I need an opinion

mvh

First off, I believe I am I correct in saying that each Gold member gets a $50 obc? My booking confirmation only has the OBC in my name. When I log in to my booking, it shows my wife's Voyager number in one spot, but not the other and I cannot add it in the other spot. My question is, should I bother calling to have such a simple thing added or should I wait and try to get it on board? Is there really a possibility they could screw this up and charge me the current rate for my room which is about $400 more now? Anyone experienced this issue?  Thx

7 minutes ago, mvh said:

First off, I believe I am I correct in saying that each Gold member gets a $50 obc? My booking confirmation only has the OBC in my name. When I log in to my booking, it shows my wife's Voyager number in one spot, but not the other and I cannot add it in the other spot. My question is, should I bother calling to have such a simple thing added or should I wait and try to get it on board? Is there really a possibility they could screw this up and charge me the current rate for my room which is about $400 more now? Anyone experienced this issue?  Thx

I have called 3x & things have always gotten resolved (typically fairly quickly) so I would do that as it does seem your wife should have it as well.

NOW--my upcoming cruises showed a higher rate when I went to make the final payment. I called & was able to get this rectified, tho it did take about an hour on the phone. They were very attentive & checked in with me every 5 min. that I was on hold assuring me the corrections were being made (after I sent emails with the original invoices). So if the price does appear higher than your original invoice, they will correct it.

Edited by KKB

The $50 credit is based on booking 9-12 months in advance.  Assuming you booked together you should both have it.  Be careful in adjusting....if your're out of the "9-12 month range" you could lose what you have.

Maybe the $50 credit is for something else...like part of the booking promotion.

I always end up having to call to have my spouse's VC number added properly after I book online in order to get both the OBC and the points for the trip. The website never lets me add that information, but I also don't see it show up anywhere.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:12 AM, mvh said:

#1) ANYTHING can happen with your current booking

#2) ZERO chance of you getting it once onboard

To me, not worth potentially messing things up.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:22 AM, lovemycruisetoo said:

Try sending an email to mscexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com and ask them to add it. 

I sent an email to above and they replied "yes it's not showing, so please call the 800 Reservation number".