Transatlantic Nov 20 Lisbon-Miami price reduction

Sue Sweeney

I had a deposit on the Nov 20, 2023, transatlantic cruise LIsbon -Miami on Marina.   My travel agent called me last week to say that Oceania had lowered the prices on this cruise (over 30% savings).  She was able to cancel the first reservation and rebook me at the new price.  

If you are booked on this cruise you should check into getting the new price.  Any current reservation can be cancelled without penalty till May 23, so there is no cost to make the change right now.

And new reservations will also be able to get the reduced rate.

(I believe you have to use a travel agent to get this rate, for new or existing reservations)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sue Sweeney said:

... (I believe you have to use a travel agent to get this rate, for new or existing reservations)

No, I called my O rep (no TA for us) and I changed BOTH 10-night segments of our Oct-Nov B2B on Riviera. Did NOT have to cancel & rebook. Just changed them both. Upgraded cabins and saved over $1360. And I had previously upgraded one segment off a cabin-upgrade sale in 2022. A B3 for $1749 PP and an A3 for $1899 PP. Fire sale pricing here!

5 minutes ago, Sue Sweeney said:

... Usually savings like these don't appear till after final payment.

This is the Extraordinary Savings Sale. The 3rd major "sale" of 2023 but the first with serious cabin-upgrade savings. O didn't have a 2023 Presidents' Day cabin-upgrade sale as they did in 2021 and 2022. So O has widely publicized this in sending out brochures and on their website.

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

We are on this but Nov 13, from bcn to Mia. Only the LIS to Mia is on sale.

Is anyone else on the 20 days and could take advantage of the sale?

Our TA, said we have the better deal and that's that.

I looked at a site that shows the sale price.  For example a B2 BCN to MIA is USD $5199pp and if you break the 2 cruises up it is 2699and 2239 for a total of $4938.  That's a $161 savings.  Whether you would get a 5% discount for booking 2 back to back cuises, I don't know.  The categories have to be available and right now they are.

• Thanks 1

If the agent could just have O, reduce the total price, but that is not how it works.

When we booked in Oct of 2021, we got air pp for 600 plus prem econ for 149pp, now prem econ is 649...and flight who knows...

I'm sure this would be lost with the repricing..

Would be great if our Ta could get O to give us a few more obcs to help with gratuities,  but we don't have that kind of TA.

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

I looked at a site that shows the sale price.  For example a B2 BCN to MIA is USD $5199pp and if you break the 2 cruises up it is 2699and 2239 for a total of $4938.  That's a $161 savings.  Whether you would get a 5% discount for booking 2 back to back cuises...

Though just looking at the ESS brochure they mailed. The ROME to MIAMI 15 day on Sirena, Nov 13-28, is on p. 37. That cruise has Cruise-Only Veranda at $2799 PP. Quite the sale price!

44 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I hope people are taking full advantage of this sale. Have not seen anything like this before. But I have only been watching O in the last two years. 

We weren't smart enough to book anything on this list.....3 VISTA cruises in 2023 and 3 Marina cruises in Fall of 2024.....congratulations to all of you that were able to have a cruise on the list or able to book a cruise on the list!

• Like 1

Could not resist this sale.  Just spoke to TA, booking an A3, the cabin I requested for the Nov 20 LIS-MIA. On top of the great rate I used a FCC I was just issued for my upcoming Regatta refund because it too was part of the ESS. A win for me all the way around as I am a solo paying double as it is. This just blew me away. So now to the planning stages, even found a comfort plus seat NONSTOP Bos-Lis on Delta for under $800. Now to book the Avenida Palace, staying here for sentimental reason. I spent 9 days in a horrible hospital in Lisbon in 2019 whilst my DH got to stay at the Palace.  This was after my "free" O cruise where I was SOOO sick.  My doc thinks it may have been Covid as it was just before it got to the States. My DH died during lockdown (not covid) in 2020. He would be thrilled I am able to do this.

I am so very excited.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DOJO466 said:

Could not resist this sale.  Just spoke to TA, booking an A3, the cabin I requested for the Nov 20 LIS-MIA. On top of the great rate I used a FCC I was just issued for my upcoming Regatta refund because it too was part of the ESS. A win for me all the way around as I am a solo paying double as it is. This just blew me away. So now to the planning stages, even found a comfort plus seat NONSTOP Bos-Lis on Delta for under $800. Now to book the Avenida Palace, staying here for sentimental reason. I spent 9 days in a horrible hospital in Lisbon in 2019 whilst my DH got to stay at the Palace.  This was after my "free" O cruise where I was SOOO sick.  My doc thinks it may have been Covid as it was just before it got to the States. My DH died during lockdown (not covid) in 2020. He would be thrilled I am able to do this.

I am so very excited.

Deb  enjoy the cruises

Jim would be happy you are  cruising again

Stay well

Lyn

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mbswfla said:

My husband and I are also staying at the Avenida Palace in Lisbon for 2 nights before the cruise.  Maybe we can meet?  

Mary

Most certainly, I would love to meet up. 

19 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

I am so very excited.

That $800 seat now appears close to $1200......oh well..

21 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

I am so very excited.

Deb,

Glad to see you are cruising again..

Jancruz1

9 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I have not heard back from anyone that is doing the 20 days and booked before the sale, that they were able to have their TA persuade O to make adjustments in their favour.

Did you ask on the roll calls ??

Maybe no one can get the deal either  if they booked  as  a GV

5 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

yes asked on roll call...

no one that I know of has a GV....

because this is 20 days and can be booked as 13 or 7 or 20 , it is much more complex when only one leg, the 13 days is on sale....

Why not  just  cancel & do the segment that has the sale  price  

You will be getting your  discount   that way 😈

nope...want the 20 days

and have a prem econ for 149 for one way....air with O, much less than I could find myself...

also have prep grat for the first 7 days, ,would lose all of it if rebooked...booking my own air would eat up the discount from the sale...

I dont know who, but someone said that their agent was not able to get them the lower price without losing what they had..so ultimately the sale was not a sale for them...but ...and yes here comes the but and must be a very rare case, wish I knew who said it...

as GOOD WILL , O gave them some OBCs.... and O sure didnt have to do that....

Edited by jonthomas