7 day California Coastal Cruise on the Royal Princess

trbarton

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for taking the time to do a Live From! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!"

trbarton was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hello from the Tom Barton Fan Club. 

I’m currently on the Royal Princess from San Francisco 7 day Coastal cruise. Astoria, Ore, Seattle, Wa, Vancouver BC, & Victoria BC.

The weather has been OK but the seas have been a little choppy. 

Today leaving Astoria we were delayed leaving 1 hr because of the winds. Tomorrow we arrive in Seattle about 1 hr late. 

I’m in stateroom E319 which is an Obstructed Deluxe Balcony. 

We’ve had music of Elton John & Elvis. Our 1st Production show was Encore. 

Our Cruise Director Cortnne Steel,  just returned from her holiday. She remembered me as a trouble maker which I enjoy the title. 

I’ve added a photo of myself dancing with other friends. 

The staff has been excellent & I have a group for the Chef’s Table.  There are 80 people on a waiting list. Much appreciated that they are having a special dinner just for our Cruise Critic Group.

We had about 20 people for our Meet & Greet along with a number of officers plus a group photo. 

After this cruise the Alaska Season starts. 

I’ll post more when I can. 

Tom😀

IMG_8865.jpeg

IMG_8866.jpeg

IMG_8867.jpeg

IMG_8868.jpeg

IMG_8869.jpeg

IMG_8870.jpeg

IMG_8874.jpeg

IMG_8875.jpeg

IMG_8882.jpeg

IMG_8885.jpeg

IMG_8896.jpeg

IMG_8901.jpeg

IMG_8910.jpeg

IMG_8916.jpeg

IMG_8917.jpeg

IMG_8922.jpeg

IMG_8924.jpeg

IMG_8928.jpeg

IMG_8958.jpeg

IMG_8968.jpeg

IMG_8984.jpeg

IMG_8976.jpeg

IMG_8921.jpeg

IMG_8878.jpeg

• Like 1

Today we were in Seattle. I have a cousin here & he was our tour guide & we went to many places. Great weather today. 

Here’s some photos of our tour around Seattle. 

I have photos from the Seattle Main Library, Pikes Market Place, some of the buildings in downtown Seattle & our Chef’s dinner something not to be missed. 

There is an alleyway where people for years have put their gum. 

Enjoy my photos. 

Tom😀

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_9003.jpeg

IMG_9004.jpeg

IMG_9006.jpeg

IMG_9007.jpeg

IMG_9008.jpeg

IMG_9011.jpeg

IMG_9013.jpeg

IMG_9014.jpeg

IMG_9015.jpeg

IMG_9016.jpeg

IMG_9018.jpeg

IMG_9019.jpeg

IMG_9020.jpeg

IMG_9022.jpeg

IMG_9024.jpeg

IMG_9026.jpeg

IMG_9027.jpeg

IMG_9033.jpeg

IMG_9035.jpeg

IMG_9036.jpeg

IMG_9041.jpeg

IMG_9044.jpeg

IMG_9045.jpeg

IMG_9048.jpeg

IMG_9049.jpeg

IMG_9050.jpeg

IMG_9051.jpeg

IMG_9067.png

IMG_9088.jpeg

IMG_9091.jpeg

IMG_9094.jpeg

IMG_9095.jpeg

IMG_9121.jpeg

IMG_9123.jpeg

IMG_9130.jpeg

IMG_9131.jpeg

IMG_9132.jpeg

IMG_9135.jpeg

IMG_9138.jpeg

IMG_9140.jpeg

• Like 3

Thank you for the great photos and updates. We sail the Royal in a few weeks out of Seattle to Alaska.

We also have an obstructed deluxe balcony room...looks pretty spacious from your photos!

May I ask how the main dining room and buffet food has been if you have tried it?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Edited by SuzieQ521

@trbarton I waved as you sailed by! We are having fantastic weather right now on the coast.

It looks like they were quite responsive to hosting just a private Chef's Table for CC members? We leave June 3 on the Sky for 10 nights. Maybe I will check out the interest.

did you just collect names and turn it in to someone upon boarding? What is the cost? Thanks

Edited by nini
additional words

On 4/28/2023 at 11:57 AM, SuzieQ521 said:

Thank you for the great photos and updates. We sail the Royal in a few weeks out of Seattle to Alaska.

We also have an obstructed deluxe balcony room...looks pretty spacious from your photos!

May I ask how the main dining room and buffet food has been if you have tried it?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

My wife and I are just off this cruise. We cruised with three others in our party. This was by far the least enjoyed cruise on Princess ever. 

