotel manager when we had the Grand suite).  We have wonderful interactions with the restaurant staff, who often thank us for our courtesy and patience when restaurants are busy.  We keep our cabin tidy to reduce the work of the stewards, and our butler (when we have one) always complains that we do not ask for enough or use his or her services enough.

so, judge me, insult me, do what you like.  Better yet, block me so you don’t have to suffer reading my posts.

• Like 23