R Ship's deck 8 aft rooms

TonicTraveler

Just did Sirena in February in 8065, the last cabin on the side before the suite on the back. Heard no noise whatsoever at any time. And even though it was listed as obstructed, there was just a small corner on the back that had a slanted side and I felt there was no loss of view at all. Enjoy your cruise. Julia

The even numbered cabins are on the port side. The port side cabins are generally quite.

The odd numbered cabin are starboard. As noted above, the furthest aft PH3 cabins are usually quiet. However, as one moves forward from those two cabins they will encounter noise from above. From the Terrace comes noises from rolling carts across the floor at various hours which can/will wake one in the middle of the night. Also , those cabins under Waves often hear the dragging of chairs starting at very early hours. Those early risers seem incapable of picking a chair up and moving it back to sit down in. They pull/drag the chair back making a loud squeaking noise overhead for those in the cabin below.

8066 and 8069 are the 2 concierge cabins nestled between the 2 owners suites on deck 8. I stayed in 8066 once and don’t recall any noise from the terrace cafe. One thing that is noteworthy in that cabin is the length of the balcony. It is very deep and some people have commented in other threads that it makes the cabin feel like a tunnel. We had no problem and appreciated the larger balcony. 
k

Usually on ships I avoid the deck under the buffet or pool.  On Oceania, there are no late night pool parties.  For the most part, people are quiet at night.  After the show, the ship is very quiet.  If we skip the show, we like a coffee at Baristas.  We like that Baristas stays open late. 

29 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Usually on ships I avoid the deck under the buffet or pool.  On Oceania, there are no late night pool parties.  For the most part, people are quiet at night.  After the show, the ship is very quiet.  If we skip the show, we like a coffee at Baristas.  We like that Baristas stays open late. 

Is Baristas open late on R-ships now? Last fall on Regatta they were the bar for the GDR and didn't have the evening Baristas menu like Riviera did. Say yes, and we will be happy campers. 🙂