No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

21 minutes ago, hoops71 said:

Just got off the Prima on Sunday, but it did set sail on April 30th if that matters.  Wife and had the P-plus drink package.  She practically took a bath in the Veuve. So these possible changes were clearly not in effect on that sailing.  They were out of the Sinatra Jack Daniel's (I made do anyway!).  Had a great cruise.

Not a wine/champagne fan, but saw plenty of the Vieuve bottles around.  

I’m a Buffalo Trace person personally.  Often wondered how that Sinatra Jack stacks up to Black Label?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rather be in Hawaii said:

Even though the Veuve has not been available as I had hoped my husband is making up for it with the Johnnie walker blue. I have tried lots of cocktails I don’t usually order. All I drink at home is red wine. If you ever have the opportunity to do Haven it is amazing. It is a splurge. The ship is crowded but not at max. Zero children in haven very few on the ship so early May might be a good time after the spring break crowds and pre summer crowds. 😊🍾

Wait.. Johnny Walker Blue is back?!

7 hours ago, graphicguy said:

No one on my cruise at any of the bars knew of any changes to the liquor choices except they didn't have any Bailey's, which they said they hadn't had for a while.

Zandy told me that Belvedere was being phased out.  (Zandy took good care of @graphicguy and me on the Bliss)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Zandy told me that Belvedere was being phased out.  (Zandy took good care of @graphicguy and me on the Bliss)

Come to think of it , I didn’t see any Belvedere!  Then again, I think the vodka drinks I had were limited to Screwdrivers, Bloody Marys and an “Apply-tini” , done as a suggestion by one of the bar patrons.  

Zandy took good care of us, for sure!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

All that Seas2mountains report shows is that it hasn’t changed on the Sky yet (in Le Bistro at least).

technically, it doesn't show that the change hasn't taken place on the sky. it may simply be that not all  employees have been notified of the change. or that rouge employees - at least temporarily - have decided to ignore the change.

12 hours ago, graphicguy said:

No one on my cruise at any of the bars knew of any changes to the liquor choices

THIS

how many times has NCL implemented something without adequately informing frontline employees?

(in this case, it works to the advantage of purchasers of the premium plus package.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

graphicguy can you please clarify. Do youi know if they were pouring by the glass for P+?

(Not a wine/champagne fan, but saw plenty of the Vieuve bottles around.)

You know….in all frankness, I don’t know.  I saw the bottles.  But, I’m not a wine person.  So who was or wasn’t drinking it I really didn’t notice.

12 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Thanks. Maybe using up inventory. Fingers crossed for July cruise.

You have to take these kinds of reports with a grain of salt.  I think most of this stems from someone on one of the ships, stating they couldn’t get this or that liquor, wine or beer, and all of a sudden it’s a tragedy that’s happening all over the place with all cruise lines sailing everywhere.

The only rumors about drinks that turned out to be true was when NCL switched from Coke to Pepsi and back to Coke.  The other one was from @JamieLogical when she reported that Baileys was getting the “Premium” designation.

Personally, I think it ends up being just a pass through charge from the distributors to the cruise lines. Or, availability issues.  But, even there, it’s not hard and fast.

I can’t for the life of me find Buffalo Trace bourbon at home.  And, I live 2 hours from their distillery.  But, on a cruise ship?  It’s every where….as easy to find as an art sale on board.

NCL may be changing liquor distributors.  They may be trying to cull some of the inventory of liquors they’re stocking.  Or, most likely, it’s much ado about nothing.

42 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

NCL may be changing liquor distributors.  They may be trying to cull some of the inventory of liquors they’re stocking.  Or, most likely, it’s much ado about nothing.

Yeah, or maybe it's more 1st world problems where people don't have enough to complain about, so they have to invent crises like "they're out of my favorite drink, the world's gonna end!" 😂 This is coming from someone who has ZERO skin in the game, I am OK with any brand of vodka, bourbon, rum, gin, and tequila for my cocktails. I just like being on vacation and having someone else make them for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yeah, or maybe it's more 1st world problems where people don't have enough to complain about, so they have to invent crises like "they're out of my favorite drink, the world's gonna end!" 😂 This is coming from someone who has ZERO skin in the game, I am OK with any brand of vodka, bourbon, rum, gin, and tequila for my cocktails. I just like being on vacation and having someone else make them for me.

Bless you!  Yeah….Vodka is vodka…..I actually like Titos.  But, I’m not a vodka aficionado.  And, I understand Tito’s is a “cheap” vodka.  

Bourbons?  Buffalo Trace is my “go to”, but if not available, 1792 works.  And, that’s not expensive, either.  But, I’ve been known to drink Basil Hayden, too.

