Charges for On-Board Activities???

ChemistBabe

5 minutes ago, ChemistBabe said:

When looking through old Patters, how can I tell which activities are complementary, vs. have an upcharge?

Thanks!

It might say, but it should be obvious that bingo is not free (a form of gambling).  Otherwise, wine tastings were about $25/pp unless Elite who get to go free. All entertainment is free, including interactive games and events (like egg drop or paper airplane flying or Voice of the Ocean).

Now they have the other “new” game where you can buy a case.  Deal or No Deal.

All specialty restaurants have an up charge.  New desserts have a charge.  But I am sure you are just asking about activities. 

Craft sessions like those on Hawaii itineraries and on some others have a fee for the supplies. Uke lessons, hula lessons are no charge. Some fitness center group sessions have a sign up and fee. Use of the fitness center is no charge. 

What activities interest you? Maybe we can provide more accurate responses about those activities. 

I'm going to be bummed if they ask me to pay for crafting on the Hawaii cruise in a month. I've never paid a fee for that on other voyages

Supposedly fitness classes have a fee attached but there wasn't anyone / anyway to record who was there last week

Edited by Ombud

16 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm going to be bummed if they ask me to pay for crafting on the Hawaii cruise in a month. I've never paid a fee for that on other voyages

Supposedly fitness classes have a fee attached but there wasn't anyone / anyway to record who was there last week

There are 2 types of lei making classes on Princess to Hawaii. 

One is supervised by the cruise staff is free.  The leis look stupid because straws are cut up into 1 inch segments and are threaded between the flowers to stretch the flower supply.  The other is supervised by the cultural ambassadors onboard and incur a charge.  The leis made during this class look like real thing and you can use as many flowers you want to make a lei that you head will fit through.

There are several of these classes offered and passengers have to sign up for a date and time and will be given a ticket to present.  Sign up early because the slots fill quickly.  The classes begin on the way back because the flowers are provisioned from one of the islands the ship visits.