How many of us have long nails / painted nails / nail art?

shipgeeks

• 2 weeks later...

If you're curious about exploring different nail ideas, Duke's Avenue offers an array of short nail designs that might catch your interest. It's cool to see how diverse these designs can be, ranging from subtle to bold.

It's true, sometimes we might not pay much attention to nails, but they can also be an interesting canvas for creativity. Whether short, long, painted, or not, the beauty lies in what makes each person feel comfortable and confident.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 8:38 PM, PurpleHays said:

I have "nurse nails." Short, natural, and none the same length.

I'm not a nurse, but I have the same nails!  I do make an effort to "fancy them up" a bit for vacations.  

On 4/23/2023 at 8:38 PM, PurpleHays said:

I don't know how women function with some of the crazy long nails I've seen.

A surprising number of my high school students always have long, fancy, professionally-done nails -- and that's not the greatest choice, given that so much of our work is on computer now.  Some of these girls literally can't type normally; they have to turn their fingers sideways and use the "hunt and peck method".  I've seen some of them "type" using the eraser end of a pencil.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm not a nurse, but I have the same nails!  I do make an effort to "fancy them up" a bit for vacations.  

A surprising number of my high school students always have long, fancy, professionally-done nails -- and that's not the greatest choice, given that so much of our work is on computer now.  Some of these girls literally can't type normally; they have to turn their fingers sideways and use the "hunt and peck method".  I've seen some of them "type" using the eraser end of a pencil.  

When we went on our first vacation in almost three years in the fall of 2022, I did gels for about two months. By they end, they were too long for me, even though they weren't all that long. I'm just so used to short nails.

I've seen some women use the tips of those super long nails to type. I always wonder how they do self-care. . .

I keep my nails fairly short but always have the dip manicure on them.  I go every other week to get them done.  Lately i have been going with the chrome look.  I guess people do notice since I am always getting compliments on them.  I work with animals so need short, stronger nails and the dip really keeps them from breaking.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 9:31 AM, PurpleHays said:

I've seen some women use the tips of those super long nails to type. I always wonder how they do self-care. .

I like to keep my nails long with any overlay of gel. For decades I could never grow them due to them peeling so I am glad to finally have long nails. Yes I can type obviously and use the pads of my fingers, but I have never been a fast typer even with short nails. I can also do gardening, cooking, cleaning the house and "self-care'.

Some very judgemental comments here. If you want short nails fine, but some people like me like to have long nails.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 1

I'm now on my second fill of BIAB overlays, and my nails are consistently longer than they've ever been, although I have had them filed down somewhat each fill - because I spend so much time typing (and I am a fast/touch typer), super long nails don't work for me. I don't judge people who have long nails, I just don't understand how they work - my life is just not long-nail friendly. 

On 10/16/2023 at 7:05 PM, frantic36 said:

I like to keep my nails long with any overlay of gel. For decades I could never grow them due to them peeling so I am glad to finally have long nails. Yes I can type obviously and use the pads of my fingers, but I have never been a fast typer even with short nails. I can also do gardening, cooking, cleaning the house and "self-care'.

Some very judgemental comments here. If you want short nails fine, but some people like me like to have long nails.

I'm not sure why you think my comment was judgmental. It was purely observational as 3-4" nails seem difficult to complete daily care routines. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I'm not sure why you think my comment was judgmental. It was purely observational as 3-4" nails seem difficult to complete daily care routines. 

I don’t recall you mentioning 3-4”nails if so I understand. My nails are long about 1cm over fingertip. Maybe all my years nursing and needing to use Tweezers in dressings taught me how to cope.

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2023 at 3:14 AM, frantic36 said:

I don’t recall you mentioning 3-4”nails if so I understand. My nails are long about 1cm over fingertip. Maybe all my years nursing and needing to use Tweezers in dressings taught me how to cope.

It's impressive that you've managed to keep your nails long, especially with a background in nursing where precision is key. Kudos to you for rocking those nails!
I'm totally into different nail designs myself, and it's fascinating how nail art can be a form of self-expression. Lately, I've been exploring nail ideas for short nails, and it's amazing how creativity knows no bounds, regardless of nail length.
Whether your nails are long or short, it's all about feeling confident and showcasing your unique style.

Edited by Zayanwong
  • Like 1

Getting my nails done every three weeks in my only self-care. I work in education as a paraprofessional. I’ve had minimal nail art (one tiny Mickey Mouse face - three tiny black dots no eyes - or a single palm leaf when on a cruise last spring.). I keep them about one-quarter or so inch past my finger and almond shaped. They are currently a blackberry color but I like to change the shades with the seasons (or travel) based on my skin tone.

image.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zayanwong said:

It's impressive that you've managed to keep your nails long, especially with a background in nursing where precision is key. Kudos to you for rocking those nails!
I'm totally into different nail designs myself, and it's fascinating how nail art can be a form of self-expression. Lately, I've been exploring nail ideas for short nails, and it's amazing how creativity knows no bounds, regardless of nail length.
Whether your nails are long or short, it's all about feeling confident and showcasing your unique style.

I kept my nails short while nursing. Now I’m retired they are an indulgence 😊.

Totally agree it is about what makes you happy.

• Like 3