Wines?  Champagnes?  I know they are either red, white, pink.  That’s the extent of it.  You could pour me a “Veuve” and I’d probably chug it without giving it a 2nd thought.

Beers?  Not an IPA guy.  I go to my old college standby over and over….Rolling Rock.  Barring that?  I’ve just been inducted into 🐀.  So, I’m committed to Blue Moon, as part of my initiation.

As in life, one has to be flexible….particularly with 1st world issues.  One liquor over another won’t have one iota of affect on whether I enjoy my cruise.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Bourbons?  Buffalo Trace is my “go to”, but if not available, 1792 works.  And, that’s not expensive, either.  But, I’ve been known to drink Basil Hayden, too.

Wines?  Champagnes?  I know they are either red, white, pink.  That’s the extent of it.  You could pour me a “Veuve” and I’d probably chug it without giving it a 2nd thought.

Basil Hayden is an excellent bourbon, I even drink it neat sometimes. But for my Old Fashioneds, etc. I'll take just about anything. Love wine and champagne, but I'm also not too picky, except for white Zinfandel, which as a friend of mine used to say is "the wine for people who don't like wine." 😆

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Basil Hayden is an excellent bourbon, I even drink it neat sometimes. But for my Old Fashioneds, etc. I'll take just about anything. Love wine and champagne, but I'm also not too picky, except for white Zinfandel, which as a friend of mine used to say is "the wine for people who don't like wine." 😆

I think we've posted about some of this before.  But, someone gave me Jefferson's Reserve Aged on Ship as a gift.

Allegedly, the gentle rocking of the ship along with the salt air makes it taste. better.  I know it was not a cheap bottle, and I'm always appreciative, there is no way that tasted any better (or any differently) than regular Jefferson Reserve!

When I go out to dinner and order wine, the sommelier always tells me what would taste good.  I follow their recommendations, normally.  When they bring it and pour a bit to taste, I always approve.  If it doesn't taste or smell like vinegar, had bad can it possible be?  

I hang with as many Franzia crowd people as I do Vieuve people.  They are the same to me (both the people and the wine).  LOL!

BTW...I like Basil Hayden neat, also.  Ordinarily, I take me bourbon on the rocks, though.

Vodka is usually mixed with something else.  So, brands really lose their alleged distinctiveness when you mix them.

2 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Curious with the P+ Flyer changing May 1st and we are mid way through May any recent experiences with the P+ package ordering Veuve by the glass, ship and bar specific?

Off the Getaway on 5/11. Vibe had Veuve by the glass, Haven did not - until 5 days in. Then Veuve by the glass appeared. I think Haven staff searched the ship for bottles left over from the bars. Staff confirmed it would be a bottle for purchase only, in future. Interestingly our Haven stateroom had a bottle of Moët on ice when we embarked. 

May be old news, but flavored vodkas are gone. 

Edited by kalypso333
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kalypso333 said:

Off the Getaway on 5/11. Vibe had Veuve by the glass, Haven did not - until 5 days in. Then Veuve by the glass appeared. I think Haven staff searched the ship for bottles left over from the bars. Staff confirmed it would be a bottle for purchase only, in future. Interestingly our Haven stateroom had a bottle of Moët on ice when we embarked. 

May be old news, but flavored vodkas are gone. 

Thanks. Very much interested in more posts. Every ship I am sure is in a different situation, inventory, etc. Holding on hope for Joy in July but not optimistic.

On 5/10/2023 at 6:22 AM, graphicguy said:

Barring that?  I’ve just been inducted into 🐀.  So, I’m committed to Blue Moon, as part of my initiation.

You've learned well grasshopper! 😎

@SalthMatewould be proud!

(miss you Marty😢)

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2023 at 3:43 PM, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Thanks. Very much interested in more posts. Every ship I am sure is in a different situation, inventory, etc. Holding on hope for Joy in July but not optimistic.

You were in haven and purchased vibe? Curious why. We were on the same cruise and haven sun deck was never busy. I confirm that the Veuve appeared on day five at haven bar. 😊🍾 

7 minutes ago, Augustsunshine said:

Not sure how this works. Are the brands you want totally unavailable or do you mean they are only available with a surcharge?

Veuve was always part of the top tier drink package.  With the Premium Drink Package (that comes with Free at Sea), it’s an up charge, but discounted.  Grey Goose…..not an up charge as some have insinuated.

49 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Grey Goose…..not an up charge as some have insinuated.

No one is insinuating anything. Anyone that has eyes and can read and comprehend English can see goose is currently a premium plus offering as shown in the attached. Youve seen this before, so not sure why your post continues to report old and inaccurate information to the members of this forum.

Beverage_Package_Flyer_04_23.pdf

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Like 3