Coronation celebrations

Sue-B

Quick question! Does anyone know of any details on what the Cunard coronation celebrations might be onboard in a few weeks time?  I know someone had posted a while back to say there was a real party atmosphere for the jubilee - so fingers crossed for something like that on the lovely QV in a couple of weeks - but interested if anyone had heard or seen anything anywhere with any details?

This doesn't provide much detail but I'll transcribe an excerpt from a video interview I found with Matt Gleaves, Cunard's VP, Commercial - North America and Australasia. One of the questions he was asked was about Cunard's plans for the King's coronation. Here is his response.

"We've been linked to royalty for a number of years, so you know we'll make sure we celebrate [the King's coronation] really well. We'll keep some of the plans top secret for now, but there will be various different people on board who have experienced the Royal Family that will be talking to our guests. We'll obviously do some signature pieces with our dining and our beverage option on board the ships. So yeah we'll absolutely be marking the occasion and making a celebration."

You've mentioned QV specifically, but I'll add that one of the Insights Guest Lecturers on QM2 will be the curator of the Guards Museum in London. He will be tailoring one of his talks to the King's coronation.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sue-B said:

Quick question! Does anyone know of any details on what the Cunard coronation celebrations might be onboard in a few weeks time?  I know someone had posted a while back to say there was a real party atmosphere for the jubilee - so fingers crossed for something like that on the lovely QV in a couple of weeks - but interested if anyone had heard or seen anything anywhere with any details?

We are on QV this coming Thursday with Lisbon being the port of call for Coronation day, plan to decorate cabin nearer the day with some bunting hoping there is something on the day we were on QM2 last July 4th docked in Boston lots going on that day with big screen on the top deck live streaming a concert plus bbq, think from memory the menu was tweaked in the Britannia too celebrate,lots of guests dresses in red white and blue so certainly added to the occasion.

Sue 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 6:08 AM, Mr Blue Sky said:

we were on QM2 last July 4th docked in Boston lots going on that day with big screen on the top deck live streaming a concert plus bbq, think from memory the menu was tweaked in the Britannia too celebrate,lots of guests dresses in red white and blue so certainly added to the occasion.

Sue 

Did they throw some tea into the harbor?

8 hours ago, Mr Blue Sky said:

Hi Rothko1, We did not see this on the day but there was certainly lots of celebrations going on in Boston was a fun day, we caught the reading of the constitution by chance. 

Mrs Blue Sky 

Don't you call it "Good Riddance Day" in Britain?

I think I can provide the answer to Bell Boy's post.

Delivered to my Queen Victoria cabin today. The second page was a booking form inviting people to submit today by 1 pm, and then the onboard Voyage Sales team would in touch regarding a deposit.

Cruise number M311E.

IMG_20230426_072238.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pushpit said:

I think I can provide the answer to Bell Boy's post.

Delivered to my Queen Victoria cabin today. The second page was a booking form inviting people to submit today by 1 pm, and then the onboard Voyage Sales team would in touch regarding a deposit.

Cruise number M311E.

IMG_20230426_072238.jpg

I must say it's a little bit annoying that those of us still on QM2 did not get this notice - it would have saved Cunard paying for our flights back to the US if we had wanted to book!

5 hours ago, T5LHR said:

How can it be on sale with TAs but not with Cunard yet? 

Don't know but I have received an email from one TA with prices for all grades of cabins and also seen at least one other advertising it on Faceache.

9 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Don't know but I have received an email from one TA with prices for all grades of cabins and also seen at least one other advertising it on Faceache.

I've had four offering to take advance registration.  I'm a bit confused there's a story on the Cunard website announcing the sailing but no booking facility. Perhaps it will upload overnight ready for the sale tomorrow.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

The agent I spoke to this evening is just taking booking details, they won't have access to inventory till everyone else does at 13:00 tomorrow. She did say to me that there is a possibility that if I make a pre-registered booking with them, it might not go through. So I am not going to risk it, and try and book myself. 

25 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I've had four offering to take advance registration.  I'm a bit confused there's a story on the Cunard website announcing the sailing but no booking facility. Perhaps it will upload overnight ready for the sale tomorrow.

Nothing new.

When schedules are announced ahead of open booking, the price of the basic grade of each category is shown, as in this case with the booking going live at the appointed date and hour which in this case, is tomorrow.

Admittedly, it's usually listed on the 'main' list of itineraries but as this is a sort of shake down/ 'let's hope the Old Girl works' cruise, it gets preferential stand alone treatment.

Good luck to all who hope to book. If she works, it will be a fabulous few days and the price...utter WOW!  🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, T5LHR said:

The agent I spoke to this evening is just taking booking details, they won't have access to inventory till everyone else does at 13:00 tomorrow. She did say to me that there is a possibility that if I make a pre-registered booking with them, it might not go through. So I am not going to risk it, and try and book myself. 

Can't you do both?

If you can arrange to be in contact with your agent through a messaging app you could both be trying and the first to get through tells the other to step down.