Odd Pricing

Waynetor

I booked through Princess on the phone the Enchanted Princes 20 day B2B2b when the 2025 cruises opened up this week.  I looking over the bookings I see the prices are much higher than the lead in prices that had been published (part of that is guarantee vs non guarantee.   

I've booked accessible/inside cabins

When I looked closer today I see all similar cabins are gone so I looked at other inside on the same deck.  There are small differences between the cruises but as an example is a forward or aft inside is $3,050 Cdn, and mid forward or mid aft is $3,847 Cdn and a mid ship inside is $4,292.  Needing an accessible cabin we are limited to one of the 2 higher priced cabins locations.

I've never seen anything remotely close to this type of pricing range for the same cabin type and deck.  Anybody else seen this type of pricing?

I realize the mid ship will cost more but the % here is abnormal.  I checked the Jan 2024 near identical cruise and going from aft to mid-aft is about 5% increase and aft to mid ship is about 10% higher while the 2025 cruise is about 40% higher for mid ship.

I booked the 3  20 days on Wed the first day they were available.  By Friday the price had dropped about 5%.  I compared the price of doing the 20 day voyages versus B2B 10 days and got even more surprise.  Princess was saving the accessible inside cabins on deck  8 for 10 day voyages while selling the 20 day voyages using deck 9 cabins.  I have changed all my bookings to deck 8 immediately under what I had on deck 9 and saved saved over a $1,000 Cdn per 20 day segment .  There is no real diff between booking deck 8 or 9 but it unusual to have such a saving booking B2B vs a combined booking especially just after the voyages are released. 

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2023 at 10:02 PM, Waynetor said:

I booked through Princess on the phone the Enchanted Princes 20 day B2B2b when the 2025 cruises opened up this week.  I looking over the bookings I see the prices are much higher than the lead in prices that had been published (part of that is guarantee vs non guarantee.   

I've booked accessible/inside cabins

When I looked closer today I see all similar cabins are gone so I looked at other inside on the same deck.  There are small differences between the cruises but as an example is a forward or aft inside is $3,050 Cdn, and mid forward or mid aft is $3,847 Cdn and a mid ship inside is $4,292.  Needing an accessible cabin we are limited to one of the 2 higher priced cabins locations.

I've never seen anything remotely close to this type of pricing range for the same cabin type and deck.  Anybody else seen this type of pricing?

What’s most frustrating is that Princess not standing by their incorrect prices 

Edited by Cruise till you drop