Booked online for the first time and I have a question.

Mike981

Is there any advantage to transfer my booking to a Celebrity certified vacation planner? I want to keep all communication directly with Celebrity, in case there are issues. I lost my TA a couple of years ago, so I don't have anyone I can rely on especially during off hours.

25 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Is there any advantage to transfer my booking to a Celebrity certified vacation planner? I want to keep all communication directly with Celebrity, in case there are issues. I lost my TA a couple of years ago, so I don't have anyone I can rely on especially during off hours.

I use a CVP, and find it's a great help.  You have a primary point of contact at Celebrity, but if you want to make a change you can deal with anyone at Celebrity, and don't particularly have to contact the CVP.  This is super helpful if you see a price drop or upgrade opportunity after hours or whatnot.

Also, having a CVP is helpful for future bookings, as you'll have that relationship in place already.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Thanks 1

I had a great TA with his own company until he had a stroke.   That is when the problems began.   All correspondence and everything else was gone.    I couldn’t make any changes in cabins, get verifications, price adjustments and etc.   

His secretary was useless.  He finally recovered enough to transfer everything to another agency.   They weren’t very responsive to my questions or interested in making a booking.    I would ask for a quote and may get a response 3 or more days later.   This happened during Covid and there was a lot of cruises cancelled 

I have now started booking thru a big box warehouse that is really helpful and responsive.  I learned that if the category isn’t shown on the website to give them a call.  I alway call to make a reservation. They always answer within a 5 minutes and are available 

They are available 7 to 7 M F and 8 to 5 Sa S.  pacific time because they are based in Seattle.  

I get a store gift card and using my membership and the CC another 5% rebate 

I don’t know if they participate in the move up and don’t care.   I book what I want and willing to pay.   I don’t want to pay more because it is a “bargain” for something I didn’t want when I booked.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

Last year I priced a cruise on the Celebrity website and did not like the price. I called celebrity and must have gotten the right person as she came up with a price that was $800-$1000 less then the website amount and her price included the drinks, tips and wi-fi. You just need to be lucky as to who you speak to. I then transferred the booking to a TA for an additional discount.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Yes, we have two Celebrity Planners. Much easier to email them or leave a direct number voicemail and ask for a phone call back than hang on the general line to speak to an unknown agent possibly with less knowledge or experience. We have two we liaise with in case we need to do something quickly as sometimes when you phone the message will say they are out of the office until a specified date.

We rarely have issues with our bookings but when we occasionally have we have always felt the planners we have see us as ‘their clients’ and on are ‘on our side’ wanting to resolve things to our satisfaction. 

12 hours ago, miched said:

I have now started booking thru a big box warehouse that is really helpful and responsive.  I learned that if the category isn’t shown on the website to give them a call.  I alway call to make a reservation. They always answer within a 5 minutes and are available 

I get a store gift card and using my membership and the CC another 5% rebate

Bang on !!

Been doing that for " years " ( since my assigned Celebrity Agent " never'' called back --- probably working on his golf game ). Whatever !!

I usually book on board and the Celebrity Agent transfers the booking to Big Box Travel immediately --- nothing on the booking changes --- from then on any questions, inquiries, are handled through them--- while I'm on the line ( available all day ) they call Celebrity for " whatever ".

Never had a bad Agent -- and the Gift Card ( value around 8-9% of the cost of the cruise ) arrives by email shortly after the cruise.

If I book on line , there is a form to fill out requesting the transfer. Takes a little while for processing, but, never experienced a problem.

( If the Moderator removes this reply, I totally respect their decision ).

• Like 1