Price drop question

WVU-79

I am sailing on Explorer October 2023 and noticed a price drop on the RCCL web site this morning.  I called the reservation number about a price adjustment and was told I had the best price already.  I read from the web site the price I found.  The agent said she could not reprice the fare, that I must be looking at a different category cabin.  Hung up with her and double checked cabin category.  Called back and posed the same question and was told the cabin price had increased.  Called Crown and Anchor customer service number and was told the online price I found today was for new bookings only.  First time I have had this difficulty repricing a fare.  Has anyone else had this experience?  

16 hours ago, twangster said:

What category of cabin? 

Keep in mind "balcony" is not a category.  

1D, 2D, 3D... etc. are example of balcony categories.  

Are you comparing the exact same category or the same type of cabin?

Spacious Oceanview Balcony category 2B, same deck.  

2 hours ago, WVU-79 said:

Spacious Oceanview Balcony category 2B, same deck.  

So when you're comparing prices, you have to make sure the lower price is for a 2B cabin. You can 't compare a 4B (for example) and get the lower price, it has t be for the exact same category. The deck does not matter, it's the category that matters.

27 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

So when you're comparing prices, you have to make sure the lower price is for a 2B cabin. You can 't compare a 4B (for example) and get the lower price, it has t be for the exact same category. The deck does not matter, it's the category that matters.

It was 2B to 2B

Do you happen to have a refundable deposit?  The price you see online now is the price for non-refundable deposits.  I don't think you can see the price for refundable deposits without going through the whole booking process.