Live: Beyond TA: April 23 - MAY 7; 8 Day Adriatic: May 7 - May 15 & Sorrento

Lastdance

Kudos to our private guide, Earaldo; he is part race car driver, photo enthusiast and knows everyone on the Island.  Originally from Athens, he returned to Zakynthos six months ago from living in England that gave him that British accent.  His personality is very easy-going and just wants you to be happy and enjoy life!  Every time I try to post his photo, it comes out up-side-down, even if so change it, so  I am adding a photo of him wearing the blue jacket.

IMG_2271.jpeg

• Like 1

Going through the Strait of Messina the weather was anything, but cooperative.  One of our glasses, in our cabin, went flying when we made the turn; thankfully it did not break.  So many clouds, periods of rain and wind were just the norm.  The video is not of good quality…sorry!

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

When we arrived, at the Port of Naples, our last port stop of the cruise, we found it gloomy, noisy and quite windy.  Yes, it was also a bit cool.  Italy has been cloudy with periods of rain for day; that hasn’t changed since after we left Civi.  Besides a rain jacket and/or umbrella, there is nothing more you can do when going outside.  Since we have been here many times, both of us decided to cancel going back to Capri by ferry, but it might be included once we arrive in Sorrento for our stay.  Going to the gym is always a good choice, as it is not crowded.

IMG_2383.jpeg

IMG_2384.jpeg

IMG_2382.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

For four nights, we have enjoyed dinner with lovely people from Florida.  They have made the almost two hour process funny and full of interesting stories, as both have worked as pilots.  Also, our waitstaff has been fantastic too in Cosmopolitan on deck four; we made it our go to restaurant because of this!

• Like 3

This is our last night onboard beautiful Beyond, before we depart tomorrow morning to our next home in Sorrento for the week.  Needless to say, departing(debarking) is bittersweet, but can tell you that I have written more lovely notes about crew/staff than ever before, not to mention extra tips for such excellent service in a suite and SV.  My details were spot on and characterized each specialization.  We are now  part of Beyond’s family and cannot wait to embark again on her in December.  What a fabulous effort made to make our vacation so special!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Our drive from Civi to Sorrento was filled with gloomy and dark skies, but the drive and coastline was still awesome.  We arrived in Sorrento in great spirits!  All this deluge of rain is very, very unusual; however, the bright rain gear and umbrellas, along with small bursts of blue sky do not disappoint!

I had the most amazing fettuccini bolognese for dinner that was so fresh, it melted in my mouth…sorry, but my hunger superseded my photos!

IMG_2388.jpeg

IMG_2389.jpeg

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2402.jpeg

IMG_2399.jpeg

IMG_2397.jpeg

• Like 5

So, we are trying to find a day for Capri, as Ravello and Positano we have seen several times; however, we have only been to Capri once.  The weather is just not cooperating, at least for us to take the fast ferry…€41 pp R/T.  Anyway, we have lots of time and hoping for Thursday, or possibly Friday.  
We took the Lift down for some photos and lots of long walks by the shore…
The last photo is inside, after we go through the first door.  There is an elevator that we take up to the the top floor of our Airbnb.

IMG_2418.jpeg

IMG_2407.jpeg

IMG_2406.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg

IMG_2408.jpeg

IMG_2409.jpeg

IMG_2410.jpeg

IMG_2411.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_2409.jpeg

IMG_2417.jpeg

IMG_2405.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 7

On 5/16/2023 at 9:55 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

Nice view from your Airbnb! Is the unit as nice? Enjoying all your posts and the pics, thanks for sharing!

The unit/flat is updated quite well and has great security.  Two TV’s , but all Italian…not even BBC, but not an issue.

• Like 1

Capri was just gorgeous, but by afternoon it was extremely crowded because the weather was perfect.  We took the furniclar and just walked all over, stopping for a nice lunch and a well needed rest.  I did not buy anything at Prada!

IMG_2430.jpeg

IMG_2431.jpeg

IMG_2433.jpeg

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2436.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

IMG_2440.jpeg

IMG_2439.jpeg

IMG_2438.jpeg

IMG_2442.jpeg

IMG_2443.jpeg

IMG_2446.jpeg

IMG_2447.jpeg

IMG_2444.jpeg

IMG_2449.jpeg

• Like 7

Today was very long, warm at times, but enjoyable to revisit Positano and Amalfi(Town).  We took the ferry to Positano in the morning; about a 70 minute ride to a lovely city.  If you have been there before, everything is up and down.  During our last visit, we had lunch in a restaurant that was built into the hill, overlooking the beautiful coast.  This time, we came by sea, so making it up to the main road was not an option, but lots of shopping, walking and a great stop for lunch proved to be excellent.  A few photos:

