Special Request for Steakhouse - Precruise contact?

wemjam

So we cruise in a couple weeks and I booked the Steakhouse for dinner for my husbands birthday.  I was wondering if I wanted to ask a "special" request for him is there a contact for the steakhouse prior to boarding?  If not I thought I might try to sneak away and talk to them directly once on board.

His favorite desert on the ships & just in general is the German chocolate cake.  They pretty much almost always have this (but not in the steakhouse).  I just wanted to ask if maybe we could get a piece with a candle brought out for him.  Anyone every have any luck with something along this line?

We've never done that, but our anniversary is in December and we've done a lot of cruises over that time.   The Steakhouse and Rudy's Seagrill have always gone out of their way to make our night special.   If you get with them early, I would be surprised if they didn't accommodate your request.

They serve german chocolate cake on the Lido buffet usually.

There's no way to reach steakhouse crew before you get on the ship that I'm aware of. The steakhouse is usually open during embarkation for people to make reservations, I'm sure if you snuck in and asked them they could help you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mz-s said:

They serve german chocolate cake on the Lido buffet usually.

There's no way to reach steakhouse crew before you get on the ship that I'm aware of. The steakhouse is usually open during embarkation for people to make reservations, I'm sure if you snuck in and asked them they could help you.

I know it is on lido ALOT, that is why I was hoping they might be able to get a piece for him in the steakhouse as a surprise 😃

Figured there was not contact, so I will just try to get in to see them when he isn't around.

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You could post the request to John Heald, assuming your husband doesn't read here or there.

Yea, he is on his facebook page.   Actually he is and I am not lol.  Haven't "done" facebook for years!  Got sick of all the negativity.

18 minutes ago, TreyB said:

After embarking ditch your husband and go to the steakhouse when it opens up, you will usually see staff there in the late afternoon. You can make your request at that time. No way that I know of to do it in advance. 

They usually have a booth set up on Promenade with a host(ess) as well, that's a good place to ask as well.