Online Check in

kabookie7

If I do my online checkin prior to my traveling partner doing hers, will our boarding time be the same since we are on the same reservation? Or could she end up with a different time when she does it? I hope this makes sense. I’m traveling with my adult daughter who is a kindergarten teacher so she’ll need to wait to checkin after her school,day.

Thank you for the help!

1 minute ago, kabookie7 said:

If I do my online checkin prior to my traveling partner doing hers, will our boarding time be the same since we are on the same reservation? Or could she end up with a different time when she does it? I hope this makes sense. I’m traveling with my adult daughter who is a kindergarten teacher so she’ll need to wait to checkin after her school,day.

Thank you for the help!

You each could get different times!

My husband and I checked-in at the same time, but I went back to change one piece of info, and it changed mine to a later time.  My time wasn't questioned at the port, however, not every port does things the same way, and you "might" get some push-back (or not).

On our last cruise a month ago from San Pedro on the Bliss, no one was checking check in times. if you have an early check in time show up with your daughter, I truly don't think there will a problem. check in times are trying to control crowding at the Pier.  But situations differ. We actually prefer check in time about 1130, it seems like passengers by then are moving instead of sitting and sitting or standing in the terminal.  Just my opinion

• Like 1

The check of check-in times depends on the port and many do not adhere to them; YET!!

The best thing would be for you to either wait till she is available or for you to do both as it is on the same booking.

Does anyone know if this is this a boilerplate email, or will this really be strictly enforced?

Due to Norwegian Joy's 11:00 pm departure time and anticipated terminal congestion with other vessels in port, check-in will take place between 4:00 pm and 9:00 pm. In order to ensure a smooth embarkation process we kindly ask that you arrive to the port at the arrival time you select during online check-in.

Port arrival times will be strictly enforced, and we ask that guests do not arrive to the terminal prior to 4:00 pm. Guests who arrive prior to the port arrival time selected at online check-in, will be turned away.