IMG_2462.jpeg

IMG_2453.jpeg

IMG_2452.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

IMG_2471.jpeg

IMG_2469.jpeg

IMG_2468.jpeg

IMG_2460.jpeg

IMG_2449.jpeg

• Like 3

The next stop was Amalfi; it was so crowded that we could hardly move.  Oh how my thoughts led me back to Beyond.  No cold towns; however, lots of great views…the last photo is the hike back up the cliffs to Sorrento, where are temporary home was waiting.  It had just been fully cleaned.  how nice it was to open  all the special doors and take a lift to our place.  We were exhausted!  There were a few adorable dogs with us on the ferries; however, I forgot to take photos!

IMG_2473.jpeg

IMG_2472.jpeg

IMG_2476.jpeg

IMG_2477.jpeg

IMG_2478.jpeg

IMG_2479.jpeg

IMG_2480.jpeg

IMG_2485.jpeg

IMG_2487.jpeg

IMG_2488.jpeg

• Like 5

Presently, we are just relaxing, taking in the ambiance of people watching while enjoying our cappuccino’s and croissants.  
“Gentile” is a perfect place for this because it is away from the crowds, but has plenty of outside space with cushioned chairs.  The lady who owns the place told me to never put butter, or anything on a plain croissant because hers are so excellent; she was right!

There is a great market not far from the main square, Piazza Tasso, that is two blocks away called “Market.”  It is easy to miss because the store front is so small.  You can buy anything you need and prices are quite good.  Of course, there are small family markets with great produce etc.

Chocolate brown poodles are very popular, as are Bichon Frise’s to see all over these small cities.  They are very friendly and do not seem to mind the crowds.

This photo is looking the opposite way down our little street…the second photo shows two Bichons meeting!

IMG_2426.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Presently, we are just relaxing, taking in the ambiance of people watching while enjoying our cappuccino’s and croissants.  
“Gentile” is a perfect place for this because it is away from the crowds, but has plenty of outside space with cushioned chairs.  The lady who owns the place told me to never put butter, or anything on a plain croissant because hers are so excellent; she was right!

There is a great market not far from the main square, Piazza Tasso, that is two blocks away called “Market.”  It is easy to miss because the store front is so small.  You can buy anything you need and prices are quite good.  Of course, there are small family markets with great produce etc.

Chocolate brown poodles are very popular, as are Bichon Frise’s to see all over these small cities.  They are very friendly and do not seem to mind the crowds.

This photo is looking the opposite way down our little street…the second photo shows two Bichons meeting!

IMG_2426.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg

Your accommodation sounds perfect 😍 Would you mind posting a link (when you’ve left of course). We’ve been to Sorrento before and wish to return next year. 

• Like 1

We head home next Tuesday, feeling very excited to get back to our own home, in such a beautiful area, in the States.  United upgraded us to biz class, so those great lie flat seats will be a welcome to our 12 hour flight to SFO from ZUR.  Anyway, we are lucky to live 20 minutes from Tahoe, along with a great view from our backyard, so going home is also like a vacation!

I was going to write The End, but with me there is always room for more posts until we leave…

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_2149.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JintyGirl said:

Your accommodation sounds perfect 😍 Would you mind posting a link (when you’ve left of course). We’ve been to Sorrento before and wish to return next year. 

If I do not by the end of my journey, just ask again.  Also, you can go on Airbnb and search Sorrento.  You cannot drive to this location, but have to pull your luggage about 500 ft up a light incline, but once you get settled, everything works quite well.  

• Like 1

My personal recommendations for Sorrento  (which you may have discovered already). 1. A’Marenna sandwich shop - very busy and you’ll probably have to queue, but worth the wait. 
2. Foreigners Club terrace - the view over the Bay of Naples is amazing. The front of the building resembles a 1970s municipal building, and upon entry you’ll think you’re in the wrong place, but if you walk through the back there is a huge restaurant and outdoor terrace. 😊

16 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

We head home next Tuesday, feeling very excited to get back to our own home, in such a beautiful area, in the States.  United upgraded us to biz class, so those great lie flat seats will be a welcome to our 12 hour flight to SFO from ZUR.  Anyway, we are lucky to live 20 minutes from Tahoe, along with a great view from our backyard, so going home is also like a vacation!

I was going to write The End, but with me there is always room for more posts until we leave…

Thanks for all the photos.  It’s been great following along with your travels.   We’re doing a similar journey next year, but not with b2b.   But that has me thinking now… 

You certainly live a beautiful part of the country, so it must be like a vacation.   Lake Tahoe is amazing.   I love it there.  

Safe travels and thanks again for the great posts!  

• Thanks 1