Finding out what cabins are available

lahore

I will not book online now the option of choosing a cabin of my choice and not the only offering the system chooses for me is the only option.

A simple drop down box of available cabins where I could scroll and select would suffice.

Not rocket science……or maybe it is!

• Like 2

Azamara is not the only cruise line that won't show cabin availability.  There used to be a volunteer website to show Windstar cabins, but they made that impossible.  Does anybody know whether the other lines that use Azamara's new software package show cabin availability on their website?

If it is driven by the software, it is clear the cruise line would have known this but have chosen on balance to select their software provider based on what matters for them not necessarily what matters for potential customers at each stage of the customer journey

On 4/30/2023 at 1:31 PM, gymfreak said:

I will not book online now the option of choosing a cabin of my choice and not the only offering the system chooses for me is the only option.

A simple drop down box of available cabins where I could scroll and select would suffice.

I totally agree. So frustrating. 

Phil 

• Like 6

On 4/30/2023 at 1:31 PM, gymfreak said:

The other thing is that I respond much better to diagrams and pictures rather than lists. I like to see where the cabin is, not just be given a list of numbers of staterooms that are available. That is meaningless to me. 

Phil 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The other thing is that I respond much better to diagrams and pictures rather than lists. I like to see where the cabin is, not just be given a list of numbers of staterooms that are available. That is meaningless to me. 

Phil 

Yes I certainly liked the visual of a deck plan as before but anything at this stage would be an improvement.

Vicki

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

When we booked onboard Onward recently using the new system there was a deck plan visual of available cabins that we were shown so it’s definitely there in the system. Question is at what stage as booking onboard your details are already in the system.

I did think that this might be a problem as when they announced that they were going with Versonix Seaware I looked at a few other companies using the system and they were all best available in category. Works well for hotel bookings but not cruise ships, of course it does benefit the cruise operator as they aren’t going to be left with the undesirable ones.