Flights by Celebrity - checking for price drops

bebe08

We have booked Flights by Celebrity and are wondering how to check for price drops.  With HAL it is very easy to check fo price drops and rebook all online....but I don't see a way to do this with Celebrity other than to do a mock booking and check the flights.  Then I assume we would have to call to get the lower price.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

Jumping into this thread because could not find another that addressed my question.  We hoped to book flights through Celebrity for a cruise next year.  But all I can find searching on Celebrity website is United Airlines.  We would be flying from IAH (Houston) to SCL (Santiago, Chile) and returning from Buenos Aires.  American Airlines has great flights for this trip but Celebrity offers booking only with United.  Does Celebrity not partner with American Airlines?

7 minutes ago, sailingjudy said:

Jumping into this thread because could not find another that addressed my question.  We hoped to book flights through Celebrity for a cruise next year.  But all I can find searching on Celebrity website is United Airlines.  We would be flying from IAH (Houston) to SCL (Santiago, Chile) and returning from Buenos Aires.  American Airlines has great flights for this trip but Celebrity offers booking only with United.  Does Celebrity not partner with American Airlines?

It is worth calling FBC directly if you have a pair of flights that you are interested in booking or getting a quote.  Not sure why AA is not showing up.  It's not because they are excluded.

• Thanks 2

However, with the information above being very true, when I tried to change some flights due to a price drop, I was told “no” because there was a sale going on, so I could not get the sale price unless I repriced my cruise.  Yes, I did call back and speak with a supervisor, but the answer was exactly the same!  FYI!

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Lastdance said:

However, with the information above being very true, when I tried to change some flights due to a price drop, I was told “no” because there was a sale going on, so I could not get the sale price unless I repriced my cruise.  Yes, I did call back and speak with a supervisor, but the answer was exactly the same!  FYI!

I assume you have not yet made your final payment.  You can always cancel your current reservation.  Then go back into your reservation and get a new price.  There is a risk that the price will be higher.

Or better yet.  You could find someone on your roll call that has not booked Celebrity Air to check the pricing on their reservation,  

10 hours ago, sailingjudy said:

The airline and flight options change often closer to your sailing date. I have had that experience more than once. I changed flight reservations a number of times for some cruises, moving from one airline to another because of new options.

I have just started looking for flights for next March/April. Only Air Canada and United flights are available at this time. I am confident that American Airlines and Delta flights will be available at some point. 

Be prepared to check for better flights and lower fares. The problem I have run into in the past is that the Flights by Celebrity website didn’t display real time pricing. So, a phone call was always necessary to confirm availability of flights/fares. Quite often, the fare shown on the website wasn’t available when I called Flights by Celebrity. But persistence paid off and I was able to get the flights I wanted for each of my cruises. 

Edited by cruisin lady ca
  • Thanks 2