I had made dining reservations every night, private table for 5 at 6pm in Concerto, all but one night were converted to just two of us at a shared table, Tuesday was the only night that was correct, not one person cared or even tried to correct the problem. All we were told was to go down to Symphony and do anytime dining. I was livid. Heard others with similar issues. They need to figure out the dining, unacceptable.

Food was very hit or miss, small portions and just not very good, the fettucine was really tasty except the last night which tasted like noodles with milk, no taste at all, and service took absolutely forever most nights.The pizza place was good, thank God. Had burgers on Lido one day, burger buns were hard and stale, just nasty.

Crooners was actually using plastic martini glasses. I got glass only because I asked every time. Absolutely ridiculous. Everything seemed just really off. 

Ironically, Jan Swartz made a visit to Royal during the cruise, boy would I have liked to have a sit down chit chat. LOL

This cruise was a 180  from our TA we did on Emerald in November. 

Edited by martinitime1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2023 at 12:08 PM, nini said:

@trbarton I waved as you sailed by! We are having fantastic weather right now on the coast.

It looks like they were quite responsive to hosting just a private Chef's Table for CC members? We leave June 3 on the Sky for 10 nights. Maybe I will check out the interest.

did you just collect names and turn it in to someone upon boarding? What is the cost? Thanks

Yes I turned in a list of people, with their stateroom numbers along with a cover letter asking for a dinner just for us. Here’s 2 flyers that I used. Feel free to use any of my flyers. 

FYI…One of the persons on my list had a different stateroom number than what I had. I will now ask before if their was any changes of stateroom numbers. 

We paid $139 & it was well worth it. 

I turned one letter into the PSD & one in the MDR on Embarkation day at lunch. That was where the stateroom number was discovered. 

Tom😀

Chef's Table Flyer.pdf Royal Princess..November 27, 2022, 15 Day Hawaiian Cruise Flyer.pdf

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

Yes I turned in a list of people, with their stateroom numbers along with a cover letter asking for a dinner just for us. Here’s 2 flyers that I used. Feel free to use any of my flyers. 

FYI…One of the persons on my list had a different stateroom number than what I had. I will now ask before if their was any changes of stateroom numbers. 

We paid $139 & it was well worth it. 

I turned one letter into the PSD & one in the MDR on Embarkation day at lunch. That was where the stateroom number was discovered. 

Tom😀

Chef's Table Flyer.pdf 323.92 kB · 5 downloads Royal Princess..November 27, 2022, 15 Day Hawaiian Cruise Flyer.pdf 160.6 kB · 1 download

IMG_9137.mov

Thanks so much, Tom! What do you mean by "PSD"?

We will be on the Royal this Saturday for the first Alaska cruise of her season!  What production shows are currently on board?

(our Journey view for this cruise isn’t loading for anyone, people at Princess say it’ll work when we are on board). 

28 minutes ago, Alifay said:

We will be on the Royal this Saturday for the first Alaska cruise of her season!  What production shows are currently on board?

(our Journey view for this cruise isn’t loading for anyone, people at Princess say it’ll work when we are on board). 

Sailing the week after you. JourneyView works just fine pre-cruise - provided Princess uploads the schedule, and they seem to get to that late in some cases. I have had it show up a month early, and on another cruise the day before sailing.   I too am interested in what entertainment is on board, I have read Encore and Secret Silk may be the production shows.  Hope to see someone posting from your 5/6 cruise. Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alifay said:

Please report back after your cruise if you can (especially on the Skagway rock slide issues)...we do the same cruise on May 20th.

Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please verify if they are actually using plastic glasses for martinis at an inside bar?  A pre dinner martini is one of my favorite cruise rituals and I would be PUT OUT if someone hands me one in a plastic glass, especially after purchasing the premium beverage package.

Please don’t make me go full on Karen and insist they find me a beverage manager!!!

31 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Can someone please verify if they are actually using plastic glasses for martinis at an inside bar?  A pre dinner martini is one of my favorite cruise rituals and I would be PUT OUT if someone hands me one in a plastic glass, especially after purchasing the premium beverage package.

Please don’t make me go full on Karen and insist they find me a beverage manager!!!

Well it wouldn’t be the bartenders fault so I hope you would do so nicely. And I agree with you on glasses. I don’t do champagne OR martinis (of which I will be consuming in excess lol) in plastic cups! 😳

36 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Plastic is served outdoors, by the pool, etc. 

I am with you and despise plastic. it is just not right. However, if I must have a drink ordered at an outdoor bar, then it is what it is.

BTW- if you order a drink in the buffet, be aware that it may be served in plastic because the outdoor bar is close by.

• Like 1