Allure Wifi - Quality and value?

I was on the Allure last week and the wifi was fine for me. I was in an Owner's Suite, so the Voom Surf+Stream was complimentary.

There were a few areas of the ship where connectivity was difficult. This tended to be places like the Aqua Theater, where a lot of people were congregated at the rear of the ship. Perhaps this overwhelmed the wireless routers at times?

My cabin on deck 14 near the aft elevators seemed to get decent reception, but sometimes would drop down to one bar. Overall, though, I think it was much better than the prior system (my prior cruise was in January 2020).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Debating (for work purposes unfortunately). 

Depends on how reliable you expect it to be - it's pretty good but not anywhere as reliable as land-based internet. For most people most of the time for most function it is usable to work on the ship.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I thought the internet on Allure was excellent.  I was able to stream hockey playoff games they weren't showing on the ship.  There were some dropouts and buffering, but it was fine.  For emailing and working in google drive you'll have no issues.

• Like 1

It was bad for me last year when I needed to use my computer and do even moderate stuff during the day.  No video.  Just some text and spreadsheet file downloads.  Very slow. However, our cabin was all the way aft, so that might have been why.  I’m sure there are many good and bad spots onboard.  So your mileage is gonna vary to some degree.  

17 hours ago, Heckah said:

I thought the internet on Allure was excellent.  I was able to stream hockey playoff games they weren't showing on the ship.  There were some dropouts and buffering, but it was fine.  For emailing and working in google drive you'll have no issues.

If you REALLY need to "work" I've had great results using the Internet Cafe/Business Center/RCOnline, whatever it's called with "real" computers and monitors on a WIRED connection to the internet. Used it on both Radiance and Allure with Starlink and it was great. SOME of the computers have jacked up Chrome installs, so you might need to shop around for a good one.

Watched several hours of our Tivo in our midship cabin with minimal buffering/glitches. Brought a Samsung remote from home to select Screen mirroring which worked great.

Edited by GJustice