B2B 30th Wedding Anniversary cruise questions

slavigne5577

We booked B2B (5 day then 4 day) on Breeze for our Anniversary next year. We booked spa interior square stateroom, we love Cloud 9 Spa.  Will stay in Spa's thermal suite and will not get off ship. We have never done a B2B or cruised out of Galveston. We will turn Platinum on second leg. Will we get perks on first leg or only second leg or next cruise? We know it's not a lot of perks.  Also, PVP told me we can't bring 4 bottles of wine for both cruises when we start cruise. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Bringing Liquor and Beverages On Board - Embarkation
Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750-ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Guests sailing with us on back to back cruises are entitled to bring on board the same quantity as stated in this policy, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each following cruise begins.

Corkage Fee 
A $15 USD corkage fee, per 750-ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, specialty restaurant or bar. A corkage fee is a charge assessed at time of service at a restaurant for every bottle served that is not bought on the premises.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 1

If you turn platinum on the 2nd leg that's when you get that color card and those perks. Br sure and pick them up including your pin. They dont leave them in your cabin anymore.

My favorite is get priority to disembark. I did b2b on breeze myself since restart. My favorite meal was the lobster rolls. Not free but worth the cost. I had some obc too from owning 100 shares of stock so treated myself.

Enjoy the spa. Dream class does have the best spa.

Personally I also loved the white pizza. I asked once for pepperoni on it and it was almost too rich that way. Both were super good. I wasnt a fan of the Mdr dinners. Anything else. BLT sandwiches from the deli anyone? 

Edited by firefly333

We just did our first b2b last December on the Celebration.  I think you can only bring 2 bottles with you on the first cruise, but you CAN leave the ship at the end of the first cruise, go to the parking lot (or drive to a store if you want to) and then come back on the ship.   Just ask at guest services how this works.  I would imagine every ship will probably have their own instructions.   

You can bring all 4 bottles on during the initial embarkation. Carnival says the last 2 will be kept until your second leg but that never happens. If you wanted to, I bet you could leave the ship during turnaround day and bring on 2 more bottles so you'd have 4 bottles for your second leg.

• Haha 1

If your 2 cruises are linked, then you should be platinum when you get on the first cruise. We were in the same situation years ago, and we’re pleasantly surprised to have platinum cards when we got on. Check to see what your boarding documents say. 

2 hours ago, grima625 said:

If your 2 cruises are linked, then you should be platinum when you get on the first cruise. We were in the same situation years ago, and we’re pleasantly surprised to have platinum cards when we got on. Check to see what your boarding documents say. 

I've never heard of this. Maybe the op can report back as it doesnt seem logical to get it the cruise before the leg where they will get it. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I've never heard of this. Maybe the op can report back as it doesnt seem logical to get it the cruise before the leg where they will get it. 

That was our experience. We were in the same situation as the OP. We were surprised to get platinum cards on the first leg of the B2B. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It's been done that way for a long time, as long as the cruises are linked as a B2B. :classic_cool:

• Like 1