How to book a car from Rome Cruiseport to my Rome Hotel?

Trish5792

it was previously suggested to me that Rome Chauffeurs was a reliable car service to use.  However, since it took forever and a day from the Travel Agent to get back to me regarding any transfers included in my package, I waited too long and now the day I am arriving is all booked.

Any other suggestions of reliable car services.  I hestiate to rely only on the train as I have read stories of Italy trains unreliability and also have reliable information regarding this as my daughter has been in italy for the past few months and has experienced this.

Please help.  At a loss as to what to do and my Travel Agent who was supposed to help me wont answer my emails or calls. (guess the commission isnt big enoug) 😞

35 minutes ago, Trish5792 said:

it was previously suggested to me that Rome Chauffeurs was a reliable car service to use.  However, since it took forever and a day from the Travel Agent to get back to me regarding any transfers included in my package, I waited too long and now the day I am arriving is all booked.

Any other suggestions of reliable car services.  I hestiate to rely only on the train as I have read stories of Italy trains unreliability and also have reliable information regarding this as my daughter has been in italy for the past few months and has experienced this.

Please help.  At a loss as to what to do and my Travel Agent who was supposed to help me wont answer my emails or calls. (guess the commission isnt big enoug) 😞

https://www.romecabs.com/transferservice/civitavecchia/

Edited by marazul
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Trish5792 said:

Try using an app called Blacklane. We used it extensively in Italy with really good results. You can book a ride through it in advance, the cost displayed is all inclusive, and the cars we were provided were new and the drivers very professional. 

It is essentially an aggregator of limousines and will connect you with local companies you would never be able to find on your own. All communication is through the app. They are used by a number of major airlines so very legit and our experience, over about 8-9 rides, was flawless. 

I have recently discovered the Civitavecchia Port service.

And, two couples sharing a private transfer would be a really great and reasonably priced option to get us from Rome to the ship earlier than any shared transfer service that I am seeing.

A transfer for two is pricey, but I believe less than Rome in Limo.

I would be happy for any feedback if anyone here uses this service!

We booked a SharedShuttle.com and have space available from the port of Civitavecchia to Rome City Center at the end of our cruise. I thought the price of 80e for 2 of us with luggage was pretty reasonable. On their website, you can easily find the day you would like to travel and if there is a group, you can join, or make your own group. Hope it works out. 

Here's the link if you would like to try here. 

Shared Shuttle

Have you looked at CivitavecchiaPort.org web page?  Our cruise ship arrives at Civitavecchia on May 22 and we will spend a week in Rome and Florence before heading home. I was also at a loss looking for transfers from the port to our hotel in Rome until I stumbled upon the above information. It appears to me that the port authority provides transportation to cruise passengers wishing to go to Rome. It looks like a well organized and legitimate transfer service.  I went ahead and booked a private car transfer for us (my significant other and myself) at the cost of EU145.  It is cancellable. I received the e-mail confirming my reservation right away.  Their web page has a phone number that you can call.  You might want to try them. Hope this is helpful. If you find a better arrangement, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share the information.